Cover of Gojira - Flying Whales in the makes

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by darkflame, Jul 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. darkflame

darkflame SS.org Regular

Hey people!

I´ve been making a cover of the aforementioned song and decided to post my progress so far. Any input is greatly appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0ph686l0tdoqja/Flying Whales unfinished.mp3?dl=0

Bass is the Solemn tones Loki split into two tracks. One of the tracks is pure Loki with lopass at around 450 hz and the other track is distorted with TSE808 a highpassed at 550. Both tracks are then bussed and given some tone with an impulse.

Drums are GGD - Invasion.

"clean" guitars are dual tracked and the input chain is: Lepou Lecto, Ignite amps TPA, NadIr with an impulse of a rectifier recorded with an RE20.

Settings for Lecto: Red modern, Drive 19:30, Low noon, middle 1:00, high 1:30, presence 12:30, master 11:00, resonance 0

Settings for TPA: Depth 10:00, Presence 13:30, Volume 14:00, Bias noon, Sagging 11:00, Feedback full, Resonance noon, output just above zero. EL34 tubes

Rhythm guitars are quad tracked input chain is: TSE808, Lepou Lecto, Ignite amps TPA, same impulse.

TSE808 settings basic 0, 5, full. Settings for Lecto and TPA same as for lead, except Drive on Lecto is at noon.

The guitar I am using for recording is a mahogany bodied with a dimarzio Titan in the bridge.

Thanks!

2. darkflame

darkflame SS.org Regular

3. darkflame

darkflame SS.org Regular

Btw, I´m tracking and mixing with my ATH M30X headphones so would love to hear some feedback from people with monitors and just feedback in general.

4. darkflame

darkflame SS.org Regular