Deciding on a new 7 strang

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by s2k9k, Feb 18, 2015.

1. s2k9k

s2k9k SS.org Regular

What up fellas. Trying to decide on a new 7 to get. It's pretty much a decision between the ESP ltd H7-2015 40th anniversary or a white Jackson Chris Broderick 7 in white Indo model. Has anyone had experience with the Jackson? Maybe someone already has an H7-2015? I've always got Ibanez, but have been wanting something different this time, although I really like the new UV71P Universe. Would like to get your guys' input and opinions/experiences.

2. MaxAidingAres

MaxAidingAres SS.org Regular

All three of these options are great but I would definitely recommend trying them if you aren't familiar with each. Try out jackson 7s, Ltd 7s, Ibanez 7s to get an idea of what the build quality, finish quality will be like. Many say the Ibby premiums are a hit and miss so unless you absolutely have to have the ibby and you can play it or return it I would stay away. Any Esp i have every played that was one of the high end imports (korean) have played exceptionally well. I have played a jackson slatt7 which is the same build quality I'm sure as the broderick model just with different specs.

I would just narrow it down to the specs you have to have and go from there trying everything you can get your hands on

3. s2k9k

s2k9k SS.org Regular

Cool. Yeah basically I just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with that Broderick 7 model. I'm not worried about the ESP quality really. Just having a hard time deciding.

4. 7stg

7stg SS.org Regular

Don't forget carvin. Their DC7x is amazing, and if you don't go for a fancy top you can get one in your budget.

5. Tzar27

Tzar27 Well-Known Member

This all the way. I recently got a DC727 since I'm more keen on a 25.5" scale than the DC7X's 27", but it's incomparably the best guitar I've ever played. For well under 1500 USD. And it's custom-made. Get a Carvin.