Covid 19/Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ralyks, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Thorsday

Thorsday SS.org Regular

How does everyone here feel about governing officials' thinly veiled "Rules for thee but not for me" behavior? If COVID-19 was as bad as they were squawking, they're either as reckless and self absorbed as all get-out, or this whole thing really is what I think it is.

I read people saying things like 'Ockem's Razor', and simply refusing to connect the dots. It astounds me so many don't see it.

Shut down your non-essential beauty salon, so our essential Super WalMart Target can open beauty salons in their locations...

Sick life. All these petty insults are hysterical. I'm not a Republican, by the by.

Yes, go get indoctrinated by the Ministry of Truth, while I spend my time and money on grass fed red meat, free range worm fed chicken/eggs and God-given fruits.

There is no individual. Only The Party.

2. Thorsday

Thorsday SS.org Regular

And another thing: masks aren't going to stop viral droplets from getting into your eye sockets. Even by way of entering the respiratory system... They're trying to stop a mosquito with a chicken wire.

3. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I want to ignore the obvious troll, but this is too good. This is THE dumbest mask take. You know where the droplets come from right? Do you exhale or sneeze through your eyes? Are you that guy that used to shoot milk from his eyes for Guinness World Records or whatever it was?

Drew, Bodes and StevenC like this.
  4. Thorsday

Thorsday SS.org Regular

Also aren't going to stop droplets from going out. Sure, it's like how a condom isn't 100% effective, is my point, there.

So hostile. Ignore the main points I wanted to discuss.

5. Thorsday

Thorsday SS.org Regular

Supporting insight on natural defense.

6. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

7. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Yes. Absolutely. But you'll notice he never once said "if you're all the pinnacle of health, nobody would need vaccines."

There were over 400,000 excess deaths last year, and that's with a record-low-for-decades death rate of the flu, which normally kills 30-75k per year...and that was with weeks and months (in some places) of shut downs, masks, millions if people working and schooling from home, sanitation on a massive scale, etc.

8. fantom

fantom Misses his 6 strings

So your justification that masks don't help is that condoms don't work 100% of the time?

This is a new low...

Adieu, Bodes, Thorsday and 1 other person like this.
  9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

That's a horrible argument. They work enough of the time to have done wonders for people's sexual health (as well as freedom, if you're going to take the "freedom" angle).
    Just like masks.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bodes and StevenC like this.
  10. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

This guy is a holistic chiropractor you twit. :fawk: Srsly take five seconds to check your sources.

11. spudmunkey

The thing is, I watched most of it, and he's not wrong about anything that I could discern...except that the take-away shouldn't be "if people just took are more zinc and less sugar, none of this would be happening"...but that seems to be how so many people are taking it, if you read the comments on the video. Oh, and if you believe in "god" and are healthy, it's *because* of your belief in "god".

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  12. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

To protect my brain cells, I stopped watching that video at "good hygiene isn't your responsibility".
    upload_2021-7-27_20-7-51.png

"Just don't be sick or old" is about the troll-y-est solution to a pandemic suggested yet.

StevenC likes this.
  13. spudmunkey

Ha, fair...I think that was just a side effect of him trying to simplify the message with one check mark for each line, rather than a checkerboard. For that specific line, he said, "To learn how the virus spreads, so they can teach us how to have good hygeine and good protective measures".

Thorsday likes this.
  14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Even if he had "correctly" graphed responsibilities - the whole chart exists as a cop out to say that people have no personal responsibility to help fight the pandemic - only to keep yourself healthy, everyone else be damned. Screw old people, anyone not born perfect, those who made lifestyle choices with or without knowing they'd have to fight a pandemic, anyone with vices (which is everyone) etc., amirite?

StevenC and spudmunkey like this.
  15. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

isn't that just the normal Ayn Rand/Republican philosophy? "only oneself matters, and everyone else be damned" kinda thing. That pretty much has been their whole philosophy for decades.

16. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Yeah, I've noticed the politicians travelling to Mexico, eating out, not wearing masks, etc. I'm not surprised; I suppose I have low expectations. Politiciand and cops need to follow the law, too.

It's easy to fall into the echo chamber. That's why it is important to trust the experts, but verify the facts.

Thorsday likes this.
  17. StevenC

StevenC Javier Strat 8 2022

For what it's worth, the proper term for these not doctors is chiropractics.

I know.

18. Thorsday

Thorsday SS.org Regular

Old people die... Are you a pre-teen?

And those excess deaths you're carrying on about are bogus. Follow the money and you'll see hospitals received substantially more money from the govt if the death certificate read cause of death: COVID-19.

19. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Aaaaaaaaand that's my limit. Onto the ignore list you go.

StevenC, thebeesknees22 and Thorsday like this.
  20. Thorsday

Thorsday SS.org Regular

Go carnivore and be happy.