Covid 19/Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ralyks, Feb 27, 2020.

1. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Seek mental help.

broj15, JSanta and StevenC like this.
  2. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

Please feel free to watch the video if you want the answer to your questions!

I didn’t post this to give my opinion, but to share some information, I think this video is worth the time.

3. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

For posting a video that you didn’t bother watching, are you deciding that I’m crazy?

4. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'm about half way through the video now, can I be judgey? I'm at the part where she's claiming someone is trying to kill people with vaccines, but also the vaccines don't exist, but also the vaccines don't work.

5. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I take it back, they finally listed a source sort of. Showing footage taken supposedly from a facebook group made to look like it was recorded off a tv, with inconsistent sharpness in the weird facebook parts they edited into it. Fun stuff.

Edit so that I'm not just posting a whole bunch:
    OH MAN the removed video from before makes an appearance too. Thanks for posting this, there's some gold in here.

Wuuthrad likes this.
  6. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

I think you’re comparing different vaccines of I remember correctly.

7. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

I agree it’s an interesting watch. I wouldn’t call it fun but I think it’s important to hear more than the mainstream media.

8. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'll give you that what gives a video like this some weight, and might allow someone to believe it is that they mix some things that are potentially true (I can believe some places are hit worse than others because of certain demographics) with things that that sound plausible (yeah, I'm willing to believe some hospitals are coding things as covid that aren't, be it intentionally or otherwise), so that they can mix it in with some complete nonsense (like the part where they claim zinc works as a cure, or that only dogs have other coronaviruses).

So yes, as someone who watched the video -> I think you'd have to be either a bit crazy or very poorly informed to believe any of this.

OR be actively looking for something to validate a pre- decided stance despite it flying against common sense.

tedtan likes this.
  9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

And that extra bit of plausibility is why I think youtube should take stuff like this down. Because some people WILL believe it. Which is potentially dangerous. The lady speaking VERY CLEARLY doesn't understand the things she's talking about. "Wearing a mask literally activates your own virus" she says. At least the one that got taken down with those two doctors did a good job of being convincing. I can believe that those two actually did believe what they were saying.

Edit: To clarify, when I said "fun" I mean "this is clearly, almost entertainingly, fake".

10. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

So are you saying that Dr Fauci doesn’t have a financial interest in vaccines?

What about erroneous reporting of Covid fatalities?

11. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

The humor of these “veiled” personal attacks never cease to amuse me on this forum.

Must feel nice to be sure of yourself. One of the advantages of youth, I suppose...

shadowlife likes this.
  12. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I don't know enough about Fauci to know what his financial interests are. I do know that one guy having financial interests in vaccines doesn't lead to everything in that video.

Reporting of the virus stats were always known that they would never be perfect. And if you put enough people with varying opinions and motivations out there, you end up with people treating non-covid deaths as covid deaths. It's equally plausible that some believed that those were legitimately related to covid, or that overreporting was the best course of action. I have friends and family in healthcare, how come none of them have told me all of these alternate truths?

Also, not thinly veiled at all. I think you're wrong. I think you are either fishing and stretching for validation, or just legitimately don't understand what you're talking about.

And this is coming from someone (me) who is willing to admit that I don't really understand a lot of what's going on either. I'm no scientist or doctor, but I'm pretty good at spotting a BS argument, or an "artistically" put together video.

13. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

Ok fair enough, but what about the point “we are divided by propaganda of social media” and are fighting amongst each other.

I basically made a summary of the video which I found interesting, without offering my opinion.

I haven’t stated my opinion or beliefs, so I’m not sure why you might be “attacking the messenger,” so to speak.

And censoring media is dangerous. I can’t agree with that at all. Who is anyone to decide? Are you living in the US?

14. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

bostjan likes this.
  15. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

You can say "what about" 100 times and it doesn't change any of what I said. Google "whataboutism". It's a poor derailment tactic. Even if I agree that we're pretty polarized by things, that's entirely a flaw with our political systems and nothing to do with the video.

Your endorsement was pretty heavily implied. If you don't think it was, then go back and re-read what you've said so far, trying to see if from anyone elses point of view.

Convincing someone of something untrue is more dangerous.

Dineley, XPT707FX, zappatton2 and 2 others like this.
  16. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Does the virus live in the US?

XPT707FX, zappatton2, bostjan and 2 others like this.
  17. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Exactly, they're trying really hard to push the "we already beat it!!!" narrative. I wish this was happening closer to the election instead of with another 6-7 months minimum where they can kill us and bleed us dry.

18. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

We're fucked.

19. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Deep sigh.

I'm really sorry that people have lost their minds, and even more sorry that the people leading the government have lost their minds. I'm really not sure WTF happened to humanity. Maybe 5G really did fry everyone's brains.

TedEH likes this.
  20. StevenC

StevenC Javier Strat 8 2022

I thought the zinc thing was real and that part of the appeal of hydroxycloroquine was that it carries zinc into the blood stream if taken together. Like that was the dream scenario for that drug, it would have its own effectiveness and would also carry zinc which might have had effectiveness since it works on other coronaviruses.