Democratic Primary thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Drew, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

At least 60 of them according to the article. It also looks like a few of Reades supervisors said she was fired because basically, she sucked at her job.

2. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

I once had a woman, whom I fired, come back in and confront *my* boss, saying she "was fired by a racist." We're both caucasian. She was just super shitty at her job. Like...on the day the company CEO was visiting our store to see the improvements *I* had made to the place and the team, she shows up late, and out of uniform. Uniform is either a company t-shirt, or a button-up shirt, non-jeans slacks, and closed-toe shoes one-step up from sneakers. She came in wearing light grey sweat pants, socks/sandals, and a white-tailed deer graphic t-shirt.

About a month later she called me to ask for a reference. So clearly she was also fired because she had terrible judgement. :lol:

Randy likes this.
  3. GoldDragon

GoldDragon SS.org Regular

Let me repeat:

If the FBI with all their resources, an open FISA warrant, and 3 years couldn't corroborate the intelligence one man gathered over several weeks, then there is nothing to it.

By your own words, you don't know if there was collusion or anything illegal. None was found, yet you are acting like he's guilty.

You are treating this like the OJ verdict. In the OJ case, there was a dead body. There was an obvious murder. In the Trump collusion and impeachment, there was no "dead body" other than trump winning the election. Some of us call that democracy.

If we can't get past this point, there can't be a debate. Acting like trump is guilty is the height of delusion.

If you respond to this post again, I will either cut/past previous answer or just ignore it.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  4. Ralyks

I have a feeling most of us are going to ignore you first. I haven't yet because it's entertaining to see how idiotic your statements are.

narad likes this.
  5. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

Brutal dawg!!

I feel like the resident Republicans should probably just make a “Trump is rad” thread instead of walking into lions den here.

6. Ralyks

At least Drew has explained his need to understand what's going on because of his career. GoldDragon just posting opinion pieces and trying to present it as fact.

Also, I can't help it if Trump supporters walk in here like it's Hulk Hogan heel of the month to conquer. Or MetalHex.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  7. GoldDragon

GoldDragon SS.org Regular

So cool! I didn't know there was an ignore button. This problem has been solved.

8. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Ok, but you're moving the goalposts. The Carter Page wiretap was legally authorized and upon review the original application and first renewal still stood up, so since you still can't bring yourself to admit that, you're going back to the Steele dossier.

Newsflash: The Russia Investigation did NOT begin with the Steele dossier. It began with George Papadoupolous confiding to an Austrailian diplomat in Russia that the Trump campaign knew the Russians were behind the DNC server hack, and his escalating that to US intelligence because he was so concerned. This was before the Steele dossier was even completed, much less became public knowledge. That Russia was behind the hack, incidentally, was a claim in the dossier as well, and that HAD been substantiated.

And again... You're interpreting "was not able to prove true beyond a reasonable doubt" as "definitively proved false." That's absolutely not the case. It's enough to shield Trump from prosecution, but it doesn't prove that nothing occured. Being perfectly honest, when the Russian investigation first opened I had extremely low expectations... Right up until Donald Trump Jr. himself tweeted out an email chain confirming that someone claiming to represent Russia reached out to him offering dirt obn the Clintons, and he eagerly accepted. The Trump campaign, at a minimum, tried to solicit foreign help. Mueller merely failed to prove they succeeded.

Meanwhile, the obstruction of justice case was proved beyond a reasonable doubt. Mueller admitted obliquely in his testimony was DOJ policy that only Congress, and not investigators, could recommend charges against a sitting president was the reason he held back from formally stating that Trump had obstructed justice and instead only laid out the facts that substantiated that belief, and Barr, brought in to replace a Jeff Sessions that Trump fired for not doing enough to "protect" him, simply decided to conclude on his own there was no obstruction.

Trump may have colluded with Russia, but beyond a reasonable doubt obstructed justice. The Steele dossier is only a tiny part of the former case, and not at all part of the latter. Mueller found plenty. Your fixation on the Steele dossier is bizarre.

zappatton2 and StevenC like this.
  9. Ralyks

10. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Well, if you end up ignoring everyone in here that you should, you're gonna be stuck with just me!

budda and StevenC like this.
  11. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Wow didn't realize goal post moving was an essential service. And have we confirmed Gold Dragon knows what an editorial is yet??

Jesus my brain hurts from all this. Sucks Andrew Yang couldnt break through the mob of candidates

Randy likes this.
  12. Randy

Randy Tony Lazuto?! Super Moderator

Didn't stop both parties from stealing his platform.

vilk and Dineley like this.
  13. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Ironic, isn't it? Of course the GOP is backpedaling hard now, and I'm not sure how hard Mnuchin would press to get a second stimulus check out there. He's certainly going to fall short of the AOC/Sanders proposal to keep $2k/mo checks coming for as long as the pandemic lasts. Either way - UBI is one of those "conceptually interesting, but god only knows how it'd work in real life" ideas that between Yang making it a centerpiece of his platform followed in short order by 15-20+% of the country (tl;dr - the official 14.7% unemployment rate is hard to square with new unemployment claims data and BLS was pretty open about the fact they were struggling to capture data here and job losses from companies that just failed rather than laying people off were not getting captured - I don't think Trump's fudging the numbers, at least not yet, but I think there are some real measurement issues we'll be struggling with for a while and that number probably will get revised down) losing their job in short order, I think it's gone a lot more mainstream.

14. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

StevenC likes this.
  15. MFB

MFB Banned

budda likes this.
  16. Ralyks

Apparently Biden asked Klobuchar to get better. So theres a hint at where VP is going. The thought process is she can help him with the Mid West.

Not exactly my first choice...

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  17. Randy

Lotta folks staying home for that ticket.

vilk and JoshuaVonFlash like this.
  18. JoshuaVonFlash

JoshuaVonFlash SSBRO.org regular

Who is excited to vote for Biden/Klob? :lol:

19. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

No one is as exited as this lady.

[​IMG]

Or his granddaughter.

[​IMG]

Or his wife's finger.

[​IMG]

Or this lady.

[​IMG]

Or this lady.

[​IMG]

JoshuaVonFlash likes this.
  20. Randy

That 'shake hand and kiss' move is pretty bold but a true alpha like Trump would've honked a tittie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.