Covid 19/Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ralyks, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Isn't Florida pretty much majority-elderly-alcoholics though?

2. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

The "war time" president throws in the towel after not doing anything besides golfing and watching tv. Huge shocker. those bone spurs must be acting up again.

Elect a clown, they said what's the worst that could happen?

3. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

There's an old Russian saying: "the clowns leave, but the circus remains"

Dineley, zappatton2 and sleewell like this.
  4. Viginez

Viginez SS.org Regular

...edit

5. Surveyor 777

Surveyor 777 I measure things

I normally stay out of this thread because I haven't had anything to say and really haven't been keeping current on the news, but I have to vent on something that is DRIVING ME NUTS.

I had to go to two stores in the past week. Both stores have "direction" arrows marked with tape on the floor, ALL OVER THE PLACE. I didn't measure, but in one store I swear the arrows were placed every 6 feet, so there were A LOT of them.

I would think a common-sense thing would be to realize these are pointing in the direction you are supposed to walk, right? Well, maybe this is only a "suggestion" by the store (sarcasm).

It is pretty much 50/50 - half the people follow the correct "direction" throughout the store. The other half walk wherever the hell they want.

If we're supposed to be keeping 6' apart, it's pretty damn hard when I'm walking the "right" way down the aisle and some jackass is walking straight toward me and there is maybe 1 foot between carts when we pass each other.

Seriously:

1. Are you that damn arrogant that you think "I can do what I want"?
    2. Are you that damn arrogant that you think "Nobody is going to tell me what to do - this is America"?
    3. Or are you just that stupid?

I was just fuming last night after I left the grocery store. I feel sorry for the people working there. I hate to think of this, but I wouldn't put it past one of these arrogant morons to go to the store when they're sick, cough their brains out and infect the people working there.

fantom likes this.
  6. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

Come down here to Texas. You'll go back to Wisconsin with a fresh perspective on arrogance and stupidity. But seriously... Don't come here. We're fucked.

zappatton2 likes this.
  7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I have trouble getting worked up over the arrows on the ground, both because I don't think they accomplish what they set out to do, but also the rest of what goes on in grocery stores is a shitshow at this point, so it's a pick-your-battles kind of situation.

From everything I've seen so far, risk of infection tends to be time x proximity. Given that people don't bother with masks, and many that do are doing it wrong, and the arrows cause people to queue up with little or no concern for distance, it ends up defeating it's purpose. If you go into the store and only need one thing, the best way to reduce your time spent in any amount of proximity to anyone is to go at a time that there's not likely to be a lot of people, go directly to what you need and get out, IMO. If I pass someone by for a fraction of a second, that's not worse than being sandwiched between two people with no masks who insist on following the subset of rules they choose because of convenience without regard for why the rules are in place. More than that - stopping someone to deride them is increasing exposure even more, since now you're directly breathing at someone who would have otherwise been long out of risk range by now.

8. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

I'm going to be honest. I see a lot of conservative dickwads saying that if you don't like it then leave. I did and it's probably the best thing I've ever done.

9. Randy

Randy Taste the Rainbowâ„¢ Super Moderator

Depends if you follow Desantis logic or common sense. He said first that the spread was from migrant workers and then he said it was from young folks in NON-business related social situations that they have no control over. So according to him, no, Florida's senior population aren't getting it. :rolleyes:

10. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Don't let the swing state status fool you, outside of parts of Milwaukee and Madison it's fucking Mississippi Jr. up here. :lol:

Adieu likes this.
  11. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Moving around a lot when I was a kid and being a truckdriver for a couple of years taught me that once you get outside city limits, the USA is the same everywhere.
    1.jpg

Adieu likes this.
  12. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

Bolsonaro (Brezil president) has been tested positive to COVID-19

JSanta, sleewell and Adieu like this.
  13. zappatton2

zappatton2 SS.org Regular

Good. I'm not one to wish misfortune on others. Except him. Fuck him.

14. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy

Well, unless it takes Putin and Trump... here's hoping

15. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Unfortunately, it sounds like he's not very affected by it, and that will probably make him double down on his "get everyone to contract it!!!" plan.

I'm glad that guy exists, so we know we could have a leader that was even worse. Though it sounds like the general populace there is being a lot less stupid than ours.

sleewell likes this.
  16. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

I'm sure a lot people already know about it but Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald Trump Jr.'s girlfriend, caught the Coronavirus. She was tested 4 days ago and the test was positive. I'm assuming she caught it at the Mount Rushmore rally Trump had on the 4th but I don't know for sure. But anyways, the anti-Trump people were not apologetic one bit about the posts they made on her Twitter page. Some of the posts they made.

"You caught a hoax?"
    "Karma, eat a whole bag of it."
    "Prayers and bleach."
    "You'll be O.K. In the meantime, give Donald Trump a big wet, sloppy kiss."
    "She couldn't find a mask big enough to cover that trap (mouth)."
    "$30,000 on plastic surgery. $6 face mask. Logic."

sleewell likes this.
  17. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

*checks calendar* I'm pretty sure we do know for sure. ;)

If I read/remember correctly, I do believe someone travelled with the president spent time with her at the rally.

Rosal76 likes this.
  18. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

Not to doubt our illustrious and moral administration but I certainly wouldn't be at all surprised if these people in close contact with trump, haven't honestly tested positive. This would allow him to proclaim that "they had it and got over it without any major issues". If they have indeed contracted it and they recover, then you can also bet that trump will use this to solidify his claims that the virus is no big deal. No matter what, this vindictively negligent criminal will indeed use anything... factual or fabricated as an opportunity to pat his back and beat his chest.

19. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

20. JSanta

JSanta SS.org Regular

*if engaging in sexual activities with someone you have not been quarantining with.

I don't see this being any different than any other type of close quarters contact with people you have not been isolating with. Wear a mask. Reduce transmission.

zappatton2 and StevenC like this.