Current BC Rich Thread

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by electriceye, Jan 18, 2018.

1. CrushingAnvil

CrushingAnvil Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land

That hairdresser guy?

josh1, XPT707FX and Hollowway like this.
  2. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Hey, don’t even joke about that. You don’t mess with the Zoltan.

3. JustinRhoads1980

JustinRhoads1980 Jackson Elitist

Fuck Zoltan and fuck FFDP

josh1, JimF and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  4. Spicypickles

Spicypickles Sweeps & Mops

0B3A3F67-F082-404E-867E-77A1161D7347.jpeg

5. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Spaced Out Ace and sirbuh like this.
  6. Carl Kolchak

Carl Kolchak Last of the famous international playboys

Am pretty much throwing in the towel on this incarnation of BCR at this point. I don't know who they're aiming at marketing-wise, but it sure as hell ain't me with Reanimator green super Strats.

Rev2010 and JustinRhoads1980 like this.
  7. JustinRhoads1980

agreed. Their business model doesn't make much sense in terms of their intended audience

8. Spicypickles

It’s not that big a deal, IMO. Very cool to have a varied clientele.

9. Carl Kolchak

Well what is BCR other than Warlocks, Biches, and Mockingbirds? Those are the iconic shapes that define the brand. Why they seem so intent on pushing these Shredzillas in an already over saturated SS market is beyond me. Also, these LSD-induced tops/paintjobs?

Sure, I get it, this is the "new" BCR, but I sort of think they're about 40 years too late marketing to the LA hairband metal crowd.

10. JustinRhoads1980

I just want a simple ironbird and stealth with a Floyd rose and a 25.5" scale. But seeing as how they are conducting shit now that won't happen

11. Carl Kolchak

Worst case scenario, you could just get a new Ironbird and have a Floyd retrofitted to it. Pricey, but if that's what you really want you should do it.

12. JustinRhoads1980

nah the new ironbirds have a Floyd. But they are hideous

13. Carl Kolchak

Get it repainted for a couple of hundred bucks to whatever color you want it in. Prob solved.

14. Spicypickles

They are pushing what’s popular: super strats with cancer wood and high octane finishes. They don’t care about nostalgia any further than what sells. They’re a company, they need to make cheddar.

15. Carl Kolchak

Cancer wood is an instant classic.

But in the long run the SS market isn't sustainable though, as everyone under the sun makes one. The only thing that's going to keep BCR going are those body shapes which are unique to them. Unlike Les Pauls, SGs, Vs, and SSs, there is only one source for Warlocks, Biches, and Mocking(Iron)birds. A fact BCR seems to be ignoring at their corporate peril atm.

Merrekof and zappatton2 like this.
  16. trem licking

trem licking SS.org Regular

In a somewhat recent interview i saw with the company owner, they are doing quite well actually

17. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

They are making some of the classic shapes right now, it's just all you see are super Strats because that seems to be what's selling.

They've advertised some other classic shapes coming down the pike, but the whole COVID19 thing seems to have set back whatever production schedule they were shooting for.

18. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

How DARE this company that's bringing itself back from near death try to make money on what's popular right now in order to pad their bank account to be able to produce other things! Yes I KNOW I want an Ironbird and they make one....but it's not exactly how I want it!....Yes I know they have a custom shop that will build whatever I want..BUT I DON'T WANT TO SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY!

Yes I know they make all their classic shapes and plan on doing more...BUT Y THEY DO STRAT SHAPE?!?!

19. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

To be fair, it's not really BCR "bringing themselves back" it's some investors reviving an orphan brand.

I can see what @Carl Kolchak is saying. To a lot of folks who didn't grow up in the 80's, BCR is a very different company and folks have different expectations accordingly. :shrug:

It's a good thing folks are demanding and complaining and all that. It means they want stuff. If folks weren't asking for anything the brand would fade away for like the 5th time.

20. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

The company was considered dead by the public, so this is their comeback. They pretty much bent over backwards trying to bring back old favorites that would sell plus something new to help them out financially. According to them they plan on doing pretty much all the shapes but right now they've done a massive launch that's pretty expansive.

Complaining that you didn't get your "custom guitar" at the price you want it right off the bat is just silly. That's not how business works. They've said they plan on doing all sorts of shapes in all sorts of configurations, however right now they hit the main points and it's to be expected that further rollouts depend on people buying what they've got out now.

If they can prove to the public the BCR now means quality guitars and that they're listening to their customer base then it gives them the longevity to do more down the road. It's a process.

Not to mention they've always had a strat style guitar in the ranks in some form or another because the brand pretty much covers everything. It makes sense for them to show they can do wild shapes and more generic shit to cover a wide variety of players.

Like with any company..don't like what they have this year? Wait till next year to see what that lineup is. They've got 50 years of shapes, configurations, and styles..it may take some time for them to get to the specific shape you want.