Current BC Rich Thread

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by electriceye, Jan 18, 2018.

1. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

It's a pearl/metallic. I don't know why, but they sometimes photograph like that, especially reds which cameras/displays have a hard time capturing accurately.

This is even a studio shot, and it's also a. It blotchy. It's a Suhr.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    High Plains Drifter likes this.
  2. manu80

manu80 Jackson for life !

3. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

The Ironbird extremes where quite expensive but I don't remember the first batch being that expensive. I think the few Ironbirds that were sold in the UK where around the £1400 mark which with currency conversion would be about €1550? Still expensive but not €1700 expensive. And what is the deal with the price of those cases? €398 for what seems a multiply case? What are they huffing at BC Rich and Thomann?

Anyway this is used Jackson USA and ESP money. Hell even ESP E-II new money in some cases.

EDIT: I'm curious to see the single hum Irobird prices as they're supposed to be cheaper with less bells and whistles.

4. manu80

Im just afraid about the prices going up then for mex jap or usa guitar....

5. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

My thoughts exactly.

6. manu80

Fender already did
    Prices on broderick usa took 2000 euros in 2/3 yrs...
    import jackson are between 1300/1990 euros range...

7. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

I like the Ironbird shape and Korean guitars are really good. I just don't know if my conscience could handle giving BCR that much money now that I know who the new owners are. What if they use those profits to get more tattoos and energy drinks and yellow snake flags and make more bad music?

8. manu80

It’s a bit cocky to come back on the market with such prices
    Still it’s better than 400 euros plywood guitars for sure but a range in between 800/1200 euros would have been maybe better, to start and then do a prestige line maybe once quality/price and good reviews are in.

9. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

Still…...No Eagle......

vilk and Ataraxia2320 like this.
  10. JustinRhoads1980

JustinRhoads1980 Jackson Elitist

Honestly for the price they are charging for these guitars they simply aren't worth it when compared to their competitors. Now I am talking USD prices here but $1600 for a Shredzilla compared to a Schecter SLS Elite C-1 FR that is $1259, keep in mind both are made by WMI yet the schecter has stainless steel frets, more pieces in the multi laminate neck, and a better trem (1500 series vs 1000) and a thumb wheel truss rod adjustment and it is roughly $350 cheaper compared to the Shredzilla which doesn't have those specs. Personally I can't see why the prices are set this high. I doubt the costs are that much more expensive to produce a BC (could be wrong), but I personally think they are trying to squeeze further margins from their guitars.

11. Aliascent

Aliascent SS.org Regular

I doubt that Bc Rich has the same volume as Schecter does, so this may explain that.
    For what it's worth, I've seen Schecter gain in popularity in the last decade, to the point I can find them in small stores. I don't think they're as present as Ibanez, but still.

12. Viginez

Viginez SS.org Regular

maybe some people just like to have a bc rich and don't care about schecters

Rosal76 and manu80 like this.
  13. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

^This!
    They are great value guitars imo but Schecter never made a model wich made me think "damn, I want one!"

Also, as stated before, there could be a new price increase coming for Schecter as well?
    Bear in mind that at some point in the future, Korean made guitars might have the same (or almost) price tag as Japanese made guitars.

manu80 likes this.
  14. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I understand that prices will go up for guitars and it makes sense with rising manufacturing costs. The problem is thye try to keep the prices the same for as long as possible and then there's a huge price increase all of a sudden. I think the Jackson US especially has to do to going to the Custom select model which I don't think was a particularly smart move. I mean having all US guitars being built by the custom shop is mind boggling as it raises the cost of the instrument and I don't see any improvement in manufacturing of the guitars unless someone that has a custom select and a production USA can comment on that.

However I'd prefer a more incremental raise in price per year.

EDIT: The NJ deluxe series that had really great specs and where good guitars for the money were about 800-900 Euros when they were out in 2010, if I remember correctly. If the less fancy BC Rich line is about the 1000-1100 mark it's not unreasonable.

JustinRhoads1980 likes this.
  15. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Okay so no more USA made production models?

Indeed, I had an NJ deluxe warbeast. IIRC it was around 700€. Prices for a similar model have doubled though.

16. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Right now, the closest thing to production that Jackson USA has are batches of fixed spec artist signature models.

Everything else are "Select" which are semi-customs.

Retailers can still order plain black SL1s, but that's just because they're boring, they're still Selects.

17. JustinRhoads1980

I can see that totally being a valid point. With economies of scale applied, with schecter making mass amounts of guitars I am sure their costs are a lot less compared to B.C. Rich.

Yea that's why I got it since I wanted a B.C. Rich. And guess what mine has flaws on it QC wise that none of my schecters have. I am bringing up a valid point when it comes to pricing, but I don't think that got through to you.

18. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

The prices went to 700€ about in the end and depended on the shop. The JrV I was interested in, initially was at 900€ but at the end you could find them at 750€. I got mine with a case from the US new for about 750€.

The problem is that my salary hasn't doubled these last few years we've seen these increases lol. Again I understand the rising costs of businesses but they also have to account for what consumers can afford. If they're targeting the mid tier affordable category and prices start to close the gap with high level instruments no amount of bling is going to persuade me to buy a guitar like that new.

I'm waiting on their less flashy to see where they stand price wise. I haven't given up on the one hum Ironbirds as they look awesome but I'm waiting to see if they're worth the price.

@JustinRhoads1980 did you get a case with the Shredzillas or just the guitar?

19. JustinRhoads1980

Just the guitar. No case or gig bag. No additional goodies were provided

20. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Damn for what these are going for a case would be nice! What you have to spend two grand now to get a guitar with a case for crying out loud?