Cradle Audio is a thing

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by narad, Oct 25, 2021.

1. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Was pointed to their facebook page where they're dropping some teaser images of something:

[​IMG]

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Boy, I hope it's an amp modeling floor board. There's a real hole in the market for those right now.

Bearitone, mongey, gabito and 15 others like this.
  3. Crungy

Crungy SS.org Regular

That would be kickass if there was a pedal you could put on the floor that did amp modeling and effects!

Jokes aside I'm not familiar with Cradle Audio... Are they new?

4. soul_lip_mike

soul_lip_mike Contributor

It's another Misha product so it'll sell regardless.

I see "Dry/Wet" on that first knob.

5. Kyle Jordan

Kyle Jordan Ace of Knaves

Needs to be called the Octo Peridium.

Emperoff and youngthrasher9 like this.
  6. youngthrasher9

youngthrasher9 Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain

Lmao.

7. Lozek

Lozek Desk Magnetic Contributor

Just checked their Instagram, it's a synth. Nothing to see here, move along.

8. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

There's definitely bigger gaps in the transparent OD and tight boost pedals.

9. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

But the GoodTiger guy pointed to it. Have they ever done any synth stuff?

10. olejason

olejason SS.org Regular

Oh boy more modeling products

11. CanserDYI

CanserDYI Beauty can't be seen through the eyes

Not going to lie, i'm more interested in better modeling tech than another marshall clone amp.

12. Lozek

Lozek Desk Magnetic Contributor

Yeah, I've seen a bunch of metal guitarists post about it on Instagram too. I guess it must be someone connected with 'all the right people' for a product launch.

13. wheresthefbomb

wheresthefbomb SS.org Regular

more like Cradle of Wealth amirite

Bearitone, gabito, Hollowway and 2 others like this.
  14. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

https://cradle.app/

Genuinely surprised that they worked alongside Frank Dudes to drop a synth VST. Frank Dukes is a legend in the beat producer community, he's the dude behind Kingsway Music Library and has came up with more samples used in top rap, pop, and R&B tracks than probably anyone else in the last decade. He has nearly 40 platinum tracks under his name.

I'm sure neither of these are exhaustive but they're worth a skim over regardless: https://genius.com/artists/Frank-dukes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Dukes_discography

Here are some personal favorites of mine that he created or contributed significantly to:

Out of anything Misha/Nolly/Dez have attempted over the last few years, this is the one I'm the most excited to see long-term. Having their first release be a Frank Duke synth set the bar stupidly high even compared to their GGD and Horizon Devices efforts. That's just my opinion though, I've been deep in the rap and beatmaking scene for as long as I've been into metal and in-the-box recording scene.

15. Kyle Jordan

Kyle Jordan Ace of Knaves

^Smart too. That is a large market to explore.

Mathemagician likes this.
  16. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

It looks like English but seems very alien and incomprehensible

17. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Thank you for providing some much needed context and information on who these people are and what the target audience is. Seriously your post made me want to look into this.

18. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

Hah, you're not wrong.

There's a ton of similarities between the amateur beatmaking and amateur metal recording communities. Metal and rap sort of share the same dynamics of either 1. really expensive boutique outboard setups with industry-known producers who charge thousands per song or 2. extremely affordable garage/bedroom rigs engineered by those who learned through trial and error. Both have had their own significant internet presence over the years through YouTube, Soundcloud, and genre-specific forums like KanyeToThe and Ultimate Metal, along with the monetization of the process through selling of sample packs, templates, MIDI packs, plugins, etc. I could go on and on but tl;dr they're more similar than not, yet it's incredibly rare to actually see the two genres overlap in practice. The only concrete example I can think of is the dude who produced a few tracks for Bones, he was *previously* on SSO and owned a few nice pieces (LACS, Blackmachine, some others). Here's an example track of his:

Of course, the past few years have seen a rise in "underground rap" and "trap metal" but they're more aligned with nu metal movements moreso than the guitar/recording scene:

A few of the emo-learning underground dudes are sponsored by Fender though, including Fish Narc, Yawns, and the pretty new pop-punk/mallcore revival supergroup If I Die First:

Well uhh, there is also this from the growing hyperpop scene, but it's just appreciation rather than blending the genres:

It's definitely a deep rabbit hole to go down. Luckily, if you're actually interested in it, the whole rise of the modern rap production scene has been pretty well documented and it's not too hard to find out the history behind some of the main players. Some examples to get you started who have worked with Frank Dukes in the past include Metro Boomin, boi-1da, Noah "40" Shebib, Southside, Vinylz, Mike Dean, and Allen Ritter.

That's what surprised me the most about this. Yeah, the dudes are pretty large in the niche metal recording scene, but to launch a fresh electronic production company with a signature synth for one of the most coveted producers in the industry is something unheard of. I can't think of any other major producer/beatmaker collabs except some garbage Splice sample pack releases, so this is something really unique to bring to the scene, especially with Frank being such a wide-reaching producer.

Apologies on any thread derailment, just didn't see this getting much traction and agreed with Mathemagician that some context was needed.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Mathemagician, bulb and Kyle Jordan like this.
  19. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Glad you appreciate the scope of what we are aiming for, Frank is a behemoth in the pop and rap world. Though reading through this thread sounds like we should have done a Marshall modeler floorboard or something?

20. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Just trying to fund the upcoming Gentleman Driver chapter of my life!

StevenC, Crungy and _MonSTeR_ like this.