Covid 19/Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ralyks, Feb 27, 2020.

1. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Bare cast or enamel?

LordIronSpatula likes this.
  2. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

black pots and kettles existed long before stainless steel did, as they were cast iron, or if ceramic, blackenned from soot.

Merrekof likes this.
  3. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

I think this injecting disinfectants or bleach might be a wonderful idea after all. It might actually save the country when you really think about it. Since Trump's supporters are so loyal & trusting they just might take Donald's advice. This in turn will kill off a majority of Trumpers increasing the national IQ level beyond belief ensuring a Biden victory and real leadership that will save the U.S.A.:usa:

;>)/

Dumple Stilzkin, tedtan, SD83 and 2 others like this.
  4. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I guess I am old fashioned, since about 20% of my own cookware is cast iron.

Back to the virus, I don't know what to make of all of the bullshit going around. The virus is a hoax, and does not exist, but if you don't want to catch it, gargle with salt water, because heat much less than body temperature kills it. Also, there are no patients in hospitals with it, and the number of people who died from it are super low, but also the virus is so dangerous that it's worth shooting household cleaners into your veins if you get it, because that is the only way to stop you from dying?!

Ugh. Remember back when people kept their stupid thoughts to themselves? Pepperidge Farm - do you even remember?

The past two months now have been the same Mad Libs page over and over with Trump filling them in more and more ridiculously.

XPT707FX and Demiurge like this.
  5. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

6. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

Pot calling kettle black is just so outdated because how is calling something black a bad thing? Racist pot!

7. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

...you prolly grew up with induction-convection-whatever gadgetry (which btw casts some serious doubt on your "ascended redneck" credentials, unless of course you were from a microwave-only kind of household...although still, at least y'all had a microwave, unlike some of us)

This is imagery from the crude metalwork stuck over an open fire era (and nope no teflon neither). Sh!t gets naaasty. On both sides.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  8. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

is it better to tell people to inject disinfectants

or say you were wasting people's time and just being sarcastic and joking around when you clearly weren't?

man the cult is so dumb to keep believing lie and after stupid lie.

Dineley and BlackSG91 like this.
  9. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

This is such a typical proud, dominant-personality, vain elderly alpha male type trying power past a senior moment on pure bluster and bullsh!t and denial pattern

If you've ever been around a declining family patriarch in his final years who refuses to admit it, you'll recognize it instantly.

It's a textbook case. They become utterly UNABLE to admit to any mistake, lack of information, or anything forgotten, no matter how minor, and will viciously lash out to shut down anyone who doesn't act like it never happened, because they start to feel like admitting ANYTHING is tantamount to admitting EVERYTHING (think "ready to bullshit you for hours instead of admitting they just can't find the remote or asking for help operating the damn programmable toaster oven")

Trump being Trump and brushing it off *IS* the evidence that he's losing the plot.

10. spudmunkey

I'm not sure what you're tlaking about.

I'm not him, but the home I grew up in didn't have a microwave until i was about...maybe 13. None of our pots of kettles were black. We had a conventional electric stove (with the exposed coil).

We spent a lot of time at my grandparents' houses. Their only black cookware was a single dusty cast iron pan hanging on the wall that was seemingly purely decorative., and the inside of a broiling/roasting pan, which had some sort of blck coating (not non-stick). They also had an electric stove, with the exposed coil).

Everywhere i've live since, including my own home for 10 years, have all had a gas stove...but I also don't own any black cookware.

11. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

I seem to remember they’ve been saying he’s showed signs of Dementia or Early Alzheimer’s for quite some time? (Members of his staff?)

But maybe it’s part of his master plan to rob the treasury of trillions. Or at least he’s a good figure head for doing so...

“Disaster Capitalism” at work- the Shock Doctrine as a playbook.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  12. Boofchuck

Boofchuck SS.org Irregular

clayton-bigsby.png

Surveyor 777, tedtan and SpaceDock like this.
  13. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire sso's unofficial pickup hoarder

14. spudmunkey

15. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

When I was a kid our pots and pans were just red, yellow, or blue painted thin ass stamped metal from the dollar store. Or TG&Y maybe I can't remember. But you're right, my mom couldn't cook for shit so most of my food came from microwaving bologna and hotdogs or toaster strudels. Apart from when mom would put on some hamburger helper stroganoff as a big dinner treat.

I lived (in the 90s) in a single wide trailer from the 60s that had a home made "double wide" addition over it that was in various stages of completion. We had snakes, opossums, roaches, spiders, and the occasional alligator. They literally cut down some trees in the woods next to a swamp behind some guy's barn to make room for this trailer. The bigshot farmer neighbor's barn was roof to roof jumping distance from our house. He stored bales of hay in it until lighting struck the big tree next to it and it fell down and crushed half of the barn. The school bus got stuck in my front "yard" one morning and had to be pulled out by the neighbor and his tractor. After that she (the old lady bus driver called Bouncing Betty) wouldn't come down our "road" to get us and we had to walk a mile to the pavement every morning and back every afternoon which actually wasn't so bad because at least it wasn't as embarrassing as the other kids seeing where we lived.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    Dumple Stilzkin, tedtan and Adieu like this.
  16. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Alright you pass, I'm just messing

But how is it you kids never cooked sh!t on a campfire?

17. spudmunkey

Enameled steel, aluminum, or aluminum foil pouches. Or just a grill grate.

18. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Cast iron skillet. Well, when we went camping with Dad.

When we went camping with Mom and our stepdad we just used sticks. Either with hotdogs or marshmallows on the end.

19. blacai

blacai SS.org Regular

2:11 p.m.: Maryland warns residents not to ingest disinfectant after receiving more than 100 calls
    Maryland sent out an emergency alert after receiving more than 100 calls on consuming disinfectant as a possible treatment to COVID-19, according to the governor's office.

The calls came after President Donald Trump suggested using a disinfectant.

20. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

And they thought we would need until 2505 until we reached "Idiocracy" levels of madness. Some people seem way ahead of their time.