Current BC Rich Thread

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
One thing though. Whether anyone buys that hunk of junk or not - both the show and the custom guitar have people talking about the brand again
A lot of us have been talking about the brand. The demand is there, particularly for some of the products that cater to their old school fans, e.g. the legacy series. The Stranger Things guitars are nice tie-ins and collector pieces, but, if people start looking at the other options, and see nothing is available, they’re just going to move on and buy a Jackson, Charvel, Kramer, etc. if they’re wanting an 80s flavored guitar and not wanting to wait 6+ months for it.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A lot of us have been talking about the brand. The demand is there, particularly for some of the products that cater to their old school fans, e.g. the legacy series. The Stranger Things guitars are nice tie-ins and collector pieces, but, if people start looking at the other options, and see nothing is available, they’re just going to move on and buy a Jackson, Charvel, Kramer, etc. if they’re wanting an 80s flavored guitar and not wanting to wait 6+ months for it.

I mean, I'm a big Stranger Things fan and loved Eddie, but I don't care that it's a Stranger Things guitar, I just want a crackle Warlock.

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean, I'm a big Stranger Things fan and loved Eddie, but I don't care that it's a Stranger Things guitar, I just want a crackle Warlock.
Yeah, it’s definitely cool. It’s just a very odd product outside of the Stranger Things tie in. Like, they could do the same thing, but as a higher spec, e.g. neck thru, ebony board, diamond inlays, etc, and sell it for twice as much (import model, not custom shop lol), and people would jump all over it.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just waiting for that Dreadful Gooz YouTube guy to throw his candy orange Prophecy Ironbird for sale as a 1 of 1 ltd edition :D
Was that really the only one that made it out into the wild?

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just waiting for that Dreadful Gooz YouTube guy to throw his candy orange Prophecy Ironbird for sale as a 1 of 1 ltd edition :D
Was that really the only one that made it out into the wild?
Nah I’ve seen a few of those on reverb. My understanding is that most of the run had serious QC issues, so only a small number ever got shipped out

electriceye

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I also don’t think they ever offered a red crackle finish with a matte black neck in the 80s NJ series. I bet those 100 will have some collector value. The 100 plain jane black with maple neck custom shop ones? Yeah that’s a very hard sell.

There are almost certainly other differences besides the bridge and the pickups though. I’m sure the custom shop ones actually have decent pots, better tuners, a nicer finish application, actual Jescar fretwire vs whatever cheap junk they can find, a prettier slab of rosewood for the board, etc. You’re certainly paying dearly for it, but it should noticeably be a cut above the import model (at over 5x the cost, it should be though)

No, they've never had a matte black neck on any models. And, as for the rest of the parts, that amounts to, maybe, an extra $100. Even the best pots are cheap. Same with fret wire.

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No, they've never had a matte black neck on any models. And, as for the rest of the parts, that amounts to, maybe, an extra $100. Even the best pots are cheap. Same with fret wire.
I guess the real question is like, as a builder, who I’m guessing sells directly, what would you charge to make the red crackle Stranger Things custom shop warlock? Now add a markup for BC Rich. Then add a dealer markup. $4600 might be high, but it’s not really astronomical for MAP on a custom shop guitar.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
If GC left the Kahler bar in there some knob would steal it within the hour.

True, but don't worry, the guitar center employees have already lost it in the backroom somewhere anyways.

One thing though. Whether anyone buys that hunk of junk or not - both the show and the custom guitar have people talking about the brand again

Man, people really don't seem to like this guitar? I'm a big fan of it. This guys post beneath this one sum it up for me pretty well.

jonsick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Interesting. Andertons here in the UK (one of the more well known shops given their YouTube presence) has just started to list BC Rich. Due dates on the Stranger Things warlocks seem to be end of July along with a few other models and others are around the 3 month mark. I'm not sure if 3 months is just their maximum time frame on their IT Systems, or if that's an actual prediction for stock delivery. But interesting given the lack of stock everywhere that Andertons have just started offering them for sale.

So I take it that either they are unaware of the overall lack of stock attainable by almost anyone which seems unlikely, Andertons are generally quite a clued up company. Either that or BC Rich are in danger of having sorted their supply chain out. I guess we'll wait and see.

I was interested in a ST Warlock but the cheap tremolo puts me off. £950 is too much for that, but let's be real. Comparing to other manufacturers who have rocked their prices up massively, there's not too much difference on the price. I bought a Schecter Banshee about a year ago, think that came in around £900. And yep, the FR Special on that was total junk too. I had to replace it with an OFR and do a good amount of other work too, such as levelling frets and sorting the electronics out. I wouldn't call throwing an extra £500 odd into a £900 guitar good either (FR and if I paid a tech to do the fretwork), but it very much does seem to be the norm today. The days of a good basic instrument for the £500 mark are totally gone. So while I may squirm at the £950 price tag for the ST Warlock, the price point doesn't appear to be at all very much different to other brands offering the same quality at the same price point. And it's less quality for more money across the board.

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Interesting. Andertons here in the UK (one of the more well known shops given their YouTube presence) has just started to list BC Rich. Due dates on the Stranger Things warlocks seem to be end of July along with a few other models and others are around the 3 month mark. I'm not sure if 3 months is just their maximum time frame on their IT Systems, or if that's an actual prediction for stock delivery. But interesting given the lack of stock everywhere that Andertons have just started offering them for sale.

So I take it that either they are unaware of the overall lack of stock attainable by almost anyone which seems unlikely, Andertons are generally quite a clued up company. Either that or BC Rich are in danger of having sorted their supply chain out. I guess we'll wait and see.
It was a similar situation with the Ironbird MK2, they had them advertised with a 3-4 month due date and then they were suddenly "Out of stock" with special order (not sure if they ever had one in stock ever and just sold immediately) and then it just disappeared. Hopefully this will not be the case for these too but I saw the same thing with some of the new LTD's advertised in Andertons and other shops that sell online like PMT, GAK and guitatguitar. They had a generous time frame for being in stock and now their suddenly out of stock.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
True, but don't worry, the guitar center employees have already lost it in the backroom somewhere anyways.

Man, people really don't seem to like this guitar? I'm a big fan of it. This guys post beneath this one sum it up for me pretty well.
You either love or hate bc rich style. I just don't like them. If that's your thing though more power to you. Who am I to hate on someone else's choice

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It was a similar situation with the Ironbird MK2, they had them advertised with a 3-4 month due date and then they were suddenly "Out of stock" with special order (not sure if they ever had one in stock ever and just sold immediately) and then it just disappeared. Hopefully this will not be the case for these too but I saw the same thing with some of the new LTD's advertised in Andertons and other shops that sell online like PMT, GAK and guitatguitar. They had a generous time frame for being in stock and now their suddenly out of stock.
Have you tried calling in about it? I’m always curious to know what BCR communicates to its dealers as far as availability.

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have you tried calling in about it? I’m always curious to know what BCR communicates to its dealers as far as availability.
I didn't to tell you the truth, I was somewhat interested on either the MK2 Ironbirds then and the LTD EX-7 currently but not to the point of calling and asking for more details.
Even though I know the LTD will most likely be good in terms of quality, fit and finish, I'd probably need to make some space before getting something new in.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Sorry not current BC rich but didn't want to make new thread, found this guy at my local shop, didn't know Kahler made a Floyd replacement? Or am I not correct?

Screenshot_20220719-210704_Reverb.jpg

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, Kahler made a ton of fulcrum style bridges of various quality and utility over the years.

The "Traditional", "Spyder", "Killer", and "Steeler" models specifically.

The one pictured is a Steeler (2760), which is the closest to the typical Floyd.