Damage Control Demonizer questions

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by SnowfaLL, May 23, 2008.

1. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

I know some of you dudes used the Demonizer (I learned of it on this site).. But reading some other shit about it, it has two tubes, and can act as a preamp? Lemme see..

So, If I had lets say, my guitar going straight into the Demonizer, then into a Power amp like a Carvin DCM600 for example, running into a cab.. Would that be able to get a good decent sound? Or would I need another preamp in between the demonizer and the Power amp?

How about running my Pod X3, into the Demonizer, then into a SS poweramp, would that give my Pod abit of tube "warmth"???

How versitile is the Demonizer, can it do cleans decently?

Thanks.

2. LordOVchaoS

LordOVchaoS NUDE MAN! Forum MVP

It's not a distortion pedal, it is a preamp so yes you could run it into a power amp and get good tones.

3. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

hm. So does it do cleans and other tones other than heaviness awesome?

Think it'd be fine with a SS poweramp? I heard its sometimes better to have a SS poweramp, so it doesnt bend as much, and is more consistant and reliable, than a tube poweramp..

4. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

I have a Pod XTL and run it with a Tube Works MosValve power amp and it sounds great. Granted, it has been out of production for quite a while so you won't be able to buy one new but they still pop up on ebay quite often for less than $250.

It's fairly light, really loud and from what I've read are super reliable.

5. Zer0

Zer0 That Guy

Personally I would cut out the middle man and just do X3->TUBE poweramp. But thats just my opinion.

6. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

Hey Spine, im the dude from Moncton also (msged you on Locals awhile back about this)

I have it, but Im not really feeling the Mosvalve.. Just seems like something's missing. So im gonna sell it and pick up a Carvin TS100 hopefully. Thats the plan, anyways.

My main issue is actually playing with other guitarists running thru tubeamps anyways, I normally practice with my Pod X3 running into a 2x6 moniter at home, and it sounds great for practice/recording, but as soon as Im in the room with another guitarist.. its like Damn. cant cut thru, etc.

7. The Atomic Ass

The Atomic Ass Redefining Sound

If you were to run an SS poweramp, you'd have to have around 3x as much power as the tube amps your bandmates are using.