Covid 19/Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ralyks, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

I can almost see Trump giving a televised address standing on an aircraft carrier in front of a big "Mission Accomplished" banner proudly announcing the "invisible enemy" has been defeated.

thesnowdog and sleewell like this.
  2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

That's the first I've heard of the zinc thing, so maybe I'm wrong on that one point. But that only holds any water if hydroxychloroquine works too. I thought that was either disproved, or up in the air, etc. Either way, it's not a vaccine. It's not a cure. At best, it was suggested as something that might help symptoms for current sufferers, and is even dangerous for some people who are immunosuppressed or otherwise don't need it, isn't it?

I'm no expert on it, so I might be behind on that story, and it's actually very helpful in some cases, but I'm preeeeeeeeeetty sure it's not a vaccine or a cure.

3. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

From what i've read, the actual quotes were that they are starting to talk about the plans for how the specific executive-appointed task force could wind down, when the time comes, for teh hand-off to the specific separate agencies. That makes sense to me. They clearly need to put together the exit strategy and start to talk about milestones soon, if they haven't already.

GoldDragon likes this.
  4. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

The idea is that it pulls zinc into the cells, where the virus does it's virus thing. Part of the problem, though, is that the efficacy of zinc against viruses is basically insignificant. There are some youtube videos that explain HCQ and CQ-P working that way, but, as we have seen, anyone can make a bullshit youtube video. The academic viewpoint is that Quinine-derivatives (such as HCQ and CQ-P) mess with the pH of the cytoplasm within the cells, making the cell toxic to the virus without permanently damaging itself. HCQ is better, because it is more soluable in water, so the circulatory system can pull it out of the cells once the cells get themselves into trouble. It works against malaria and other protozoan parasites, because they don't have a circulatory system to get rid of the quinine quickly enough to not die from its toxicity.

The way it works on viruses, in real life, is that it doesn't. See, viruses, unlike what Trump, as well as many other people who didn't pay attention in biology class, are not "bugs" or bacteria at all. They aren't even living things. They are just information packaged into a fold of cell membrane. So the drug doesn't mess with a virus directly at all. The virus is immune to basically all sorts of toxins that interfere with cellular mechanics, because, well, they aren't made of cells.

It's also a pretty decent immunosuppressive, which is why it's very dangerous to take when battling a virus. That's why the drug is prescribed to lupus patients. Lupus is a disease where the body's immune system attacks the body itself. By putting the immune system into a sort of "time-out" of a less active state, lupus patients get direct relief from the disease. Given to a virus patient, though, the immune system becomes unable to remove the virus from the cell's vicinity. So, while mucous and phlegm go away (which are the white blood cells doing their thing to immobilize the virus and remove it from the body), the virus can rampantly spread within the cells and make the diseaase worse.

Empryrean, zappatton2, fantom and 2 others like this.
  5. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

Yes it does, but it’s not following orders is it? It’s not respecting any borders or boundaries! It’s very real and it can kill! Bad virus, we need to control it. But at what cost?

Is it a good enough reason for the biggest robbery of the US treasury in history which has happened (yet again) right before our eyes. As if there’s a good reason! It’s Vulture Capitalism perpetrated by the same old clowns.

But please, you’re advocating censorship based on your own preconceived notions, and making a lot of assumptions about what I believe, which I’ve never stated, despite your attempts to convince me otherwise. What you may not yet know about me- I like to spend a lot more time formulating my opinions than sharing them.

we’re supposed to have freedom of the press in the US, I don’t know what it’s like in your country, but I’ll tell you what’s happening in the US which seems to fascinate you for some reason? Pride, anger, jealousy, envy, pity? fEAR?!?

All legit reasons, as are any.

Corporate censorship, financial fraud at the highest level, overarching powers of govt, big business open yet small business shuttered, govt mandating the poor work in unsafe conditions.

I honestly fear people won’t be able to do anything about this scam out of fear, or they don’t care. Or they won’t be able to because they’ve been destroyed financially.

People appear to spend more time accumulating “likes” on social media than engaging in any real form of civil disobedience.

I agree with you on this truth thing. But how do you know it’s true? The guy selling you something most likely has a vested interest in deceiving you, especially when they’re main advertisement is fear of death.
    And their story keeps changing...over and over again.

Is censorship of anything that isn’t true really good? Using this logic- Who gets to decide what’s true? the mainstream media? A popularity contest? Big brother? Ad revenue? For profit healthcare industry?

You ignored the truth of the video: Covid 19 deaths are being falsely reported for profit.

Have you read the news of our (US) test kits being contaminated with the virus? True story... google it

“Rather than love and money and fame give me truth.” - Henry David Thoreau

“Civil disobedience becomes a duty when laws become corrupt.” Mahatma Gandhi

“Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.” Albert Einstein

shadowlife likes this.
  6. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Who has profited?

Your posts are a lot to go through, man, but let's start with that. Specifically, who profited from the virus?

zappatton2, Demiurge, Randy and 2 others like this.
  7. StevenC

StevenC Javier Strat 8 2022

Great, now imagine a world without a for profit healthcare and then try again.

zappatton2, XPT707FX and bostjan like this.
  8. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

upload_2020-5-5_19-38-43.jpeg

9. StevenC

INB4 solar cult

vilk, bostjan and Randy like this.
  10. Randy

Randy ✝✝✝ Super Moderator

Charminati confirmed

Necris, TedEH, StevenC and 4 others like this.
  11. GoldDragon

GoldDragon SS.org Regular

If a hospital reports an uninsured patient as a Covid death, they are more likely to get reimbursement from the federal govt for the care. As opposed to just writing it off as a loss.

