Deftones last night

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by philkilla, Sep 30, 2010.

1. philkilla

philkilla Jesus Saves Contributor

And it fuckin rocked. They opened up with adrenaline material, went into around the fur, my own summer, be quiet and drive, white pony stuff and self titled stuff than the new stuff like diamond eyes, cmnd/ctrl, and you've seen the butcher only to close with some more adrenaline material and than finally 7 words.

This is my 3rd time seeing the Tones, and it was definitely the best. Stef's 8 sounded great live, and I wrecked shit in the pit....apparently people don't appreciate cardio as much as I do hahaha

BrainArt likes this.
  2. UGH

UGH SS.org Regular

Not the biggest Deftones fan but, when someone enjoys a show as much as you obviously did (and said someone knows what they're talking about) you can bet, shit must've been epic!

3. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

When I saw them in August, they rocked the fuck out. I had watched pretty much every live video prior to seeing them live for the first time, and they put on the best show I had seen from them. :hbang:

4. RevDrucifer

RevDrucifer SS.org Regular

I saw them in Boston last week with AIC and Mastodon......absolutely killer set!!

I wish they played "CMND/CTRL", cuz that's my fave off the new disc, but regardless, they did a killer fuckin' set. I've never heard Chino sound that good live....

Stephen was a bit muddy at times, but I wasn't surprised really...they were between Mastodon and AIC...and Jerry sounded fucking HUUUUGGGGGEEEEE that night.....that shit was hard to beat.

Really only the 8-string stuff though...too much gain and high-end.....all kinda mushed together. When he strapped on the 6's, wasn't an issue at all.

5. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

Fixed. ;) Stef hasn't used 6s in years.

6. philkilla

He was playing a telecaster for the White Pony material that night actually...pretty odd to say the least. Needles to say, his tone still sounded great. It was definitely their best performance I've seen to date still.

7. Ben.Last

Ben.Last Formerly Lern2Swim

If this is in response to the 6 vs. 7 comment, his teles ARE 7s.

8. philkilla

Yah, you're right. I was totally wasted at the show....lol yet somehow I remembered some details.

9. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

I just saw them a couple of weeks ago, they were tight as fuck. They didn't play a single song off of Saturday Night Wrist hahaha. Glad to see Chino in on point right now too, he can make or break their live show.

10. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Man, that would have been a show I would have liked! I'm a pretty big fan of that era of Deftones from the songs you named.

11. Ben.Last

Ben.Last Formerly Lern2Swim

Most definitely. I've seen them a handful of times and the last time was the first time that I've actually been impressed. Mainly because Chino wasn't detracting from the rest of the band this time.

12. daybean

daybean ... Contributor

stef played the white 7 string esp for a few songs when i saw them s few months ago. played for a good while and it was a great set.

13. ttiwguitar

ttiwguitar SS.org Regular

Saw 'em in Richmond last month for the first time. I was also bummed that they didn't play anything from Saturday Night Wrist, because that one's my favorite, but they're awesome live. They pulled out a LOT of old stuff.

14. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

I saw them in Toronto two weeks ago. So awesome. The whole place went nuts when busted out Change. They also didn't play anything off of Saturday Night Wrist or the Self-Titled. They opened with Diamond Eyes and Rocket Skates, into Around the Fur, Be Quiet and Drive and My own Summer. I forget what was played in what order from there, but they played Sex Tape, You've Seen The Butcher, Risk, 7 Words, Change (as I already mentioned) and one more off of Adrenaline that I didn't know well enough to pinpoint.

The rest of the show, on the other hand, was disastrous for me. Our street car broke down in a tunnel, so we were stuck in there for 45 minutes or so. Everything had backed up and by the time we were walking up to the amphitheater, Mastodon were already into Blood and Thunder, which was the last song of their set and the lines outside the entrances were just enormous. We only actually got into the amphitheater by the time Deftones were onto Be Quiet and Drive.