Despised icon is breaking up

BrailleDecibel

I keep my dad jokes in a dad-a-base.
Reaction score
I liked a couple songs from these guys, especially "Furtive Monologue". They will be missed. :(

matttttYCE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well that's dissappointing. I was really hoping for another album after Day of Mourning.. it left me with a feeling like it was seriously lacking in comparison to their others. Still decent, just not the best they could have done. Oh well.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Well that's dissappointing. I was really hoping for another album after Day of Mourning.. it left me with a feeling like it was seriously lacking in comparison to their others. Still decent, just not the best they could have done. Oh well.

Fitting name for a last album.

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
Yeah, I was kinda hoping they would've put out some quality material before calling it quits.
Day of Mourning is so weak compared to Ills and Healing Process.

Either way, I'll go see 'em again for the last time.
They had a good run.

I'm also excited to see what Alex Grind gets himself into in the near future.
He didn't get this fast for nothing.

have any of you heard the new record...jesus man i dont know if you guys have ears but MVP alone is one of the heaviest most outwardly in your face songs i have ever heard. just saying.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Are they gonna go to couples counselling? Who's gonna get the dog? Or the plush, overstuffed furniture? Or the fancy convertible!?!

JoshuaLogan

Banned
Reaction score
THAT was a JSX? Jesus Christ, the tone ruled on that album, and JSX's to me have always sounded too round. Guess it depends who's playing it.

5150s are fairly round sounding too without a boost. Boost the JSX with a tubescreamer and put it through a great cab like the Mesa recto 4x12 and it sounds damn good. James Murphy (of Death/Testament) posts on the Sneap forum too and he uses the JSX + Mesa 4x12 often on albums he mixes and guest solos he tracks for various bands. It seems to be his favorite amp for leads from what I can tell.

Sneap also used the JSX on Chimaira's Resurrection. I don't like Chimaira, but that cd has awesome guitar tone too.

The JSX would actually fit djent stuff pretty well... it's brighter and more metallic sounding than the 5150... also pretty tight. Just listen to the Ills of Modern Man tone...

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
have any of you heard the new record...jesus man i dont know if you guys have ears but MVP alone is one of the heaviest most outwardly in your face songs i have ever heard. just saying.

MVP is like the ONLY good song on the album.
Most of the other ones are too repetitive and boring, IMO.

For all the other song, I find myself waiting for like my one or two favorite bits then it's like eh.

My statement still stands, The Healing Process and The Ills of Modern Man were better.
Especially the outro song on Ills as opposed to the outro song on Day if you wish to still claim that Day of Mourning is so sick.

Andrewsonfire

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
when i told my friend this he told me "OH! baby dont you know, the band is breaking up cause we aren't making any dough!" lol the MVP lyrics..

corellia_guitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That sucks.. never really listened to them but they were one of the few bands that kept my attention at Thrash and Burn last year. Good on them for pursuing what's best given their situations though.

blister7321

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i dont like their singers, i have the same problem with them that i do with alot of deathcore bands, they look and act like rappers but i liked the music tho this is bad news

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Deeply saddened by this. I know there's alot of hate on here towards these guys, but I dug the hell out of them.