Delay that works with at Line Level with Parallel Effects Loop

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Bilbo_Baggins, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins New Member

My amp is a Framus cobra head and it has a horribly picky parallel effects loop.

I'm looking for a Delay (digital preferable) that works with at Line Level with Parallel Effects Loop. It needs a killdry to function properly (I think). I have the MXR carbon copy deluxe (analog) and I love the sound but it has noticable volume drop when it engages. (both in loop and in front of amp).

I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the amp & cabinet and moving to Line 6 Helix.. maybe you guys can help!

2. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

I use a TC Electronic G Major in the loop of my Bogner √úberschall Twin Jet, which has a crazy hot line level loop. I also use an Ebtech LLS-2 to get the signal to a manageable level, but it may not be necessary with the Framus. The effects in the G Major are good, but pretty basic with less delay types and parameters than most dedicated delay pedals or modelers.

My Strymon Timeline can handle line level signal and has an option for kill dry as well. It works fine with my Ultra Lead loop set to line level, but the Twin Jet will clip the input on it. The Boss DD-20 also has an option to run at line level, but I can't remember if it has a kill dry function

Ribboz likes this.
  3. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

What about modding the loop?

4. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

I've been using a TC Electronics Timeline X4 which works with a hot parallel loop signal. The Line6 DL4 it replaced absolutely did NOT - setting it to 100% wet wasn't an issue, but my Roadster overdrove the front end of it (while oddly my Rectoverb and Nomad before it did not)

5. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Eventide Timefactor has an option for line level.

Given To Fly likes this.