Dave Mustaine sold a bunch of his gear on Reverb. Then a d-bag flipper bought it all.

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by KnightBrolaire, Oct 29, 2019.

1. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I always got the impression that Tagima was something like a Brazilian Rondo.

USMarine75 likes this.
  2. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

[​IMG]

3. Lukhas

Lukhas SS.org Regular

Hopefully a hand-built artist model would be somewhat playable. I find always quite a shame that a guitar ends up hung on a wall, but Kiko still deems it to be better than being locked in storage, so who am I to judge.

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I know that they were all hand made and high end at some point, but all I've seen in the last ten or fifteen years have been cheapo copies.

It's like LAG. All you really find now are the entry-level acoustics, outside of France.

USMarine75 likes this.
  5. Maple Hill Cabin Studio

Maple Hill Cabin Studio SS.org Regular

6. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

AxeHappy likes this.
  7. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I mean there's flipping for profit and there's delusional extra dimensional out of this world flipping. He didn't even wait long enough for the corpse to get cold. Hopefully nobody with more money than common sense is going to bite into this.

XPT707FX and Wolfhorsky like this.
  8. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

He's the Martin Shkreli of the guitar world.

Marty666 likes this.
  9. Emperoff

Emperoff Hasta la vista, Baby Contributor

That yellow CS Jackson B7 he's selling is at a reasonable price now, though.

10. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

There wasn't even a corpse. He's still alive and breathing. That's how soon it was. :lol:

Better than posting everything RIGHT after his death, though. Now its just a silly kinda greedy, rather than a narcissistic kind of greedy.

11. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin Special needs member

But don’t worry your purchase helps out musicians. His studio was forced to close because Covid 19. Take one for the team already and become the laughing stock of the guitar community, known as the tool who spent 25K on a Dean.

XPT707FX and c7spheres like this.
  12. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

I'm always extremely suspicious when he lists something at a reasonable price, given what he normally charges there must be something terrible wrong with it.

13. Emperoff

I don't think so. The guitar was running a 25% off sale. It's now back to its original price. The guy usually overprices things that he thinks can attract moneybags (collector stuff, signed or artist used guitars, etc). That B7 is just a regular "non-famous" Custom Shop so he can only say 1 OF 1 EVER MADE. VERY RARE (duh).

Now if it was made by Mike Shannon he'll probably be asking 6k for it. But at the 25% off sale it was very nicely priced (even more so for Europeans).

14. Chebax

Chebax SS.org Regular

Well, we all want to make good deals when we buy and sell instruments. And to a certain extent I think it’s ok if people want to make some small profit in the process.

But considering he bought this specific Korean Dean for $1100, listing it now for $25k is obscene.

He’ll probably end up selling it to a poor soul who’ll make an offer way lower than the asking price but still a multiple of the original $1100.

15. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Nah, the guitar is actually a USA custom.

Now if you wanna poke fun at price gouging an import guitar, poke fun at him reselling a $500 bass for $12,000

https://reverb.com/item/33484786-ra...t-bass-signed-signature-by-him-david-ellefson

narad, Chebax and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  16. Chebax

Chebax SS.org Regular

You’re right. Turns out there were two explorers with similar graphics, this is the US made one. But surprisingly both were sold for $1100.

17. LeftOurEyes

LeftOurEyes SS.org Regular

Eh, how I see it Mustaine and Ellefson can fuck off as much as this guy if what he says in that reverb bass listing is true.

"Dave mentioned in the Rolling Stone article that he would be happy to meet me and sign the entire collection"

"There is exclusive video footage of the signing at Wembley Arena that will be made available to the buyer. You can also see David Ellefson signing the bass at Wembley in the attached video."

So even after all the drama they are still happy to meet him and sign the stuff so that he can try and up charge for who knows how many more thousands. I thought Mustaine mentioned originally that he wanted the stuff going to fans, but signing this douches stuff after to me shows he only wanted cash in my opinion.

AxeHappy, Masoo2, XPT707FX and 2 others like this.
  18. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin Special needs member

Yeah, I thought he originally wasn’t pleased about it. But this turd probably fed him the BS line about the studio is for musicians who can’t afford studio time. Me jacking up the price is to really just help others! Promise I’m not a douche!

19. Emperoff

AxeHappy, Masoo2, LeftOurEyes and 4 others like this.
  20. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Essex Recording Studios can suck my dick after taking a sweaty, stomach flu induced dump. And for all we know, Essex Studios probably conned Dave and Jr, then is conning us. Wouldn't put it past him.

XPT707FX likes this.