Covid 19/Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ralyks, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I was fortunate that my second moderna shot happen to take place during my paid week off, because the day after kicked my ass. 230 in the morning with chills and fevers, body aches, tossing and turning. By 11:30 the fever and chills mostly stopped, but I still had my sister take my son for the rest of the day because the body aches suuuuucked and lasted until the following afternoon.

But yeah, from everything I've gathered, people who get Pfizer seem the least likely to have symptoms.

2. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

I am glad there seems to be progress I feel Texas and Florida may see another spike when they get into their summer heat pushing more folks into inside AC areas but hopefully vaccines are far enough along by then.

Drew likes this.
  3. LordIronSpatula

LordIronSpatula A series of interconnected fortune cookies.

That blue radiating from their shoulders shows the 5G signal already broadcasting from the injection sites, right? :lol:

Wuuthrad and DiezelMonster like this.
  4. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

I was honestly going to write something up but caught up on the discussion and you put it so much more eloquently than I could have.

My home country is feeling it pretty terribly right now (Brazil), and I feel pretty lucky to have the vaccine, and that I'm supplied masks at my job to work through the pandemic even if I have to come into the office daily. I had a coworker make small talk the other day saying "can't wait to get these masks off man", and I just point blank told him I'd be wearing mine for at least another year until we are actually back to normal. If my fat ass can breathe fine with it on, anyone else should be able to health permitting.

Also as hilarious as this video is, it's also incredibly frustrating because it just puts a face on the kind of people that are "inconvenienced" by this pandemic. Just fuck their shit, people are so incredibly selfish.

EDIT: Filmed in Marquette, Michigan ironically :lol:

StevenC likes this.
  5. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

Yes indeed, but strangely I’m having difficulties tuning into their specific frequency for some reason... :rofl:

LordIronSpatula likes this.
  6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

:lol:

Didn't know you were Brazilian - country is a mess right now. :/ I have a friend who thankfully is in the Netherlands these days, but she's from Brazil and we've been checking in periodically. Bolsonaro and Trump had us both on almost the exact same trajectory, for a while there, but where we reversed course after the election things have just continued to degrade. Her mom got vaccinated a few weeks ago, and she cried when she got the news. It's a scary time to live there.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get mine off too. But I'm not doing it until my not wearing a mask isn't going to jeopardize someone else's life. And the soonest way to make that happen is for us ALL to keep taking this seriously, and not fuck up the landing here after all the sacrifices we've made.

7. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Agreed, it does me no harm to wear mine so likewise until it's no longer dangerous to I will keep wearing it. It's a good thing to normalize too, people should use them in the future if they fall ill and must go in a public location for something.

Yeah my grandparents on my dad's side are far enough away from any cities that they're more than safe with our relatives who help take care of them. Everyone else is in Rio and it's terrifying to live through the pandemic with Bolsonaro guiding the ship, the vaccination rate has steadily shot up so I'm just praying they can get the jab sooner than later.

Drew and High Plains Drifter like this.
  8. Bigredjm15

Bigredjm15 SS.org Regular

As a doctor. Get your damn vaccine!!!!! Side effects are temporary, immunity can be long lasting! Keep your family and loved ones safe. I will gladly answer any questions about the vaccines themselves, the medicinal chemistry of them, the conspiracy theories of them, the science behind it, the statistics and whatever else. And please don't message me saying, "my friend on facebook said..." Fuck your friends facebook MD degree. Listen to the experts. Anyways. Cheers, Love yall, keep safe and lemme know if I can be of service.

9. Empryrean

Empryrean Plucks strings

got my second dose today! feeling perfectly fine with the exception of a sore arm and raw fingertips but the fingertips is because of playing guitar and cutting my nails too short :lol:

High Plains Drifter and StevenC like this.
  10. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

Wife and I had our second jab Thursday on our 21st Anniversary. As my coworker said, "so romantic." LOL.

We were a little tired the next day, but aside from that and the usual sore arms, no big whup. She spent the day writing and I spent it making music so it didn't bother us much.

I'm also suffering raw fingertips. MAYBE IT IS THE VACCINE!

Nah. New guitar in the house and it needs it's daily beating. :lol:

11. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

Got my vaccine appointment booked finally!

12. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

They opened up appointments for 30+ today, so got an appointment booked. Will let people know if my cell reception improves.

13. btbg

btbg SS.org Regular

You strike me as the kind of person who would call someone a "snowflake" if they said this to you.

Snowflake.

Mathemagician, wankerness and Drew like this.
  14. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Sounds like some school program to get kids off drugs.

"Remember kids, nothing's more romantic than safety!"

nightflameauto likes this.
  15. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Hmm. Here we get plenty of sick time but weren't given "special" sick time for vaccination or anything. As far as I talked to people who got the Moderna like myself, almost everyone had about a day of feeling like trash after the second shot, except for a couple of people who'd already had covid, who instead felt awful after the first shot.

I got my shot at noon, woke up around 4:30 with severe aches and chills, and barely felt human until the next day! It was rough. About as bad as the last time I got a bad lung infection. I never actually had a fever, though. Still, it blows my mind that so many people are so inept at risk assessment that they're like "well I'd probably get sick from the vaccine so why would I get it?!??!" or "we don't know what the vaccine will do to you!!!" while also usually refusing to wear a mask or social distance. It's like, we're PRETTY DAMN SURE the vaccine is not going to do anything bad to you, sure, there's possibly some tiny risk there. But, that's where these morons cut things off in their brain. There's no "but we do know that the virus, if you're not vaccinated, will VERY PROBABLY fuck you up quite badly and almost definitely give you much worse health effects than anything you'd ever get from the vaccine, even if you don't end up in the hospital." It's like the vaccine and the virus are completely independent concepts in their tiny brains!

I'd get vaccine hesitancy if they were ALSO going to continue masking forever and not ever interacting with other people who aren't masked, or something. But it's NEVER like that.

Wuuthrad and StevenC like this.
  16. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

Im fully vaccinated since February, and fully on board with following science and the experts, and was just curious if there has been, or is there any ongoing research re. the possible long term side effects of the vaccine? Thanks very much in advance!

17. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

18. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Poke 1 is done, poke 2 is scheduled.

19. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

@TedEH - how long till #2? is it 4 months? One of the guy's I work with said his 2nd one was around 4 months out. :/

20. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular