Demonstrating my right hand. Feedback? (4k Yngwie content)

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by tender_insanity, Nov 19, 2020.

1. tender_insanity

tender_insanity SS.org Regular

So, I've been analyzing my right hand lately. This is the way I play and hold the pick. The grip of the pick depends really a lot what and how I play.

Rhythm: Thumb and middle (not much here on the video) or thumb with middle and index
    Lead alternative: Thumb and index
    Lead economy: Thumb and index, supported with middle
    Sweep: When going down, thumb and index, supported with middle. When coming up, thumb and index

Ain't that weird? Does anyone play the way I do?

I've never thought about how I play. I just do what feels natural. No matter what pros or anyone says how I SHOULD hold the pick. I guess it's just something that makes my playing to sound like myself. I'd say, if there's no pain, just go ahead the way you want. I've played like this for 30 years now and have had no issues.

Feel free to comment.

And yeah, the song. Far Beyond The Sun with imperfections and bad improvisation here and there :D (The processing time for 4k in youtube is quite long, though...)

2. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

Did you learn from EVH? That is how he holds the pick.

upload_2020-11-19_16-41-36.jpeg

[​IMG]

He's always 2 or 3 fingers on the pick, depending on what he's playing. And when only two it's often the index not pointer especially for for leads.

3. tender_insanity

tender_insanity SS.org Regular

No. Ive never been a fan of evh and didnt know the way he plays. Cool to know though!

USMarine75 likes this.