Confessions Thread! (keep it civil, folks.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lelandbowman3, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

When I was 13 I went a few months without shampooing my hair, just regular water when I showered. Apparently my hair looked great, but felt greasy as f**k. :lol: Looking back on it now, I also had pretty hygiene standards back in high school. Glad I started giving a shit after that. :ugh:

2. J7string

J7string SS.org Regular

I sometimes try turning straight men gay. :p

3. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

Without really meaning to, I seem to be the default person that people turn to when they think they might be LGBT in some way. Not that I mind, but I don't exactly consider myself to be some sort of gay/trans guru. I just don't give any ....s what people think of my being bi/transgender. I suppose that resounds with people in some meaningful way and that makes me feel good. :yesway:

4. wat

wat SS.org Regular

I think most early metallica would have sounded better tuned 1/2 step down

5. tacotiklah

I'd love to hear the first 3 albums tuned 1/2 step or a full step down.

6. Dan_Vacant

Dan_Vacant Hi I'm Dan.

Every live show after the black album is. And seek an destroy is a full step down

7. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

I just recently found out that there is no such thing as "Swiss" language. I naively assumed that people living in Switzerland had their own language. :lol: let's just keep this embarrassing fact between us, hmmm?

8. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

^ Between us and the rest of the world? *texting friends* :wub:

Seriously though, I don't blame you. Their language situation is, indeed, quite complicated. :lol:

9. tacotiklah

New confession time...
    I honestly thought they spoke Swiss and this post literally just decimated that belief. I have no clue what it is that they speak, although intuition says that it is Germanic based.

10. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

From what I understand, they speak Italian, French, and German, but, predominantly, they have their own dialect of German that most natives speak and is used, as far as I understand, in official matters (although I don't know to which extent Italian and French might be used).

11. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

Swiss German Dialects. A German who had no knowledge of Swiss german would probably have a hard time understanding a person speaking Swiss German. The grammar is different and the pronunciation is different. People who live in Switzerland write in standard German though (with a few slight differences), which is interesting.

12. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

I hate Wah-Wah.
    I hate that thing with a passion.
    I found it insulting.

13. Preacher

Preacher Lord of Beer

Not sure if this should really be on the internet for all to see, but I guess it shows how fragile my state of mind is becoming.

After 2 years of increasingly sh1tty jobless neighbors in a house with paper for walls, I am finally starting to snap, as is my wife. I actually legitimately fantasize about killing them so I can get some sleep before I call the police, confess, and get to live the rest of my life in a padded cell.

"Why not move preach?" you ask. I can't, I own my home with a mortgage and can't move until someone wants to buy it, and no one is buying it with sh*t neighbours because the ****s that own it rented it out to a company that has a contract with the council to provide short term accommodation (max 6 months) to problem tenents until they can be provided long term dwelling while they moved to St Kitts.

So far today I have been awake for 25.5 hours, since yesterday morning because they decided to have a Wednesday night party and rave. The police tell me they can't do anything as its a civil matter. The council tell me they can't do anything either because they aren't housing association but wont tell me who I can complain to, other than the internet!

Oh, and I realized the whole thing has actually made me start drinking very heavily again, which I stopped when I met my wife because she was concerned about how I thought it was normal to drink 5/6 500ml cans of bud a night and double/triple that on a Saturday. She had a point before anyone asks. I don't drink during the week anymore, but any day where I have a day off the next day that's it I'm going hog wild. Realizing this is depressing but at least I worked it out and can stop right? (and won't I be a fun ball of excitement when I realize I have quit drinking!)

Not really sure if this is a confession or not thinking about it

14. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

What I would like to know is how well versed the Italian and Romansh speaking community is with German/French which is most spoken.
    I assume there is news and official papers in all 4 as they're all considered official.

Edit: Apparently they do not offer official papers in Romansh.

15. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

^ Those in cyan areas speak Gurgle-ish

16. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

I like Rings of Saturn

17. tacotiklah

I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have music and video games as a positive outlet, I'd have ended up as a serial killer. Just saying.

18. rockskate4x

rockskate4x rockskate4x

This...
    [​IMG]
    ... second hand and beat to shit, is my only seven string at the moment :wallbash:

19. tacotiklah

^Nothing new pickups and aftermarket hardware couldn't fix. :shrug:

20. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Exactly the point I was making. I don't think any of that praise is deserved. I'd rather have my eyes gouged out than listen to any Nirvana- or worse: Nirvana cover bands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.