Dang... EVH Wolfgang's went up in price...

gabito

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn, I think they went for 3000 or 3500 a few years ago and that still seemed pretty expensive to me.

I've recently checked used prices on Reverb and those are kind of expensive too.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Considering 50w Stealth EVH amps are almost $1,6K, I'm not too surprised. EVH (the brand) knows people are gonna give them money anyway.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hmmm… when I click it I get a EVH Wolfgang USA Eddie Van Halen sig in ivory at Musician’s Friend.

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
Fender is fucking smoking crack with their prices anymore.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Hmmm… when I click it I get a EVH Wolfgang USA Eddie Van Halen sig in ivory at Musician’s Friend.

Funnily enough, I tried opening the link on my PC - it works here and takes me to the EVH guitar, but when I click it on my phone it takes me the Guthrie sig. I think it might be something to do with Musiciansfriend - iirc, they refused to comply with EU data protection laws and blocked access to EU visitors to their page for a while. It used to bring up a splash page that basically said "Sorry, we don't intend to comply with EU GDPR so you can't view this site from your location". I guess that may be dealt with now, but perhaps some lingering issues remain.

And yes, that EVH prices are steep, but if the market will bear it. I remember looking at guitar prices before and after the financial crash in 2008. Before the crash, I bought a Japanese Prestige Ibanez K-7 for £850, reduced from £1100 in a sale. A real deal Jem7VWH would sell for £1699 in guitar shops at the time. After the crash, Ibanez and just about everyone else put their prices up by over 30%, more on some models. It was insane, but the market got used to it and kept buying, which just solidified the prices as being the new reality.

NeubyWanKaneuby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm glad I bought my USA models like 5-6 years ago.

With the crazy used prices, I'm almost tempted to try and sell them, but I like them too much.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Prices on everything has gone up this year, not just guitars. Fuel, food, materials, etc. Manufacturers are making adjustments to stay in business. But we can’t complain about it, the American people voted for this. It’s called democracy.

Shoeless_jose

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Prices on everything has gone up this year, not just guitars. Fuel, food, materials, etc. Manufacturers are making adjustments to stay in business. But we can’t complain about it, the American people voted for this. It’s called democracy.

Can we just leave politics out of global supply chain crunch resulting in worldwide inflation. Not everything has anything to do with the US President. Grow up

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not surprising really. Though i agree it is a bit high. But there are several custom guitars you can get for less than a lot of USA production line stuff. I was shocked when I saw a Schecter USA on Sweetwaters site for UNDER 2k.

AltecGreen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm buying more guitars from Japan. The price increases have been much more modest for the smaller Japanese domestic brands. Also the yen tanked against the dollar last week and the exchange rate is very favorable. A guitar I was looking at a month ago was maybe like $2500 and now closer to $2000.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Excellent theory! Now I know that somehow USA voters managed to cause inflation all over the world!

The current phenomenon of higher inflation rates than originally estimated is affecting the whole world, and the logistics costs have skyrocketed in no small part due to lockdowns in key distribution terminals. It's rather disingenuous to assume the price hikes wouldn't be higher this time around considering the increases in production and distribution costs.