Current BC Rich Thread

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Not sure that that the current situation helps then in any way. Every brands have had their production delayed. I've seen maybe 1 or 2 jackson only friedman mirror pop in europe, the Gibson mustaine are not released yet, some models/parts have a delay of 18 weeks and 2021 is over in a few weeks....
It's a bit the same everywhere....
i was expecting they'd release that metallic purple gunslinger as an import soon ;)

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So this whole relaunch of BCR has been an L, right? Are they done for?

Pretty much. They keep hyping new models but haven't delivered on guitars from a year ago.

BCR most likely got really screwed by the supply chain issues, since they aren't as big as other brands these days. I imagine they aren't getting as much floor space as other companies.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
The longer this pandemic drags on, the more likely we will see more small brands like BCR cave in on themselves. As a BCR enthusiast, I'm not even all that stoked to see the brand relaunch full of abalone and crazy burls. What few seem to be out there are getting mediocre reviews. Maybe when the pandemic is over in 2062 or whatever, the brand can relaunch for ultranostalgic kids, similar to how Danelectro relaunched in the late 90's.

gunch

Riff Chugman
Reaction score
The longer this pandemic drags on, the more likely we will see more small brands like BCR cave in on themselves. As a BCR enthusiast, I'm not even all that stoked to see the brand relaunch full of abalone and crazy burls. What few seem to be out there are getting mediocre reviews. Maybe when the pandemic is over in 2062 or whatever, the brand can relaunch for ultranostalgic kids, similar to how Danelectro relaunched in the late 90's.

Unfortunate.

Wanted them to succeed so we could see some new Beasts or Eagles

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They've been posting photos of abalone-less Shredzillas lately on IG, but they are never clear on when items are coming from the US custom shops, or are a part of the import line ....heck, or even if it's just a 25-year-old guitar they just happen to be showing again. Supposedly Gunsllingers are actually being mass-produced in the US rather than depending on the international supply chain.

Posted just an hour ago:
upload_2021-12-13_14-2-0.png

This one says "legacy series"...is that a part of the import line?
upload_2021-12-13_14-2-15.png
upload_2021-12-13_14-2-34.png

This one says "Prophecy", and that was import...right?
upload_2021-12-13_14-4-19.png

"Prophecy 2022"
upload_2021-12-13_14-6-55.png
upload_2021-12-13_14-7-11.png

jonsick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love that Ironbird. But I'm just not a Kahler fan. It's not that there's anything wrong with them but as I started with Floyd Rose bridges and having had a few Kahlers, I just know what I prefer. But hey, others like it so fair dues.

I get the impression that UK stock seems to appearing again. Could be a good sign of the times?

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
cease with the silly 6 string standard shapes

return to 2014 stealth 7 NT

give me a good reason to buy another guitar after the absolute fucking dud that was my other BCR 7

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
When I heard Harpoon headstock I was expecting this massive hunka wood

wemlkm93gxbongucekd1.jpg

But nah, it looks like they went with a sleeker looking one. I dig it more tbh.

Reaction score
I've seen nothing but good reviews. Has there been a lot of negative stuff about the new models?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I’m personally hoping for a Shredzilla 8 with Floyd in a non-abalone finish. I almost bought one of the current models when they came out, but heard of the more spartan release under development, and decided to wait.