Covid 19/Coronavirus

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So the Year 12s had a formal last Wednesday. 60% of them absent today, (200+ students absent) 10+ teachers as well.
A lot of staff are asking for all year 12s to go to remote learning for the week, as we know many of them are not testing with their free RATs the government give them.
Going to be an interesting week at work.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Don't take the bait. Revenue =/= profit. If you sell a thousand widgets at a cost of $100 each, you have revenue of $100,000, but if they cost you $120 each and you have selling and general administrative expenses that come out at a further $5 a widget, then you're $25,000 poorer than you were at the start of the year, and anyone who says you "made $100k" is just really bad at math.

You'll notice how he pivoted and dropped it when I pointed out he didn't actually understand the numbers he was pointing to. :lol:

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
You'll notice how he pivoted and dropped it when I pointed out he didn't actually understand the numbers he was pointing to. :lol:
I'm not disagreeing, but Thorsday pivoting, dropping and disappearing isn't proof of anything. That's just the nature of being erratic.

Demiurge

Intrepid Jackass
Reaction score
Well, my wife & I just tested positive. We had a pretty good run, but apparently we pressed our luck going to a couple shows last weekend. The symptoms aren't bad or anything but we have to cancel travel plans to quarantine.

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, my wife & I just tested positive. We had a pretty good run, but apparently we pressed our luck going to a couple shows last weekend. The symptoms aren't bad or anything but we have to cancel travel plans to quarantine.

Good luck and hope you both get through it with minimal issues.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Damn it guys. After over two years of dodge covid like Neo in the matrix, I have got it. Vaxxed and boosted as you know, stayed diligent up until recently feeling like I can be more relaxed…. Nope.

Feel like I’ve had a bad flu since Friday. Woke up with a sore throat which evolved throughout the day to body aches, sinus congestion, chills and fever. It’s gotten less severe each day but man I hate being sick.

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn it guys. After over two years of dodge covid like Neo in the matrix, I have got it. Vaxxed and boosted as you know, stayed diligent up until recently feeling like I can be more relaxed…. Nope.

Feel like I’ve had a bad flu since Friday. Woke up with a sore throat which evolved throughout the day to body aches, sinus congestion, chills and fever. It’s gotten less severe each day but man I hate being sick.
Almost same situation here too, except mine started Sunday evening, and no fever. Felt like complete shit yesterday. So, my wife and I took the at home covid test, and my came back positive.

On top of that, we've had VIP tickets to go watch Wage War and Gideon tonight since January.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Pretty sure Thorsday is just another victim of the ham banner.

We can all look forward to the same crazy comments coming from a new account in the coming weeks.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The number of friends of mine who right now either have covid themselves, or are quarantining because their wives or kids do... I mean, 25% is probably an exaggeration, but not all that much. It's pretty crazy how fast this is building.

Dumple Stilzkin

I like the girls with the pumps and a bump.
Reaction score
The number of friends of mine who right now either have covid themselves, or are quarantining because their wives or kids do... I mean, 25% is probably an exaggeration, but not all that much. It's pretty crazy how fast this is building.
Yeah, there’s been a real rise in it where I live too. My Dad has it. I tested negative but have quite a few of the symptoms though it’s not very intense.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Don't take the bait. Revenue =/= profit. If you sell a thousand widgets at a cost of $100 each, you have revenue of $100,000, but if they cost you $120 each and you have selling and general administrative expenses that come out at a further $5 a widget, then you're $25,000 poorer than you were at the start of the year, and anyone who says you "made $100k" is just really bad at math.

I was going after his “Imagine being in the business of selling something that you couldn't be legally held accountable for” by pointing out that the companies responsible for oxycodone have agreed to pay $26B in damages as a result of lawsuits, just got busy and didn’t follow up on it.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Vaxxed and boosted and it feels like the bad flu? I've been relying on my own immune system and I've been fine. get well.

Last edited:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I was going after his “Imagine being in the business of selling something that you couldn't be legally held accountable for” by pointing out that the companies responsible for oxycodone have agreed to pay $26B in damages as a result of lawsuits, just got busy and didn’t follow up on it.
It's cool, it's just a pet peeve of mine. Everyone talks about corproate revenue when they mean corporate profit. :lol:

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Vaxxed and boosted and it feels like the bad flu? I've been relying on my own immune system and I've been fine. get well.
Yeah dude sucks. I’ve kind of let myself go recently as well. Haven’t been eating healthy and taking my vitamins. At least three other family members not including my wife have tested positive and we’ve been in contact with each other within the week. I seem to have had the worst of it.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
So here's a fun story:
Last weekend, it was my aunts birthday, and I haven't seen members of that side of the family in 2+ years, so I ended up attending their small outdoor bbq thing. As family things tend to go, they of course dove into the usual "it's all been mismanaged and everyone's been lying and you're all overreacting" types of dumb family conversations, which spoke to a number of members of that side of the family playing very loose with covid guidelines etc. It seemed not to bother them that the 'rona was thiiiiiiiiiis close to killing my dad two Holiday seasons ago.

Hey surprise, I started feeling sick on Thursday and tested positive this morning. Between all the jabs and being in generally decent health, it's not the end of the world - I've had worse colds than this (so far) but it's still frustrating in principle.

SnowfaLL

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It sure seems like the pandemic is "over" to the minds of people around north america, but more and more people are getting it. From the start of this thing until January this year, I didnt know any friends or family who got it, maybe 1 or 2 somewhat acquantances.. but since January, ive known like 10-15 friends/family who got it, so Omichron is definitely much more contagious than Delta/etc. Thankfully, it seems less deadly too, so hopefully thats a sign that the pandemic is nearing the actual end, where everyone gets a weaker version of the virus. It's still going to kill a ton of old/immuno-compromised people along the way, which really sucks. Thats the part that bugs me, to the idiots who are like "its a hoax", people dying daily is nothing, but thats someones father or mother or brother or sister out there, dying cause billy didnt want to wear a mask at costco for 20 minutes. Fucking selfish assholes.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tested positive yesterday (got it from careless family members) and it's kicking my ass. Fever, chills, chest congestion, pain in my limbs and in my back/chest, cough that feels like my lungs are going to invert, etc. Would've preferred to not have this happen.