Confusion related to forum history, and needs answers quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayambakar

The Giver of Likes
Reaction score
Hei all, so I've been lurking around here for quite a while now.
There are 2 things that I have in mind right now, and it disturbs me because I can't find any answers through the forum search. :scratch:

One is about a profile named Desecrated. So far I've learned what banned people's profile looked like, and his/her/its posts don't look like that? Why is that so?

Two is about .......... (h u f s c h m i d guitars, patrick, switzerland, should ring a bell) I literally just found this (like 7 minutes ago) several old threads that has his name censored. even listing his website is censored. Why is that, and why was he banned? Is he a fraud? And I took a gander at his superlong rep bar... it's just weird for me. Oh, also, a guy named Stitch.

Mods, I'm really confused right now, I don't even know where to post this thread. So please move this if considered inaproppriate for offtopic.

Some experienced SSO users may know the answers to these questions, and I'd appreciate any help. :bowdown:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Desecrated's profile got nuked by Chris (the old owner of the site) years ago now (early-mid 2008 IIRC) and the entire thing was deleted, not jsut banned, because he pissed Chris off that much... some older members will no doubt know more than me there.

Huf is a luthier who periodically went insane, kept dragging things OT and shitting on the mods for moving his builds to the correct place, and then demanded all his threads be deleted...

Metal Ken was a Mod until 2009 or so and his rep bar is super red because he preferred the red bar to the green/yellow one (it's more metal) so people would neg him instead of pos-ing him.

Stitch got banned for 'something' but I'm not 100% sure why, but it was a pretty controversial thing at the time. He is also gay :yesway: And the reason for this smiley; :stitch:

None of this really matters, all things said and done, because they're either people who are no longer active, or who are over at Metalguitarist.org (Chris' new site).

Hope that helps :yesway:

Reaction score
In short:

A) des insulted the old administration shamelessly and really pissed off chris (old admin) who nuked desecrateds (ironic huh) profile

B) Huf is batshit nuts. He just threw a fit and is crazy

C) Stitch, i dont remember but i think he got in a fight with djpharoah? Or one of the mods

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
Don't let Huf's behavior here give you a bad impression. He makes AMAZING guitars...

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't ask about:

1-NUDE MAN :squint:
2-Tester
3-Satan
4-The Dubya
5- "Sup Donnie" thread
6- A Fork
7- Drew's Pink Polo
8- Picture of Rusty Cooley
9- Conan
and other crazy shit which I can't remember... hahahah

:pickle:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't ask about:

1-NUDE MAN :squint:
2-Tester
3-Satan
4-The Dubya
5- "Sup Donnie" thread
6- A Fork
7- Drew's Pink Polo
8- Picture of Rusty Cooley
9- Conan
and other crazy shit which I can't remember... hahahah

True that. Many hours using the search function looking over those. :lol:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
ross, you ALWAYS get the 'inb4's lol :golf:

we should do a "History of SS.org" article. make a SS wiki or something.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As mentioned many times Patrick believed that he was above others and deserved special treatment because he told a dick joke or two in between constantly spamming his instruments. When the luthier section was made he thought he could just post unlimited ads for his wares. When the previous Mod staff condensed some of his threads he went nuts and requested a perma ban as well as the deletion of many of his posts and threads.

If the story ended there it wouldn't be a big deal. Though after being banned, by his request, remember, he decided to make a series of duplicate accounts to troll the board, give his old account fake rep, and spam his guitars. After his dupe accounts were found out he made a forum which seems to of been made just to spam his guitars and attack members and Mods of this forum. His forum has gone on and offline numerous times as well as changed names a few times.

As for his guitars, I haven't played one and at €3000 for a non-carved top, basic, fixed bridge RG, I don't see myself trying one anytime soon. Though a few things to consider would be morgasm7's expirience, I won't go into details, just search, as well as the fact most of those who owned one of his guitars on this forum and others have sold thier Hufs or quietly moved on and stopped talking about them.

Fantomas

blah
Reaction score
Any insights as to why site management has changed? I heard somewhere that they sold the site, but that does not explain why there seems to be some friction between the old guys and the new management.

Status
Not open for further replies.