Delay Pedal Problem

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by RichIKE, Oct 20, 2012.

1. RichIKE

RichIKE Warforged

I have a boss dd-3 and when it is bypassed sometimes there is still one repeat of delay very quiet that i can hear, anyone know what could be causing this?

2. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Is the pedal daisy chained for power ?

3. RichIKE

RichIKE Warforged

4. kreaturesleeper

kreaturesleeper SS.org Regular

My BossDD20 will continue a delay sequence after its been disengaged. Id assume most boss' are similar. The great thing about the DD20 though, is you can select a different memory mode, while also disengaging the delay, which cuts the signal completely. The trick I had to learn, is that my foot should hit the pedal before the phrase is completely over. Although thats just my experience, YMMV.

I have noticed that playing around on our bass players DD7, it does the same thing until the effect type is re selected (quickly). Its never bothered me, and I always assumed it was a Boss thing, Ive learned to deal with it, but if theres an easier solution, I am also interested.

5. Sephael

Sephael Divine Paradøx Contributor

Are you just talking about it finishing the delay sequence when you shut it off? Or are you saying it does this long after disengaged?

Many delays have this feature to allow for more natural transitions, you disengage it and it repeats everything you played before that point. A true bypass delay shouldn't have this feature, they will just abruptly stop your repeats. Though there are pedals like the Way Huge Supa Puss that can do either.

6. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Try it by itself .only thing in the chain and only thing plugged in. See if it does it

Boss digital delays hate being daisy chained for power . Seen it work in some setups but often does weird things. My boss dd20 when daisy chained I could hear a faint click on the tempo. With its own power supply it was crystal clear.

7. RichIKE

RichIKE Warforged

Om talking about long after it has Been shut off.

8. incinerated_guitar

incinerated_guitar SS.org Regular

I noticed my ME-70 would do the same thing with any of the modulation effects. I've stopped using it, as I've become pretty minimalist with my rig, but that was definetely something that would piss me off :wallbash:

Honestly I have no clue what could cause that issue though, could be a defect in some products :scratch:

9. xchristopherx

xchristopherx SS.org Regular

I had the same issue with my dd20 until I got it it's own power supply. I was actually going to sell it, then I read the manual and realized it needed far more power than my other pedals. Pick up another supply for your delay, and you should be fine