Defyantly Consolidated Build Thread

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Defyantly, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Defyantly

Defyantly Aspiring Builder

Since this seems to be the new thing to do in this part of the forum, I have decided to create my own consolidated build thread. Enough talk.....GO

Previous Builds/On-going builds:
    https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/defyantlys-2019-summer-build-challenge.335719/ This is my completed build for the Summer Build Challenge.
    https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/douglas-hadron-727-refinishing-project.333227/ This is my on-going project (that is currently sitting waiting to be refretted cause it was my first fret job and it was shit) I will continue this build using this thread.

Currently I am working on a couple refinishing projects for a coworker and building a Fan Fret 7 string along with a couple other small projects that I can get done pretty quickly.

First off specs for the new seven string. (Valknut)

27-26.5 scale length
    Acacia wood top (repurposed form a cutting board)
    Tiger wood neck (will be my first attempt at a scarf joint)
    Bolivian Rosewood FB (may change this to a richlite board for the even blackness)
    individual bridge saddles (from mgbguitars)
    7 inline tuners (from mgbguitars)
    Single vol
    Pushbutton Killswitch
    Jescar jumbo fretwire (frist attempt at cutting blind fretslots by hand. Still trying to figure out how to do this)
    Custom Inlay (first attempt)
    Single cut shape (still toying with the shape)

Now to pics.
    Fretboard inlay idea
    Inlay design.jpg

The two single cut shapes I'm working on.
    New Single Cut 2.jpg New Single Cut.jpg

The "top wood" I plan on using just don't know which side I want up.
    Top wood2.1.jpg Top wood0.1.jpg

And then a couple side projects I finished. Two knives (just fitting handles and sharpening. (purple heart and roasted flame maple) as well as a Shell that I polished from work.
    Knives.jpg Shells1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Taylor

Taylor Formerly... someone

Really like that inlay design, also like the bottom single cut design a lot!

3. Deegatron

Deegatron SS.org Regular

I'm also a big fan of the bottom single cut design.
    looks classy AF.

4. Defyantly

Defyantly Aspiring Builder

Thanks. I believe that one is the one I'm gonna go for. I'm still not sure on the color scheme. I have all gold hardware so I was thinking either a black back wood and neck/dark fretboard with gold colored epoxy as the inlay material.