Covid 19/Coronavirus

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I know I had told you guys about my friend who died a few months ago leaving his wife with two young girls under ten behind.

I have to tell another story hoping it helps someone. One of my best friends fathers just died of Covid complications. He was in his early 50s. His wife and most members of their immediate family had it before so he assumed he had it already but no symptoms. He knew he had a heart problem from being a bit overweight, drank regularly, and had your typical shit American fast food/too much meat diet. He didn’t get vaccinated because he read too much online garbage that told him the vaccine was going to give him heart problems, hyocardicis sp?? So he got Covid, two days later in the ICU for chest pains, dead by end of the weekend.

Get vaccinated friends.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
That is terrible!! I'm glad you are ok. I read somewhere that the mortality rate for bloodclots off that vaccine is really high.

I know some people that got vaccinated, but none seamed to have very bad reactions.
I never got Covid, but my wife did and she got over it in 2 days without the vaccine.
Thanks for the concern man! It's been a long year, but all the positive vibes here have really helped.

As Drew said, what happened to me was suuuuuuuuuper rare, fortunately, and as you say the mortality rates were not good. The doctor who told me I had it also told me bluntly that there's a good chance I will die. I know some people who've been left profoundly disabled from the same clot, and honestly I seem to be one of the best cases. Which says a lot about the advancement in treatment between the first cases in March and me as one of the last cases in June.

Still though, I got my 2nd dose and booster (they were Pfizer and Moderna) and I'd urge everyone to get vaccinated if they haven't already.

I had covid in January after 3 shots and only noticed because my mum had symptoms and we both tested positive, but I didn't really feel much different. Some people get lucky, some people don't, and others stack the deck in their favour.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Thanks for the concern man! It's been a long year, but all the positive vibes here have really helped.

As Drew said, what happened to me was suuuuuuuuuper rare, fortunately, and as you say the mortality rates were not good. The doctor who told me I had it also told me bluntly that there's a good chance I will die. I know some people who've been left profoundly disabled from the same clot, and honestly I seem to be one of the best cases. Which says a lot about the advancement in treatment between the first cases in March and me as one of the last cases in June.

Still though, I got my 2nd dose and booster (they were Pfizer and Moderna) and I'd urge everyone to get vaccinated if they haven't already.

I had covid in January after 3 shots and only noticed because my mum had symptoms and we both tested positive, but I didn't really feel much different. Some people get lucky, some people don't, and others stack the deck in their favour.

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better now my man. If you are still dealing with the aftermath of the clots, I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. I am sure it has been a brutal challenge to get over this.

Covid was truly a scourge that ripped through the world with no mercy. Hopefully those awful times are almost over, and we can move forward with normal life.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I know I had told you guys about my friend who died a few months ago leaving his wife with two young girls under ten behind.

I have to tell another story hoping it helps someone. One of my best friends fathers just died of Covid complications. He was in his early 50s. His wife and most members of their immediate family had it before so he assumed he had it already but no symptoms. He knew he had a heart problem from being a bit overweight, drank regularly, and had your typical shit American fast food/too much meat diet. He didn’t get vaccinated because he read too much online garbage that told him the vaccine was going to give him heart problems, hyocardicis sp?? So he got Covid, two days later in the ICU for chest pains, dead by end of the weekend.

Get vaccinated friends.

Ah, my dad just got it, and he hasn't had a booster since like spring 2021, and has had heart bypass surgery and stuff. Also a Trump supporter. This is worrying. I'm just hoping we can get him on whatever treatments are available and not just have him stubbornly sit at home .

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
My political biases are very clear? I am PRO vaccine!
Can you please stop making assumptions about people that you don't know?
Pro vaccine but your wife, at least, is unvaccinated? And spending most of your time here trolling with right-wing talking points? It's hardly a leap.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Pro vaccine but your wife, at least, is unvaccinated? And spending most of your time here trolling with right-wing talking points? It's hardly a leap.
People can have diverse views on a multitude of issues. It's not binary. I can be pro-vaccine and conservative.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
People can have diverse views on a multitude of issues. It's not binary. I can be pro-vaccine and conservative.
Then, by all means, please convince as many of your conservative vax-hesitant peers as you possibly can not to be selfish and to go out and get the shot. :lol:

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Then, by all means, please convince as many of your conservative vax-hesitant peers as you possibly can not to be selfish and to go out and get the shot. :lol:
Again, you are generalizing. The people that you hear about on media that are hard-line anti-vaxxers, or those that are pro-vaxx nomatterwhat are at the extremes. There is extremists on both sides.
Rational thinkers take each issue/topic at a time, and dissect the logic and fallacies and makes a decision based on rational thinking. Those people living in the binary extremes want none of that.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Again, you are generalizing. The people that you hear about on media that are hard-line anti-vaxxers, or those that are pro-vaxx nomatterwhat are at the extremes. There is extremists on both sides.
Rational thinkers take each issue/topic at a time, and dissect the logic and fallacies and makes a decision based on rational thinking. Those people living in the binary extremes want none of that.
I'm generalizing, but in ways the data supports:

Of Americans surveyed from Sept. 13-22, 72% of adults 18 and older had been vaccinated, including 71% of white Americans, 70% of Black Americans, and 73% of Hispanics. Contrast these converging figures with disparities based on politics: 90% of Democrats had been vaccinated, compared with 68% of Independents and just 58% of Republicans.

I haven't run into any anti-vax democrats, or at least none who were morally opposed (a coworker of my wife's was unable to get the vaccine due to an allergy to a component, but desperately wanted to be vaccinated - I don't really feel like that counts here), but if I will, I'd absolutely try to convince them to get a shot. Just asking you to try to do the same for your party. :yesway:

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
My party? The republican party is not MY party. I don't agree with everything they stand for, and I don't agree with everything democrats stand for. I am a centralist, with some views that are conservative and some that are liberal. I look at candidates and their agendas pretty in depth before I cast a vote. I have voted for Trump because the alternative was much worse. But if say a moderate democrat i can agree with runs against Trump in 2024, I might not vote republican. Take a step back and realize that all democrats are not antifa, and all republicans are not boogaloos.

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My party? The republican party is not MY party. I don't agree with everything they stand for, and I don't agree with everything democrats stand for. I am a centralist, with some views that are conservative and some that are liberal. I look at candidates and their agendas pretty in depth before I cast a vote. I have voted for Trump because the alternative was much worse. But if say a moderate democrat i can agree with runs against Trump in 2024, I might not vote republican. Take a step back and realize that all democrats are not antifa, and all republicans are not boogaloos.

I guess I'm a centralist, too, based on this graph. I shit you not I just answered the questions normally and this is what I got. Makes complete sense to me.

Political-Compass.jpg

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
I guess I'm a centralist, too, based on this graph. I shit you not I just answered the questions normally and this is what I got. Makes complete sense to me.

Political-Compass.jpg
You win lol 😂

Attachments

• 6A452192-8274-4712-A371-098D5CD6F59A.jpeg
    6A452192-8274-4712-A371-098D5CD6F59A.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 4

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
FYI, that's not an AP article but an article from an antivax mandate source.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
@StevenC out of curiosity, can’t you sue AZ for what happened to you?

I mean, If you buy a new car and it explodes while you are driving down the road, you get to sue the company for your injuries, for selling a defective product that caused you harm, as rare an occurrence that it might be.