Covid 19/Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ralyks, Feb 27, 2020.

1. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

you're trying to make more money. assuming that an entire country acts like a failed guitar builder is kind of silly. That's exactly what you are trying to not do when running a business.

apple comment is kinda random.

2. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

I'm just saying that fucking over the customer for more profits is a feature of our system. Many examples can be found such as Apple. Better-run companies usually get backlash and walk it back because if they aim to do business for a long period of time they need people to keep buying their shit.

But the original question was who wakes up in the morning and decides to fuck over their customers. The answer is quite a lot of people.

3. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

ok I get your point.

So, like assuming we entertain this theory....
    who really profits from this to the point where you can say this was deliberate.

4. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

Bill Gates is going to micro chip us all for a huuuge profit. I read about it in Hillary's emails that were just found on Jeff Bezos server. George soros is also involved but I haven't figured out how yet, probably involving 5g mind control or giving us all autism w a vaccine.

Did I miss any boogeymen were supposed to hate while being distracted from the swampiest swamp commiting fraud on enormous levels?

wankerness likes this.
  5. USMarine75

USMarine75 Colorless green ideas sleep furiously Contributor

"right now."

The situation evolved.

If my patient presents with an open wound, I treat it as an open wound, provide prophylactic antibiotics, and assess/reassure there's nothing to worry about.

If he spirals down and develops MRSA/VRSA, Sepsis, or NF I tell him the prognosis has changed and it can be potentially life threatening.

You can only respond with the facts at hand. Neither statement/treatment was wrong. It's called evidence based medicine.

tl;dr when it comes to conspiracy theorists - if you believe in everything, you believe in nothing.

[​IMG]

XPT707FX and zappatton2 like this.
  6. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I mildly regret introducing the phrasing of "follow the money" into my argument. :lol: The point was to illustrate that there is no money to follow. Nobody is benefiting from this.

People in health care? Doctors? Nurses? Hospitals? Nobody I know has gotten any money out of this. Instead they're put at high risk and being overworked.

People making ventilators? If I understand correctly (and I might be a bit off here), they're almost all companies that do a lot of other kinds of works, so while they might make some money from this one product, all of their other business (where they likely make the majority of their money) grinds to a halt.

People making vaccines? If the whole conspiracy is to sell us a fake cure for a huge price, then why is there nobody selling a cure? I mean, there's certainly some wackjobs on tv and the internet claiming to sell cures, but only the most gullible are going to buy into that. Which is unfortunate, but a whole other discussion. Nobody is buying cures right now. I'm surprised nobody has tried to pin this on the people who make hand sanitizer (please don't) since that's what people are buying.

Government? If your economy is destroyed, the people have no money. If the people have no money, then neither does the government.

Don't get me wrong, it would be false to state the literally nobody makes any profit in this arrangement. I make video games, and people are buying that shit up like mad right now. But I promise that nobody in video games orchestrated the virus as a means to get rich, or to crush the competing film industry or something.

Millul, XPT707FX and Demiurge like this.
  7. possumkiller

Who profits from what? Like what are you even talking about? All I said was I would be careful saying something about who wakes up in the morning deciding to fuck over their customers because this is SSO where people have been known to wake up in the morning deciding to fuck their customers. I mentioned that it is actually a feature of capitalism to try to fuck the customer as much as possible to make more money. If there is too much blowback, better companies usually adjust to customer feedback.

8. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

The gop senators who sold stocks after a classified briefing made lots of money. I think they then invested in ppe companies.

Amazon and Walmart are making lots of money.

Zoom and other work from home tech companies are doing well.

Because we failed to use the power of the federal govt to buy ppe in bulk for set prices and then distribute to states the ppe companies were basically allowed to sell to the highest bidders at many times normal profit levels.

shadowlife likes this.
  9. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

Sir, I take offense.

Newfoudland man (Newfie) is our Florida Man, Alberta is our redneck Texas and Quebec is just old confederate living on a dead dream of secession.

Sorry about the off-topic reply, you can tune back to your regular virus propaganda conspiracy tin-foil discussion.

10. USMarine75

USMarine75 Colorless green ideas sleep furiously Contributor

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    thesnowdog likes this.
  11. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Don't get me wrong, if there's a way to take advantage of a situation, someone's probably going to try it. The point is not whether or not literally nobody makes any money right now, but whether or not there's any reason to believe that the global situation we're in was orchestrated deliberately to make a dollar. Hint: There is no reason to believe that.

12. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

Yes. Id agree with that.

Where in Canada is trailer park boys based in? I love that show so much.

zappatton2 likes this.
  13. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Exactly, and for the most part, there are sectors of business that are going to naturally do well during a situation such as this. There are companies selling baby clothes and others that sell coffins. Some sell streaming TV content and others bathing suits and others hiking gear. Business opportunity is with is in sickness and in health, till death do us part :lol:

14. thraxil

thraxil cylon

Nova Scotia. I grew up in northern Maine and that's the show I point people at to explain what it's like where I'm from (minus a few Canadianisms). Any character on that show easily could've fit in in my home town. There's even an episode that features the Dysart's truck stop in Bangor, which was a regular hangout for my high school friends.

Dineley, zappatton2 and sleewell like this.
  15. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Also prostitutes.

Dineley, thesnowdog, XPT707FX and 7 others like this.
  16. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire L'enfant sausage

17. possumkiller

Which state is The Deep State anyway? I know Florida is the Sunshine State and Wyoming is like The Land of Lincoln or some shit but in all my two years of truck driving I never saw any state calling itself The Deep State.

thesnowdog likes this.
  18. JoshuaVonFlash

JoshuaVonFlash SSBRO.org regular

Badwater Basin in California is 282 below sea level, making California the "deepest" state.

thesnowdog, USMarine75, TedEH and 3 others like this.
  19. Randy

Randy Tony Lazuto?! Super Moderator

Capture.JPG

thesnowdog, broj15, Empryrean and 4 others like this.
  20. StevenC

StevenC Javier Strat 8 2022

Well, New York used to be called New Netherland, so probably there.