Covid 19/Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ralyks, Feb 27, 2020.

1. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

What do you mean "you have to almost die"?
    I hope the threshold is a bit less than almost certain death, because in the risk/benefit calculation covid is bad, but still far from almost certain death.

Especially in categories like kids where the risk of covid is almost negligible.

The thing is, there have been examples presented here but the answers to them are "i don't believe you" or "it's only in your head" or just plain ignored like the numerous sources that don't fit the narrative, so what good are more examples?

Just look at last few months. There are tons of examples of vaccinated people getting and passing on the disease, talking about it here, yet the discourse next to that was still "only the unvaccinated are responsible for spreading the pandemic". So people don't even try to think through the examples that don't fit their bias.

Imagine? And it's based on imagined stuff that you want to argue for this or that policy to punish the unvaccinated?

It's like you are on purpose trying to show that your only possible line of thinking is based 0% on sources and 100% on clichés and prejudice... I'm sure you can do better than that.

2. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

No one here can objectively assess those examples. You're not giving enough info, and I'm not a doctor, so sounds like a pretty bad place from which to assess whether people who should get exceptions, by some medical board standard pov, aren't. In matters of healthcare, I do generally default to "doctor knows best" -- I've certainly seen a huge number of opposite cases where idiot parents spent some time on some FB groups and think they know better or should get some special care. How am I supposed to know in this case whether the parent actually has a reasonable standing for an exception? That's also a subjective matter, but one I'm going to side with doctors on.

3. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

You keep not reading what i write but I know doctors who'd want to be able to give what they think are justified exemptions, but can't.

4. narad

Aren't we playing a make believe game of policy? Currently some doctors possibly feel pressure to not give exemptions for cases they feel justified for, and currently unvaccinated are not being turned away from hospitals in triage situations purely on that metric. Flip those, and that's the policy I would enact. Of course, I would expect the number of exceptions to be extremely limited.

For instance:
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-...l-exemptions-from-covid-19-vaccines-1.5572833

Reacting to a component of the vaccine is “a very, very rare thing.”

Very clear conditions for exemption. And of course,

On Wednesday, the College of Physicians and Surgeons Ontario sent an internal memo saying the organization is seeing an uptick in requests for “unfounded” medical exemptions.

StevenC likes this.
  5. StevenC

StevenC Javier Strat 8 2022

Agreed, but until your interlocutor gives anything verging towards specific it sounds like they're defending Movak Djokovic and Kyrie Irving's right to a medical exemption, not people with actual medical needs.

In fact they've attacked people with legitimate medical needs.

6. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

I mean, you did tell him to go fuck himself multiple times, and constantly brag about having him on ignore, so what did you expect?

*Novak

7. StevenC

I stand by what I said to him twice and have said before I stand by it. If dude wants to lie about me to prop up his alternate reality I'm going to tell him where to go. Do you have a problem with that?

Apologies for my spelling, I had a brain thing last year that messed me up and my concentration and dexterity is still improving.

8. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

I don’t have a problem with it; I find it funny you have a problem understanding why he won’t engage you after your multiple bannable offenses and him now doing to you what you constantly brag about doing to him. :yesway:

9. StevenC

I don't see how what I said is bannable, but if you want to report me then go for it. It's not a personal attack to say mbardu lied in his posts about what i said, and since expletives aren't a bannable offense I don't see how expressing my displeasure at his misrepresenting my trauma is against the rules.

Care to enlighten me so I can adjust my behaviour?

10. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

No thanks. Some people just never change, and I doubt you’d take my advice on anything anyway! I don’t blame you…

StevenC likes this.
  11. narad

Guys, guys, chill, we're not enemies here.

...the unvaccinated are :D

vilk, tedtan, Adieu and 2 others like this.
  12. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

What about the medically marijuana’d?

13. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'm surprised how long it took Mary Jane to be suggested as a covid treatment, since it's already a magical cure for most other ailments, including cancer, depending on who you ask.

Adieu likes this.
  14. narad

I'm not one to judge -- super illegal here.

15. fantom

fantom Misses his 6 strings

You keep repeating that obese, smokers, drinkers, etc. don't have any negative health treatment. You fail to acknowledge that people who require organ transplants literally get ruled out and die because their historical lifestyle decisions. So yes, when there is precedent where hospitals deny a treatment option and let people die because they are obese or a former alcoholic. When the resources are slim, it is completely reasonable to make decisions like this.

And can you please stop playing the victim role. You dish out far more shit than you are receiving. You are whining to like 5+ people that they are treating you unfairly when you are constantly acting entitled and berating them.

CovertSovietBear, StevenC and narad like this.
  16. StevenC

Do we know why mbardu won't get vaccinated?

17. ArtDecade

ArtDecade John Bohlinger's Miyagi-Fang Karate

Fear of becoming a 5G tower.

18. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal

"I have night blindness."

19. narad

Bone spurs.

20. ArtDecade

ArtDecade John Bohlinger's Miyagi-Fang Karate

5G Bone Spurs.