Current BC Rich Thread

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
I'm eyeing up a brand new (apparently) Shredzilla in the UK at like £500 off the asking price. Don't like the colour, has the OTT abalone as well BUT wouldn't mind trying one out cos they do have decent spec and it has Fishman Moderns which I've never had the pleasure....any use or all hype guys?

Dumple Stilzkin

I like the girls with the pumps and a bump.
Reaction score
I'm eyeing up a brand new (apparently) Shredzilla in the UK at like £500 off the asking price. Don't like the colour, has the OTT abalone as well BUT wouldn't mind trying one out cos they do have decent spec and it has Fishman Moderns which I've never had the pleasure....any use or all hype guys?
I only have one experience with Moderns, I tried them on a 5150III combo and with an import Jackson that had them stock. They were decent for sure, but. I think EMG’s do it better and are overall a better sound to my ears. The moderns had some weird EQ inherent to them that wasn’t my cup of tea. I think they’re overhyped. Give me my EMG’s.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
I only have one experience with Moderns, I tried them on a 5150III combo and with an import Jackson that had them stock. They were decent for sure, but. I think EMG’s do it better and are overall a better sound to my ears. The moderns had some weird EQ inherent to them that wasn’t my cup of tea. I think they’re overhyped. Give me my EMG’s.

Cool! Thanks for the heads up. I like higher output pups so it sounds like these won't cut it.

KnightBrolaire

OnlyPointies™
Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for the heads up. I like higher output pups so it sounds like these won't cut it.
moderns are high output tho. They slam the front end more than EMGs ime, and voice 1 is like a clearer, tighter emg 81. In the right guitar they're pretty good imo.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Off topic but I didn't realize Pat switched to Fluences. Probably why Erik and now Rob uses them now.

Pretty damn cool they were able to save all of his guitars though.

Also shitty headstock aside, I loved the Matt Tuck V.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Off topic but I didn't realize Pat switched to Fluences. Probably why Erik and now Rob uses them now.

I don’t. I think it looks horrible. His Jacksons looked spectacular. These look hideous.

Reaction score

Yeah that headstock was a super weird choice and I don't know why they thought people would want it

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I really hope Pat is doing better. From what I read when shit went South it seemed like dude was having a really, really bad time. Really hope he's getting good help and getting better.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really hope Pat is doing better. From what I read when shit went South it seemed like dude was having a really, really bad time. Really hope he's getting good help and getting better.

For anyone interested, he was sentenced to five years probation, random blood alcohol and drug tests, and has to see a mental health professional regularly. He also had to pay something like $30k in fines and restitution.

There have been sightings of him by fans "in the wild" at bars, restaurants, the street, etc. and most folks report he's been pretty normal, quiet, nice, friendly.

I really hope he's able to get back to music at some point. He's been one of my biggest influences.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
For anyone interested, he was sentenced to five years probation, random blood alcohol and drug tests, and has to see a mental health professional regularly. He also had to pay something like $30k in fines and restitution.

There have been sightings of him by fans "in the wild" at bars, restaurants, the street, etc. and most folks report he's been pretty normal, quiet, nice, friendly.

I really hope he's able to get back to music at some point. He's been one of my biggest influences.

“subject to random blood alcohol tests”

“seen in bars, etc”

should go down well

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“subject to random blood alcohol tests”

“seen in bars, etc”

should go down well

I've been sober for years, but used to (pre-pandemic) go to bars from time to time with groups of friends and family.

No one cares what you drink. Just have fun.

For what it's worth, sobriety is part of Pat's probation terms, which are sort of "one size fits most", and it hasn't been disclosed if drugs or alcohol played a part in the craziness that night. Reports were that he passed both a breathalyzer and preliminary drug screening, at least for anything illicit.

pahulkster

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. I watch the Granville youtube channel but never go on Facebook.

On the subject of death metal BC Rich guitars, this one is killer.