DEATH - 21 song Official tab book - Transcribed by Steffen Kummerer of Obscura

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by axeslaya, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

still 45$ to Spain :flame:

2. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

Look what showed up this morning![​IMG]

3. 693

693 SS.org Regular

Wow the layout looks badass!

4. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Awesome!!!

What song are you going to learn first? :wavey:

5. ArtDecade

ArtDecade John Bohlinger's Dank Stash

The Rhythm and Solo sheets are separate from each other. Also, there are no lyrics in the book. Not a problem really, but sometimes its useful to look up at the words when you lose yourself in the sheet music. Just two things to be aware of. That said, the transcriptions are super clean and easy to read.

6. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

I'm started from the beginning. Although I know some of these tracks they're some slight variation to the way I was playing

7. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Just got my copy of the Death guitar tablature book yesterday and I'm pleased. Huge thank you to Relapse Records, Steffen Kummerer and everyone involved in the making of this awesome book. And now, for the nitpicking. :squint: Did anyone else who has the book catch the 26th, 27th and 29th fret notes in 2 of the songs? I wasn't aware that Death used guitars that had more than 24 frets. Or did they? For those of you who haven't seen it yet. The songs/pages as follows.

Perennial quest solo. Page 246. Tab indicates 26th fret notes being played.
    Zero tolerance solo. Page263. Tab indicates 26th, 27th and 29th fret notes being played.

I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt that Steffen Kummerer may have tabbed it wrong and/or Chuck Schuldiner/other guitarists may have used guitars that have 29 frets in the studio. Mistakes or not, I'm pleased with the book and can't wait to learn some stuff from it. :cool:

8. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

Congrats for the book, lucky you for getting that book, to this side of the world the shipping is more expensive than the book itself.

In respect to the mistakes thing... It maybe indicates an orientation to play these notes where no fingerboard frets, near or over the pickups?

9. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

It might be. I know that particular articulation isn't new and that Chuck Schuldiner wanted to think outside the box for the music he wrote for Death and so, maybe he did use that articulation on those 2 songs. :cool:

10. ArtHam

ArtHam SS.org Regular

Hi everybody. I just got this book and was wondering a lot of the same things so I sent a message to Danny Tunker (Alkaloid, ex-Aborted), one of the co-authors of this book. He said the following about the transcriptions:

Danny Tunker Wrote:
    'Hey man. Glad you like the book. And I'm glad it's finally out there since we finished the damn thing in 2012! Steffen transcribed the songs off the first 4 albums and I transcribed all songs from 'Individual Thought Patterns', 'Symbolic' and 'The Sound Of Perseverance'. All leads were checked by Bobby Koelble. He recorded his leads on Symbolic on a Washburn 29 fret guitar, so there will be some notes that will be hard to reach without.
    As for confusion on certain press releases only mentioning Steffen; that's a Relapse thing, but it's since been corrected and I'm still in the book, so there.'

Kummerer didn't transcribe those songs. Danny Tunker did and Bobby Koelble (Death guitarist on Symbolic) double-checked. He recorded his leads on a 29 fret Washburn guitar.

11. vm27

vm27 SS.org Regular

Great stuff.

12. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Awesome! Huge thanks, ArtHam, for contacting Danny. I'm gonna learn Bobby's solo in Zero tolerance in the future and it's good to know about the 29 fret guitar that he used. :cool:

13. Thrashmaster

Thrashmaster Member

how did i not know about this? i have to look around this site more than the seven and gear pages. i ordered both the death book and the dying fetus book. 58$ shipped. there is another death tab book although its not as extevsive as this one it was put out by guitar world a few years ago t has Pull the plug, Philosopher, Crystal mountain, Flesh and the power it holds, Scavenger of human sorrow, Zombie ritual, Spiritual healing,and Together as one, transscriptions were done by guitar world staff that dies the rest of the songs they print each month and includes bass lines. i dont know if you can still order it or not from thier website.

14. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

your front yard, staring into your window
    Well, looks like Ormsby SX to the rescue! Also, HOW THE PHVCK DID I MISS THIS?!?! Immediately ordered. Thank you, OP.

15. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

I have the Dying Fetus guitar tab and it's freaking brutal on the forearms. I was working on that one song, Atrocious by Nature more than a few times and by the time I was done, it felt more like a workout for my forearms than a guitar practice session. :flex:

Also, you lucked out on getting the Dying fetus tab book when you did because I believe Relapse, according to their Ebay store, only have 2 copies left.

16. Fabxxxyyy

Fabxxxyyy SS.org Regular

Yeah... a bit late to the party I guess...
    Why this book is even out of print?
    And why I can't even buy a godd@mned pdf of it?
    Sorry.

17. Evil Chuck

Evil Chuck SS.org Regular

You son of a...

I didn't realize you necro'd this thread and thought this was coming out soon.

brector likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.