Confessions Thread! (keep it civil, folks.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lelandbowman3, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nats

Nats SS.org Regular

I left the house without putting on deodorant.

2. wat

wat SS.org Regular

-I've recently become borderline obsessed with anime.

-I actively run dozens of alts on other internet forums(not this one)

-I'm utterly and irrationally terrified of roaches

-I can taste some metal on my tongue when I touch it with my fingertips, especially when my hands are wet :nuts:

-I once let a girl give me xanax at a bar. I woke up in my car 10:00 AM at a gas station with almost no back right tire to speak of and mostly twisted steel for a rim. :noplease:

-Once I was really drunk at a bar with friends and thought I was doing a great job of chatting up this milfy chick sitting at the table with us who knew someone I was there with. She was being really touchy-feely with me and told me her tits were real. I said I'd like to see proof later on tonight, etc. etc. Pretty sure my exact words were "that bears further inspection" or something. :facepalm: This went on right in front of her husband who was also at the table with us. They were a married swinger couple and I was too drunk/dumb to notice.

3. Neilzord

Neilzord .Metal.

I'm at work, "working".

4. ferret

ferret Not worthy

I never use metal utensils because I can always, always, taste them.

5. DocBach

DocBach SS.org Regular

from midnight to 8am I pretty much surf forums because my patients are all in bed.

I post mostly in the off topic threads because I don't know much about guitars but I want to sell my HT1 amp which I bought based on reviews from people saying it was good for bedrooms but turned out since I owned my own house my Peavey 6150 is OK for bedroom use because my neighbor can't hear it, and there is a 100 minimum post rule before I can try to sell it.

6. Nats

Nats SS.org Regular

Guess the damage wasn't too bad since I left work 90 mins after getting there because I have a fever. Now I'm "working" from home.

7. no_dice

no_dice a very bad old bear

Don't forget being a member here for 6 months. It looks like you've got a month or two left to go.

8. as_i_am

as_i_am SS.org Regular

I've never been a fan of most influential/important bands. And by not a fan I mean Guns n Roses, Nirvana and RHCP are my 3 least favourite bands.

9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Similarly, I think Kurt Cobain was a terrible musician.

10. Ed_Ibanez_Shred

Ed_Ibanez_Shred Baritone sixes

Nirvana are gash, soundgarden ftw

11. asher

asher So Did We

I've gone from just allergy meds and as-needed inhaler to adding three more regular meds in the last year and a half or so - one for acid reflux, one to help with sinus congestion/non-allergic rhinitis, and an SSRI antidepressant.

Fun times. Hopefully that last one isn't more than a couple year proposition.

12. broj15

broj15 SS.org Regular

He may have been a terrible musician but he was a great songwriter. Nirvana's discography is mandatory listening for anyone looking to get into music IMO.

13. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

I had not heard that song. It friggin' rocks. Thank you! :lol: I just feel like an idiot because she's my roommate and we hang out all day. It just makes things feel slightly awkward. Good thing I can handle those things pretty well... except when I'm drunk, in which case I simply resort to posting about it on SSO. :rolleyes:

Whenever I leave the house without putting on any deodorant I walk into the nearest pharmacy, buy some, and then go to a public bathroom to put it on (because I smell like a caged animal otherwise). This has been happening often enough recently that I buy more deodorant than I use, and so every person that has come into my room during the last couple of months has expressed surprise at my seemingly vast collection of deodorants.

14. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

I can't take most cough syrups, because they smell and taste too similar to Jagermeister... which is that one liquor that I just cannot ever smell or taste again.

Also, I just watched the original Alice In Wonderland for the first time like 4 days ago. I would imagine seeing that as a kid, it would just be fun and entertaining. But as an adult.... um, wow.

15. DocBach

DocBach SS.org Regular

I like have literally not worn deodorants in a decade, and I only shower every couple days. Pretty much, most of the products we're sold to keep us "clean" destroy the body's natural mechanisms to defend and clean itself.

However, I am compulsive about my oral hygiene and brush my teeth twice with the most expensive Oral B toothbrush I could find daily and floss at least once, and apply tooth polish like what you get at dentists offices every couple months.

16. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^Be that as it may, not wearing deodorant would most likely keep me from "gettin' any", ya know? :lol:

Though I live in an area dominated by hippies. So hmmmmm.

17. DocBach

DocBach SS.org Regular

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-details/what-your-earwax-says-about-your-ancestry an interesting read -- apparently people who have flaky dusty ear wax have Asian ancestry -- the same genetics actually make the glands that bacteria like to eat, so even after not showering for a month I don't smell nearly as bad as a lot of other people (though the only time I would ever go more than a couple days without a shower willingly was in the field in the Army).

18. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

Tell that to my 12-year old self (please don't; he'd have found that a great excuse not to shower).
    Confession 1: He did the exact same thing and stank like I imagine Godzilla's crotch would. As soon as he began to shower, girls started to like him more. Same thing is currently going on with my 12-year old cousin.

Confession 2: I've also experimented a few years ago going over a month without shampooing my hair... I might as well have lathered it with lard to achieve the same effect.

I do have a friend, however, who allegedly hasn't shampooed his hair in a few years and his hair looks as great as anyone's. Different people react differently to these things. Also, my friend is half-Thai, and Asians do have beautiful hair.

Confession 3: I like Babymetal. :cool:

EDIT: sorry for OT, but it's pretty interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_QKyipj_Y

19. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

I slept for like 14-18 hours since yesterday. These new meds have shitty side effects. :(

20. DocBach

DocBach SS.org Regular

after working NOC shifts I can't sleep more than 4 or 5 hours a day without getting massive migraines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.