Daily Show destroys Fox news

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
I don't play into a paradigm. I have a grasp of reality, something lacking in many members here.

pump the brakes dude. Despite your "grasp" of reality, you can still better voice opinion with out name calling. Calling people idiots for an opposing view doesn't get you far in life.

RZKSpieler

Banned
Reaction score
pump the brakes dude. Despite your "grasp" of reality, you can still better voice opinion with out name calling. Calling people idiots for an opposing view doesn't get you far in life.

I called out an idiot, because he was being an idiot.

In the post you referenced, no name calling took place. I simply pointed out that most people live in a fantasy world, free of the binds of reality, and the responsibility that comes with it.

flint757

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"Devolved" nothing. Journalism has a long and sordid history of being full of shit and playing off of the public with sensationalism. The only thing that has changed is modern Journalism is competing for advertising dollars, while the journalism it "devolved" from was competing to sell newspapers.

Seriously, look up "Yellow journalism" sometime. Some of that shit is actually pretty hilarious.

I just checked a dictionary and devolved does not mean what I thought it did. :lol:

Learn something new every day. I know it has existed practically since the dawn of journalism, but either way I just want it to end. It's to the point where there is so much information (and misinformation) that it is getting extremely hard to weed out fact from fiction, facts from opinions, etc.

Sunyata

Bro Story Cool
Reaction score
Perfect examples of both sets of the aisle playing into the left right paradigm, and subsequently coming off as immature and un-professional.

Way to make the left and the right proud guys!

Why is there always this subtle condescending attitude that comes with being an "independent"? I would assume that someone with the intellectual prowess to be above the petty left-right spectrum, would also have the capacity to understand that not everything is equal.

After seeing those lunatics on Fox and their comments, how do you think it's reasonable for this RKSZiojihlssfi guy to deride Stewart over the Fox people? Or for someone to claim Fox is the bestest, most wonderfullest, news organization ever, and that everyone else sucks?

If criticizing willful ignorance, misinformation, hypocrisy and bigotry is playing to the left right paradigm then I can't see what the downside is.

I mean look at that RSZKsiuf guy's posts. I'm the idiot?

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
I called out an idiot, because he was being an idiot.

In the post you referenced, no name calling took place. I simply pointed out that most people live in a fantasy world, free of the binds of reality, and the responsibility that comes with it.

I didn't watch it. I just pointed out that Jon Stewart is a disgusting human being.

You're clearly an idiot, so I won't waste my time arguing with you.

looks like name calling to me man.

no mention of fantasy worlds either

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
People like you are the reason we can't have nice, serious discussions in the PCE sub-forum. Chill out, stop being disrespectful, and enjoy your stay at sevenstring.org. If you don't like it, leave.

Anyways, On Topic, I tend to stay out of politics, but at work, they play Fox news loud, all day, and I hate it. They are using the Boston bombings as an excuse to try and take the rights away from all Muslims living in the US, based on the actions of a few. :noplease:

RZKSpieler

Banned
Reaction score
looks like name calling to me man.

no mention of fantasy worlds either

That wasn't the post you referenced. Please stay with me here. If you're not going to pay attention, this discussion is going to be very difficult to continue.

Do you even read the posts you quote?

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
They are using the Boston bombings as an excuse to try and take the rights away from all Muslims living in the US, based on the actions of a few. :noplease:

can you please elaborate? I'd like to know more. I always assume after a tragedy that the gov. is going to usurp some rights from us, just wondering what they are doing now.

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
That wasn't the post you referenced. Please stay with me here. If you're not going to pat attention, this discussion is going to be very difficult to continue.

that is most certainly the post i referenced. I quoted that one specifically.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
can you please elaborate? I'd like to know more. I always assume after a tragedy that the gov. is going to usurp some rights from us, just wondering what they are doing now.

It was on "The Five" over the past few days. Sayings along the lines of "This is all about Jihad, which is the belief all Muslims share, centered around destroying America and raping women." Pisses me off.

And seriously, RZK, quit arguing with people, or you are probably going to end up getting banned. Everyone else, quit letting him get to you and ignore him. Either he will go away or keep going at it until the aforementioned banning happens. That's what I'm guessing anyway.

Reactions: mcd

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score

RZKSpieler

Banned
Reaction score
And seriously, RZK, quit arguing with people, or you are probably going to end up getting banned. Everyone else, quit letting him get to you and ignore him. Either he will go away or keep going at it until the aforementioned banning happens. That's what I'm guessing anyway.

I will quit arguing as soon as everyone quits being wrong.

Sunyata

Bro Story Cool
Reaction score
I will quit arguing as soon as everyone quits being wrong.

sWiS2.gif

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
It was on "The Five" over the past few days. Sayings along the lines of "This is all about Jihad, which is the belief all Muslims share, centered around destroying America and raping women." Pisses me off.

Now that's a 100% opinion show with both sides being presented (I assume Beckle was arguing against taking additional measures), but it's conservative view dominant 4sure. I'm quite certain all 5 people weren't saying all muslims are Jihadist, and I can't even imagine even one of them saying that.

It was likely more along the lines of;
We have an evergrowing problem of young muslims getting involved in radical extremist elements and jihadist groups.

Basically, if it's the hot story they and all the other networks are going to squeeze it for all it's worth. As long as they bring in the big dogs from both sides and those who are opposed to both sides, then they're doing their job. But I'm with you all the way on not wanting to hear a story/issue dwelled upon over the course of entire work days, that would drive me to finding a new job (fox or any other :lol:).