DEI bass gear

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by Veldar, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Veldar

Veldar Is Post-Thrash?

Hey Gang,

Now I know a Darkglass pedal can get the sound, but purely out of historical reason does anyone know how they got that bass tone on DEI? Meshuggah's amps for the guitar tracks are pretty well known but I can never find any info on what Peter Nordin used at the time.

Cheers, Sam.

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Guitar wise it was a Spector NS2A. Gear wise, it had like 2 different tracks; a clean DI, and a distorted as shit amp. You can find a couple of videos on youtube of some people disecting/remixing the DEI stems, and the bass had 2 different tracks. Wouldn't be surprised if they used their guitar rig (Mesa 50 Cal or Marshall 8200 + TC Integrated preamp) for that part since I heard they used their guitar rig for Chaosphere.

3. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt Member

These days, I am using the Darkglass X7. What I dig about it is it is a parallel signal scenario. it splits the incoming signal into two. I can get that compressed cleans on the lows and high gain highs. Then it blends them on the way out of the box. It isn't as true a biamp scenario as maybe what you could get from the Orange Bass Butler, but does a very nice job.