Current BC Rich Thread

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been spamming the hell out of the show and there is zero warlock coverage outside of the first episode so far but I can def see the setup

considering getting one tbh they look sick and if they'll be in stock soon and not in dev hell like the ironbirds

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been spamming the hell out of the show and there is zero warlock coverage outside of the first episode so far but I can def see the setup

considering getting one tbh they look sick and if they'll be in stock soon and not in dev hell like the ironbirds
Keep us looped in if you get one. Particularly curious on further details for the $900 model.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Bitchin' Sause's "Heat" flavor has accompanying artwork on their website, and I have to say...they did a commendable job with the overall shape and proportion, which is often lost on cartoon guitars. They even got the asymetrical lines of the cutaway behind the bridge pretty right. Screenshot_20220527-210205_Samsung Internet.jpg

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
Somehow it completely glossed over me that the kahler one was a custom shop version, thought they were both imports at 899. Kinda weird to make a custom shop version of an import even if the import ones punched above their weight class.

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Somehow it completely glossed over me that the kahler one was a custom shop version, thought they were both imports at 899. Kinda weird to make a custom shop version of an import even if the import ones punched above their weight class.
I’m wondering about the neck plates numbered 1-200. There’s no way they made 200 of the custom shop ones. And only making 200 of the import ones would almost guarantee they sell out instantly.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
They made a few interesting changes to the base nj series specs for the "replicas".

The addition of the fr nut on the custom shop version over a kahler string lock is a welcome one. The originals came with kahler flyers which are obviously not available anymore and the 2300 is a massive upgrade and not a mod you want to do on the originals without a drill press as the top two mounting holes are different. (ask my right wrist how I know). They switched the fingerboard to ebony from rosewood which is alright. even though the originals had some nice rosewood. Mine is a very nice tight grained example with a lot of reddish streaks throughout that look pretty nice when properly maintained. The neck on mine is a medium c shape not the ultra slim shredzilla style on these. The radius on the originals was 12 instead of 14. Not a big difference but it's worth noting. They contoured the neck joint on this one so that's another difference.
Its an altogether different guitar than if you bought an original example which isn't necessarily bad as it's catered to modern audiences while having a vintage look.

That being said you won't be getting an accurate representation of the full 80s nj series experience, just the visual idea of it. So less replica and more a metaphor for the surface level only throwbacks that are popular right now.

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They made a few interesting changes to the base nj series specs for the "replicas".

The addition of the fr nut on the custom shop version over a kahler string lock is a welcome one. The originals came with kahler flyers which are obviously not available anymore and the 2300 is a massive upgrade and not a mod you want to do on the originals without a drill press as the top two mounting holes are different. (ask my right wrist how I know). They switched the fingerboard to ebony from rosewood which is alright. even though the originals had some nice rosewood. Mine is a very nice tight grained example with a lot of reddish streaks throughout that look pretty nice when properly maintained. The neck on mine is a medium c shape not the ultra slim shredzilla style on these. The radius on the originals was 12 instead of 14. Not a big difference but it's worth noting. They contoured the neck joint on this one so that's another difference.
Its an altogether different guitar than if you bought an original example which isn't necessarily bad as it's catered to modern audiences while having a vintage look.

That being said you won't be getting an accurate representation of the full 80s nj series experience, just the visual idea of it. So less replica and more a metaphor for the surface level only throwbacks that are popular right now.
My experience with the “ultra slim” shredzilla is that it’s far from an Ibanez Wizard. There’s still a good bit of meat on them

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The site now says shipping late June 2022 for both the custom shop and import versions.

xzacx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
considering they can't even get stuff from 2 years ago in consistent stock somehow I don't believe them
I kind of agree but I think it’s believable in the sense that a big corporate partnership like this came up and and moved to the front of the line, pushing everything else back. The consequences of being late on these seem like they would be much bigger.