Current BC Rich Thread

TornAnus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They discontinued the propechy line I just read. One run of guitars full of QC issues and that's it.

TornAnus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know if I would be inclined to completely trust info originating in that group. There's some good folks there, sure, but by God there are some busted-ass, coked-up Boomer dipshits of the highest order as well.
I agree with you but the source was a guy who had an order in and thomann canceled order and said discontinued according to bc rich. Bill Xavier keeps blowing smoke up everyone's ass making excuses. When I see these guitars actually at dealers ready to ship I will believe it.

jonsick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would tend to agree. I don't think the Prophecy line has been discontinued by BC Rich themselves, rather European dealers de-cataloguing them as they are proving near impossible to get shipped.

I had an order in for a Prophecy warlock that kept getting pushed back which was on order for about 9 months until Thomann too decided that they couldn't get any assurances on ETA so wanted to cancel the order. It's fair enough I get it.

The entire guitar world however is experiencing supply chain issues. BC Rich are in effect a brand new company which has had to create its supply chain pretty much from scratch. It is not like Fender for example who also own Jackson and could create a supply chain whereby some of the Pro series could be made in Mexico and engage in the same supply chain as the MIM Fenders. That's just the closest example I can think of at the second. BC Rich does not have a supply chain that it can piggy back onto.

Given that, BC Rich are not the only ones with a shortage. I had to wait 10 months for an E-II M-II in see thru black which I was initially told would be 8-12 weeks. So I fully believe that as supply issues are kicking everyone's butt, the newer companies and lower down people are getting the worst of it.

I work in fields separate to guitars, but even we are feeling supply issues. Not only has container cost skyrocketed, due to supply issues downstream of us we are seeing higher failure rates, poorly made SUKs that don't pass QC and a lot of component level parts that are just too low quality for what we need.

I'm guessing given that someone else cited QC issues too, BC Rich are doing the same as almost any industry. That is asking, can we get away with shipping that out and letting warranty handle any issues? Can we make one good one from three bad ones? How much pre-distribution work needs to be done on a container's worth before we decline the whole shipment?

None of it is easy and as a result everyone's feeling the pinch. The shortage in guitars, parts, etc that we are seeing is just all that stuff rolling uphill and we as the consumers are finally seeing it.

Another case in point, I bought a pack of basil leaves recently from a supermarket. I opened them that night to find every single one of them were rotten. I opened the pack of sage and same thing.

I went back to the store to see a bunch of people returning or complaining about the same. I've also noticed the quality of my tea bags has declined (the amount of bags that split open as soon as you pour the water in has dramatically increased) and the shower curtain rail that I just paid £129 for came with two mounting clips missing and the rail itself wouldn't fit into one of the receptacles on the clip that was supplied.

Things cost more and are lower quality. We are just seeing it tenfold now.

Or maybe I'm just talking guff, or getting near political, or maybe nobody really wants to hear about a bag of rotten basil.

To me the simplest way to answer is if you want something, order it. If it shows up, awesome. If it shows up bad, return it.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The responses & comments I've seen on Instagram & Facebook are simply tearing them to shreds for the non delivery of all the 2021 guitars.

Willing to bet they start deleting those shortly. It’s unfortunate timing for everyone involved. I can’t imagine waiting on a production model and not seeing it 1.5+ years out. Same reason I’m not expecting any cool Ibby’s/ESP’s until next year too.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I played one of the newer Ironbird Extreme the other day, actually was suuuuuuper cool instrument, and felt very very quality. Bums me out that the company behind it is such shit right now.