Deathspell omega

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by simonXsludge, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Equivoke

Equivoke dickbut

Cheers guise!

Yeah they posted recently that they are looking for a label to release TJP (And that they've written new stuff yis yis), the non-final mix version is on the interweb though *orgone the joyless parson rar* just sayin'. Gonna buy it when it is released for sure, they gave me their blessing for releasing TRC with a cover of Caress of Vines on it despite it not being released by them, so I wouldn't feel too bad about checking it out before it actually comes out.

Did it by ear and I've been burnt out on guitar pro recently, but I'll be doing a playthrough pretty soon yo'

2. Equivoke

Equivoke dickbut

There are no band quite like DsO, but a lot of what I listen to at least has some crossover:

A bit more DM:

Afterkingdom (single) | thaw

3. vilk

vilk Very Regular

+1 for Borgia. Their song Conquistadores is too good.

4. Equivoke

Equivoke dickbut

Yeah they're definitely underrated, so much great stuff from France.

5. yingmin

yingmin Parker über alles

New Pyrrhon album streaming on Bandcamp and available for pre-order.

The Mother of Virtues | Pyrrhon

Anyway, some other bands I think of as, if not MUSICALLY similar to Deathspell, at least SPIRITUALLY similar:

Abigor:

Ascension:

Solefald:

Gorguts, post-Obscura:

6. Gashnar

Gashnar New Member

7. Defi

Defi SS.org Regular

Takes a brave soul to cover this shit as half of tabbing the guitar is intuition or gut feeling. Bravo. I think I have nearly figured out all of wings of predation and abscission now, but as with everyone else I hear/tab things a bit differently.

8. Defi

Defi SS.org Regular

Okay here ya guys go. I just tabbed abscission out and a couple other things, fixed some of my old ones that weren't right and added them to what I have so far.

Attached here is my tabs of the following:
    -Epiklesis I
    -Abscission
    -Dearth
    -Epiklesis II
    -Apokatastasis Panton
    -Chaining the Katechon (just parts)

Tabbing this stuff out makes my head spin. But in the future I plan to add wings of predation (I have it pretty much figured out, just need to write it out) and god help me, but phosphene. Which I have the easy parts figured out.

Please please please check them out and comment, see if you think there's anything in there that doesn't seem right.

I apologize they're all in notepad. I hate guitar pro and power tab with a passion. It would take me weeks to put it all in there. I might get a go pro or something yet. But if you play it and listen concurrently or back and forth in rapid succession you will get it. Hopefully.

edit: just noticed a couple mistakes in dearth and chaining parts. fixed. and figured out a way to play a part in abscission easier. fixed again

edit again (may 6th): I have noticed quite a few more mistakes, and more importantly heard things much differently in epiklesis II...

I will try to get them on ultimate guitar in correct form, but here's the latest update (again, most notably to epiklesis II)

Dwellingers, Shimme and Draceius like this.
  9. Shimme

Shimme Wants a Seven String

Wow. I literally stumbled on this band today and have spent about 2 hours just listening to Paracletes. Wow. I was looking around for some tabs for them too, so thank you so much for going to the trouble of making these ... maybe throw them up on Ultimate Guitar for other people to find? There's a disturbing lack of Deathspell on that site :yesway:

+rep

10. Defi

Defi SS.org Regular

Ya I will put them up on ultimate guitar. I had thought about it. No good reason not to really haha.

And you're very welcome, it is lots of fun to tab stuff out I find.

I submitted them all, although I was never prompted for a user name or anything... so I don't know how that worked. Also found a few more mistakes. And I think I submitted Epiklesis I twice and one of them is II.

I am better at hearing music than using keyboard.

edit: i keep noticing things different and now that I put the tabs up they are on my mind way too often. latest changes uploaded above.

11. Defi

Defi SS.org Regular

Pardon my bumping the shit out of this thread, but I just wanted to say I put all my tabs up on ultimate guitar (Now with wings of predation) and almost all the ones I have uploaded a few posts back are changed. I didn't know you couldn't edit old posts or else I wouldn't have attached them.

plan to tackle phosphene next although it might be unpossible. but if I feel I do it, I may just try to complete the whole album. godspeed myself.

12. Equivoke

Equivoke dickbut

Nice dude! I took Abscission because it was the easiest to figure out, I don't envy you trying Phosphene haha. I tried to figure out "Repellent scars" to cover but....no. Didn't happen.

13. Floppystrings

Floppystrings banned

Good luck to you guys trying to play their stuff.

I am all about black metal chords, dissonant playing, it's one of my strengths, but this is just straight up ridiculously hard to figure out. They should release a tab book for Paracletus.

14. Rizzo

Rizzo SS.org Regular

To anyone who's managed to understand their guitar work, could you tell me their musical clichès (if possible), like in terms of average musical vocabulary to analize their most recurrent solutions and soundscapes, or is it entirely batshit crazy undefinable stuff?

15. Floppystrings

Floppystrings banned

Sometimes, things are indeed batshit crazy undefinable stuff.

On the But Aus Nort album Mort, they played fretless guitars using 90% hammer ons, like they were playing pianos.

16. Rizzo

Rizzo SS.org Regular

Bump! Any news on the vociferated new album?

17. Mwoit

Mwoit SS.org Regular

Are they doing a new album?!

18. hairychris

hairychris Hairy Old Bloke

Hah. I should have replied to this.

I describe them as "try to imagine if The Mars Volta played black metal" to people. That's the nearest ballpark that I can get to. Admittedly most folks I know who're into music know of TMV, whether they like them or not, so the comparison is kind of valid. The guitar work and tone of Paracletus plus non-linear song construction is what I get from the comparison....

19. Rizzo

Rizzo SS.org Regular

I heard rumors last year. Maybe it was just bullshit. If anyone can confirm...

20. simonXsludge

simonXsludge (((Ω)))

I have heard nothing so far.