Destiny: discussion & clans

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by CrushingAnvil, Sep 6, 2014.

1. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

Yeah, I get that a lot, too. I have no idea why they'd add me and then not want to play, especially since a lot of content requires two or more people that you can't get from random matchmaking.

I mean, I could be in the middle of a strike or a crucible match and if someone invites me, playing with other people is so fun that I'll immediately stop and join their fireteam. The weirdest part about that is most of the time when I invite people, they're just walking around a planet on Patrol, not in a fireteam or anything. You'd think they'd want to do SOMETHING with a friend.

2. splinter8451

splinter8451 SS.org Regular

I completely agree. I sent one of my new "friends" an invite while we were both just chilling at the Tower, and what did he do a couple minutes later? Went to Orbit and started the level 26 strike by himself :scratch:

I would have gladly joined him, but he did it solo.

3. The Reverend

The Reverend GHETTO KING OF SWAG

One of the things I hate is that Destiny doesn't really give you the opportunity to even make friends to play the harder strikes and raids. I don't want to send a million invites to random people at the Tower just to hope to find someone around where I'm at in level and gear, and wants to do what I want to do. There needs to be a chat or something, or perhaps an option to enable matchmaking. After all, if I can't meet people in the game, how am I going to round up five people to do the Vault raid?

4. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

another night of not being able to play. . . sweet!

Anyone know if there is a customer support line I can call to find someone to yell at? haha

5. splinter8451

I do wish the high level raids had matchmaking.

6. Gothic Headhunter

Gothic Headhunter Born on a Monday

Anyone up for doing the weekly strike on PS4 in like 15 minutes? Username is KingOfTheDust

7. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

I could also see potential in this, especially now that they plan on implementing voice chat into matchmade fireteams. But it'll probably be ruined by an influx of level 24's who just unlocked the raid attempting to do it. The raid is VERY hard for first timers. My level 26 friend tried it with another 26, a level 28, and 3 level 27's that were all random, and they still couldn't even get the door open. Unless you're in a party with voice chat enabled your fireteam will have little to no coordination or communication. Matchmaking for TVOG would be awesome, but only if they required you to have a specific gear score to participate in the matchmaking part of it. Because all I can see is level 24's and 25's queuing up to try to get better gear, just like level 21's and 22's doing level 24 Strikes.

8. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

I tried the lweekly strike with a mate yesterday (level 22 or 24?). Bloody hell that was tough. Just breaking the 3 servitors was a real challenge. I was level 20, my mate 22.

I'm finding some of the crucible matchmaking a bit tough. I think there should be some sort of level window, but that may be tricky to implement. It takes time to find matches as it is,

But God I eat that fusion rifle that charges as quickly as the one that took me out repeatedly today. A level 28 opponent.. :)

I've tried a few missions that are no more than 2 levels above me and they are a real challenge. Even 1 level seems to make such a different in this game.

9. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Still loving it though. :)

10. asher

asher So Did We

... does this game really not have a Looking For Group tool?

11. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Nope. Player connections certainly seems to be something that could be worked on in the future.

I guess gamer forums are the place to go for now...

12. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

Well all of the stats are normalized, so a level 5 can kill just as fast as a level 30. The only difference is that weapon and armor upgrades (including damage) still take effect. Until the Iron Banner levels don't mean anything in the crucible. Just yesterday I had a level 6 mowing me down with an auto rifle in one second flat.

Oh yeah, Bungie explained that the reason auto rifles are so overpowered in the crucible is because all primary weapon damage is normalized around 30~ dmg per shot. That's PER SHOT, something Bungie didn't notice while auto rifles shoot around 3-4 rounds per second. Meaning someone using an auto rifle does 90-120 damage per second or two, whereas health is normalized around 200~.

I'm SO happy they're nerfing them and the shotgun. That's all I see in the crucible any more: auto rifles, shotguns, and rocket launchers.

13. splinter8451

Man rocket launchers are getting super annoying :lol: at least in Halo you could USUALLY avoid death if you saw it coming. In Destiny it seems like the lag between jump and jetpack is too much to avoid the blast radius. But I might just need to get my FPS reactions back to where they were in the Halo 2 days.

It kind of sucks scout rifles don't do a little more damage. Hopefully they are more useful once AR's are nerfed. Because right now, even with mostly precision shots I get beat out by someone running at me with an AR :noway:

14. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

I've been so reliant on the Stranger's pulse rifle.

I'll need to get me a decent auto rifle for now, until rebalancing occurs.

15. ScottyB724

ScottyB724 SS.org Regular

Always looking for more people to play with. Currently level 25 hunter on PS4. Feel free to add me. PSN ID: Tremulant402

16. monkeybike

monkeybike loves Dying Light

I think I spent most of the day trying to kill that Phogoth mofo in the moon raid, still couldnt do it. Think I need to level up more...

Only had one network drop today though!

17. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

I finally got to play today, all it took was calling Microsoft and manually entering DNS codes. . . Whatever those are.

Gonna try grinding strange coins tonight to spend on exotics

18. RickSchneider

RickSchneider SS.org Regular

I was using a scout rifle for missions and strikes and jumped into the crucible with it and decided to just stick it out rather than using my auto rifle. While I didn't go as well as i normally do, I still managed to get a ~1.5 kdr. In saying that I was relying on melee/grenades/shotgun in conjunction with the scout rifle, while when i use my auto rifle I can basically ignore all other weapons

19. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

They are in fact increasing damage done by scout rifles. Alot of people were complaining that scout rifles were severely underpowered compaired to everything else in the crucible. I think they nerfed scout rifles because they were so overpowered in the beta.

They're also supposed to be making exotic weapons more useful outside of the crucible. There was a lot of uproar that exotic weapons were often killing AI enemies much slower than legendaries, even though they initially do more damage and some have 5 damage upgrades.

I still don't understand the game's level-to-difficulty ratio. Because I'm level 26 and sometimes it still takes me 2 melee hits to kill a level 3-5 vandal while patroling Earth even though I'm over 20 levels higher than them and it only took me two hits to kill them when I was actually level 5. Or the fact that I have a fully upgraded exotic scout rifle that does 300 dmg and it still takes me two mags to kill majors and ultras that are 20+ levels lower than I am. I'm beginning to wonder if enemies are levelled simply to portray their threat to you, and it has nothing to do with how much damage you do to them in comparison to your level. I mean, it's not that bad, but the fact that I'm 4 levels and a couple pieces of raid gear away from hard cap and have one of the most powerful weapons in the game and still can't one-shot a level 2 Dreg in the chest is ridiculous.

20. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Having run a few missions on hard on Earth now, I'm finding that the fallen out in the Cosmodrome in general still have a low level marker, but take a lot more damage than you'd expect.

I'm wondering if the level marker more indicates aggression and intelligent behaviour, rather than damage dealt. The odd "yellow" target turns up too on patrols. A level 20 enemy will stil dish out and receive more damage, but will also be far more active and aggressive...

Nearly did the strike of the week today, but only two of us and that final boss is a bitch with all the vex spawns along the way. We abandoned in the end...I made it to the final boss solo too, which felt like progress.

Have decided my favourite Crucible match is control. Though bikes with guns seem a touch overpowered for it. :)

This is my first real taste of PVP on the 360 and it feels good to actually get kills, I got a COD game with my XBox and tried on that, but as the game was oldish by then I was way behind on perks and didn't stand a chance.. ��

I'm also doing the "get 9000xp without dying" bounty. I got so close, but lost it running a mission on hard, dammit.

Still liking the game a lot, but starting to see where improvements could be made..