Current BC Rich Thread

Metal-Box

"Guitarist"
Reaction score
I’ve spoken to the CEO on the phone recently and he really cares about the brand. I was surprised he took the time to talk to me. There are a lot of issues they are working out and I think they will eventually come out on top. The timing of the global pandemic didn’t help anyone.

Damon67

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For everyone who's placed pre-orders on the Ironbirds and Stealths, and other misc. things, most everything's that been announced should be out by February, along with a Buch of things you haven't heard about yet. Next year will be their biggest year yet (since relaunch) according to what I'm hearing. I already have some things, but can't show 'em till the new year. I think BC Rich fans are going to be very happy next year... unless you're a lefty. It'll be a while before an more lefties come out.

I will say I currently have an example of an Evertune 7 and 8 here, both Shredzillas. We will see some other 7s in different shapes this coming year, so... that makes me very happy too.

ste vla jang

Guitar enthusiat from Build,Play & Composing it.
Reaction score
Hit up a custom shop dealer and let us know what they quote you

Not seeing much of Beast carved top..

that GMW custom,but lee wont build any BC rich Model anymore..
The Custom Shop Iron bird flat top erik Rutan $ 7K ,cant imagine how beast will cost.
maybe ill CNC those..

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For everyone who's placed pre-orders on the Ironbirds and Stealths, and other misc. things, most everything's that been announced should be out by February, along with a Buch of things you haven't heard about yet. Next year will be their biggest year yet (since relaunch) according to what I'm hearing. I already have some things, but can't show 'em till the new year. I think BC Rich fans are going to be very happy next year... unless you're a lefty. It'll be a while before an more lefties come out.

I will say I currently have an example of an Evertune 7 and 8 here, both Shredzillas. We will see some other 7s in different shapes this coming year, so... that makes me very happy too.

Honestly dude I'd love to see new things coming out and getting into people's hands but it's been months since I've seen their stuff back in stock. The quality was just getting better and then they dipped on the Prophecy II series and then things just stopped appearing. If there's more pointy 7s in production I'd be first in line even though I don't have the cash but I don't want to buy a thing from my favorite company given their track record in the past 3 years.

Also disclaimer, every modern BCR I've played has been sheer perfection even if they were left to rot in Guitar Center. I love my stealth 7 and it's the guitar that fits my hands perfectly, and I've been a dedicated BCR fan boy for years now. I just wanna see a creative and fun company delivering on some very exciting promises.

ADADAD

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

All I want is a Chuck sig. Just one Chuck sig. And they won't give it to me.

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Can’t wait for my Mk1 Kahler Ironbird

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

I will say I currently have an example of an Evertune 7 and 8 here, both Shredzillas. We will see some other 7s in different shapes this coming year, so... that makes me very happy to
There was talk a couple of years ago about a Shredzilla 8 with Floyd but in a plainer style then the current one (i.e. sans abalone). Any idea if that's still likely to happen?

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yo, can I get a Stealth with a Kahler?!
From the custom shop? Absolutely. @Damon67 showed a couple Kahler’d Stealths that have since sold in this thread.

Production model-wise, the Mk1 Ironbird is the only one I know of offered with a Kahler, and no one’s gotten their hands on one yet. I’ve had my preorder in for almost a year.

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh damn. White Prophecy 2 birds have never been shown on the official site

EDIT: BCR’s reply is _slightly_ disingenuous. Yes, at least one guitar has been made of every model shown on the website. And yes, BC Rich guitars are being made, sent to dealers, and selling very quickly. But a significant number of models have not shown up anywhere, particularly Ironbirds other than the Extreme series. Because the guy was complaining particularly about Ironbirds, it’s likely he’s looking for a Prophecy 2, Erik Rutan import, or Mk1. Of those, I’ve only heard of actual customers getting their hands on Prophecy 2s, but only in orange or green, and there aren’t a lot of them out there.

Last edited:

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
I call foul on BC Rich. I’ve searched for a new Chuck Schuldiner sig since they announced it nothing ever popped up except for the Custom Shop version. I don’t believe anything other than Shredzillas have made it to stores. I know the shipping container issue was a thing but is it still?

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I call foul on BC Rich. I’ve searched for a new Chuck Schuldiner sig since they announced it nothing ever popped up except for the Custom Shop version. I don’t believe anything other than Shredzillas have made it to stores. I know the shipping container issue was a thing but is it still?
I don’t know about the import Chuck sig, but some Legacy series Stealths definitely made it to dealers. And I’ve personally seen new Warlocks and Mockingbirds on the rack in a store.

As for what the actual issue is, there’s no one great answer from what I understand. It might be worth pointing out that all BC Rich production models are made by factories that BC Rich doesn’t control (custom shop stuff is different). The launch of the US made Gunslinger and ST seems to have gone fairly smoothly, as did the limited run of Indian-made Stranger Things Warlocks. The stuff people are waiting on is made in Indonesia and Korea, at factories that are under contract with multiple guitar manufacturers. BC Rich is not their biggest customer. So it’s quite possible that the factories are just refusing to work on the new product launches, since they have enough volume of existing product to keep all the workers busy. In addition, since the older model lines (Extreme series for instance) are still shipping, and prototypes have been made and signed off, that puts BCR in a tough spot. I’ve heard BCR is still unrelenting on QC as well, to the extent that entire batches of certain models were rejected and sent back to the factory. This is a bit of a double-edged sword. Dealers and customers won’t get poorly made guitars, but the factory will also need to put more labor and/or more expensive labor into making those guitars meet the QC standard.

This is all speculation on my part. I thankfully don’t NEED the guitar, as I’m a hobbyist, so I’m happy to keep waiting on my Mk1 Ironbird preorder (which has been in since January) virtually forever. Though I’m also watching used listings. An 85 Rhoads popped up for the right price that ended my Jackson browsing. The same could happen with an Ironbird.