Dave Mustaine sold a bunch of his gear on Reverb. Then a d-bag flipper bought it all.

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by KnightBrolaire, Oct 29, 2019.

1. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

We should stage some kind of heist to intercept them before they get to him.

Wait a minute, I probably shouldn't have said that on here.

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I didn't want to make the thread title too vulgar for those browsing at work/school.

setsuna7 likes this.
  3. USMarine75

USMarine75 Plays Authentic ® Contributor

Jeff, is that you bro?

4. protest

protest SS.org Regular

That's what I was thinking, which makes it even more disgusting.

5. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Imagine being enough of a duck that everyone takes Dave Mustaine's side.

By the way, does anybody have the links to the original ads? I didn't see what was for sale or the prices.

6. _MonSTeR_

_MonSTeR_ SS.org Regular

I’m completely unsurprised that these ended up with a flipper, it’s a lowdown thing to do whilst Mustaine is raising money for medical bills, but in the days where the flipper can literally make money from a video where we watch just to see how much of a douche he is, why wouldn’t he buy and flip these???

He’ll do a reaction video to the SSO outrage soon, then an apology video, then still flip the guitars ;)

7. Boris_VTR

Boris_VTR SS.org Regular

Did Dave rally said that it is for medical bills? How bad must it be that musician with his legacy has to sell equipement for this reason?

8. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Jeff hannemann did the same thing.

Hollowway likes this.
  9. Descent

Descent SS.org Regular

Dave has done this several times before in similar fashion. Artist usually can do it when their endorsement deal runs out or when there's a clause in the endorsement deal, like health reasons which he might be using here to get rid of overly accumulated gear.

Having seen videos of Metallica, Dime, John 5 and other dude's guitar collections, I am sure he's got quite a few planks left. This dude most likely ended up with the bad or odd duck instruments that didn't jive with Dave anyway.

Vinnie was almost in Pantera? Hell no, Dave won't take such an obese sloppy drummer, that's why Dime and him didn't get along, he had to bring "Pinkie" with him to all the bands he was in.

10. fcv

fcv SS.org Regular

Just have to use the sold listings checkbox, and you end up here: https://reverb.com/shop/the-official-dave-mustaine-reverb-shop?show_only_sold=true

I did get a little laugh about wondering how that guy intends to flip dave's old d-link ethernet switch.

AxeHappy, Descent and StevenC like this.
  11. Rotatous

Rotatous SS.org Regular

God what a douchey move.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  12. Descent

Descent SS.org Regular

The switch that was used by Dave to send acerbic comments to his lawyers and Junior during the Mustaine/Ellefson trials. It also sparked the burst of creativity and rebith, a period of emails between Dave and henchmen also failing several times, it's error message "system failure" sparking the title "The System Has Failed" :)

13. OliOliver

OliOliver SS.org Regular

This guy is a joke. He talks about how his studio monitors cost £10k each, so believes monetary value means better recordings. He has like 10 artists on his studio's alumni page, none of which have any links to hear what his tracks even sound like. He's a scummy salesman. He's not honest, he's there to flip for profit, and judging by his setup and sheer lack of credentials, he probably is not a good recording/mixing engineer either, just thinks owning the right looking gear makes him one. EDIT: It seems like he has nothing to do with that aspect, just the business side of things.

I sincerely hope no one buys anything from this clown.

Sidenote: Check out his weird, awkward interviews of bands he's had in his studio. The videos are super unprofessional and have an odd, creepy vibe to them.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    setsuna7, oracles, XPT707FX and 3 others like this.
  14. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Only one of the comments supports this dickhead, and only because "hurr durr, free market, you commies." Trolling most likely, but still an idiot.

PunkBillCarson likes this.
  15. SDMFVan

SDMFVan SS.org Regular

Sort of related, but I've heard some rumors that Dave's endorsement with Dean ended and he's signing with Gibson. He had a similar sale when he went from Jackson to ESP, and then again when he went to Dean.

StevenC and Bentaycanada like this.
  16. sevenfoxes

sevenfoxes SS.org Regular

Well, technically/legally the guy didn't do anything "wrong". He just beat everyone else to the finish line. So yeah, the free market allows that.

The flipside is that if you aren't a thoughtful person, you become engulfed by greed and selfishness, which is exactly what happened here. At the end of the day, the dude's pocket will be fatter, but he has lost a great deal of respect for his tactless actions. It speaks volumes about his character.

A noble gesture would be to resell the guitars and donate the profit to Dave's medical expenses, not "I'm gonna put that money back into my studio, blah, blah, blah".

Btw, i still have no idea why Dave just didn't auction his gear. I think that would have resulted in a more balanced outcome.

Spinedriver likes this.
  17. Bentaycanada

Bentaycanada SS.org Regular

That would be sweet seeing some Mustaine Gibson models!

Necky379 and StevenC like this.
  18. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

I'm thinking he went the Reverb route because it's probably easier & less hassle. Conversely, if he did go the auction route ( Scott Ian had a gear auction a year or two ago) the same thing could have happened where 'Richie Rich' would've just outbid & driven the price up so high on everything, he would have ended up with them all anyway.

19. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Except that he is unlikely to recoup his money or do so 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 times over like this dickhead is likely to try doing. And yeah, "legally," he did nothing wrong, but ethically, he's a piece of garbage.

Probably because he was under the insane notion that fans would love to have these pieces of gear and fans should have the ability to get said gear. But instead, this useless fucking dildo decided, "Hey, I know, I'll buy them all and try to sell them for 4x the fucking price. What a great idea!"

AxeHappy and sevenfoxes like this.