If you think the coronavirus relief isn't rampant with fraud, you aren't looking close enough. Hospitals, doctors, insurance companies, all perpetrate fraud on the American people.

shadowlife likes this.
  12. StevenC

And the rest of the world?

tedtan, vilk and XPT707FX like this.
  13. Randy

Nice try but no.

Most hospitals are turning people away or telling them to stay home if they have COVID-like symptoms, as long as they're not severe enough to need oxygen, etc.

I tell you this based both on family who work in the ER and others who have/had coronavirus. The number is several times higher than what you see, based on the number of people I've known who had it and the doctor said 'yeah, you've got it, stay home and don't waste a test' over the phone.

And if we're going to chase this conspiracy down to it's logical conclusions... are you implying hospitals are infecting people or are you implying people aren't sick in the first place and you can just pull them off the ventilator and they'll go home miraculously? What are people dying of then?

StevenC and XPT707FX like this.
  14. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

You guys can ask me, argue with me or alternatively I think it’s probably a better idea to watch the video and ask your own questions. That was my hope anyway, not to start an argument. I can’t really defend the assertions made in the video it’s not mine. I do think it’s worth consideration.

Most of the questions I posed were related to the video. A few questions of a somewhat personal nature I entertained out of courteousness. I really don’t care what anyone thinks about me, I mean who doesn’t like being liked? But that’s not the reason for this post: I only care that people have an open mind and learn to read between the lines. I’ve lived long enough to know that someone is always pulling wool over your eyes! It’s up to you to figure it out.

One thing that strikes me as interesting, and also a wee bit unusual, is how some Canadians get all bothered about US politics and business. Ive never heard US friends even whisper about what goes on up there outside of Tours and border crossings....

More particularly in this case, the gentlemen or lady who seemed to speak with authority about this video, and then when asked about it said “I know nothing about Fauci,” when one of the main premises of the video is about his involvement in this pandemic.

It makes me wonder did you even watch the video? I know you claim to but how can I take you seriously after making such a claim and then sort of audaciously telling me how I think? Preposterous really!

In order to lighten the mood and inject some humor in these dark times, I will add my own partially sarcastic interpretation of the multitude of information I’ve read re. the financial side of the US Federal stimulus package for your enjoyment. Also note that the majority of small business loans were administered through Chase Bank (The Rockefeller Bank!) who’s first order of business was to duel out $ to the businesses who were indebted to them!

53F3F0FC-66A0-45A0-896E-6D34CB2AB35C.jpeg

And no parts of this video are reflections of my personal opinion, as I’ve said several times, I posted this as it’s a non mainstream source of information for your consideration.

Anyways I wish everyone can be safe and healthy, and doesn’t get too messed up in this dark time of history.

shadowlife likes this.
  15. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Sweet jebus, there's so much to unpack the in the last few threads.
    Good thing we all have nothing but time on our hands. :)

I wasn't advocating censorship, per-se, rather suggesting that it's preferable to widespread flat-out misinformation during a period of time where it could do a lot of harm.

I'll invite you to go back and re-read your own posts. You've made a lot of statements that were not at all in the videos.

I'm from Canada, not Mars. It's maybe 80% like America, just colder, more French instead of Spanish, and our equivalent to Florida Man is probably from Quebec.

Covid is not an American problem, it's a world problem. The video talks about the virus as if it's a strictly American thing. It really isn't.

Ok maybe. Now keep that in mind while you rewatch the video you posted. Pay close attention to the part where the lady being interviewed is selling a book.

If the information (or misinformation, as it might be) is harmful, then yes.

When I speak about "truth", I'm talking about objective truth. Not choices, not "fake news", not "some facts aren't actually true" kinds of facts. Just what is objectively real. A lot of what's in those videos are verifiably false. Objectively.

Falsely reported? Maybe. For profit? You're going to need some actual proof before anyone believes you. A conspiracy theory youtube video is not proof of anything.

The video was all over the place, but if it had a main premise, I'd describe it as being that we're supposedly being lied to about a virus that was manufactured so that a whole handful of parties can trick us for vague "reasons". You've yet to explain how this guy (or anyone else) benefits from people dying and the economy getting crushed. I know people like to say "follow the money", but there is no money to follow here. The economy is taking a beating. Nobody benefits from this. Being the richest guy means nothing if there's no economy to spend your money in.

zappatton2 likes this.
  16. GoldDragon

Thats a good question. Follow the money. Who do you think benefits from a worldwide pandemic?

The only one coming out of this on top is China.

17. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

China, whose economy depends on the rest of the world buying their crap? Yeah, destroying their economies and turning everyone against them so they stop buying Chinese goods is a great way for them to get ahead in the world.

China absolutely caused this and should be held responsible. But anyone suggesting they did it on purpose or will benefit from this is a complete moron.

vilk, zappatton2, Ralyks and 3 others like this.
  18. GoldDragon

Whoa, take it down a notch cowboy.

19. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

[​IMG]

EDIT: Blaarg, someone made this joke ::shakes fists::

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  20. Randy

Not being overblown or hyperbolic about this but the timing of the wind down and reopening while we're hitting new peaks every day (even states like NY are guilty of this) make clear that the shutdowns were an experiment to see how the economy would survive, and in the cost v. benefit of economy v. lives, leadership determined the stock market won't tolerate another 6 to 12 months of this and decided letting the virus run amok is worth the risk.

LordIronSpatula likes this.