Comment Section Gold!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
XC skiing? Too rich for my blood. How about socks on a clean floor?
Like where you run and turn 180 degrees and stop running but move your feet forward to back as you’re sliding, just like professional ice skaters in the corner of a rink? I’ll tell you, that is WAY more fun than any actual skiing could be! (Not even joking. Like I could do that all afternoon, lol.)

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Like where you run and turn 180 degrees and stop running but move your feet forward to back as you’re sliding, just like professional ice skaters in the corner of a rink? I’ll tell you, that is WAY more fun than any actual skiing could be! (Not even joking. Like I could do that all afternoon, lol.)

Even if you had a long-enough hallway, you could simulate speed-skating moves. 😂

At my last job, I'd often have to cross from a loading dock/freight elevator to the far side of a completely empty corporate office space. These floors could sometimes be tens of thousands of square feet. And they were wall-to-wall covered with flat, and short-pile, and smooth commercial carpet tile, made almost entirely of slick polyester.

I'd often come to a furniture delivery/install after hours, so I'd still be wearing my "office" dress-ish shoes, which had smooth soles.

If you were using one of those grey or beige plastic Rubbermaid utility carts to transport stuff, you could get a good running start, prop yourself up a little on the top of the cart, and then ski behind the cart. You could slide for what felt like 10-15 feet per stride, a bit like if you were skiing behind a dog sled.

So much goddamn fun. Even more fun than the allet jack races we used to have after-hours in Office Max on the nights we cleared the floors to prep for getting the floors re-waxed.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Even more fun than the allet jack races we used to have after-hours in Office Max on the nights we cleared the floors to prep for getting the floors re-waxed.
These are the things that: Are completely forbidden due to workers comp and HR issues, but simultaneously: Are the exact things that build employee morale and make a job enjoyable.

I had a high school job washing dishes at a diner. I was written up on my first day of training because my training (who was a year older than me, and the "senior" dishwasher) blasted me in the back with the spray of one of those power hoses in the dish area of the kitchen. So I grabbed the spray faucet from the sink (which was admittedly less powerful) and sprayed him back. He grabbed a waiter's tray as a shield, and went to spray me again. I grabbed a waiter's tray as well, and we proceeded to have a water war, with our weapons and shields. It lasted maybe 3 minutes until the assistant manager came in and yelled at us. We were both soaking wet, and the floor had a quarter inch of water, because it couldn't drain fast enough during the fight. I got written up, and only made minimum wage, but on that day I would have paid them to let me do that. SO. FUN.

(I was eventually fired, and later banned from the premises. I have the fondest memory of that place. We all had an absolutely blast working there.)

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I llament the tangent going too far, and we've herd enough. Sorry for any probllama; no need to sound the alllama. Wool we get back on topic, fleece? Llama.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Okay, I llament the tangent going too far, and we've herd enough. Sorry for any probllama; no need to sound the alllama. Wool we get back on topic, fleece? Llama.
Me Llama Mark:
Spanish -> My name Is Mark
Bad English -> My Llama's name is Mark

The Comment Brought to you By

40 SPECIALLY TRAINED
ECUADORIAN MOUNTAIN LLAMAS

6 VENEZUELAN RED LLAMAS

142 MEXICAN WHOOPING LLAMAS

14 NORTH CHILEAN GUANACOS
(CLOSELY RELATED TO THE LLAMA)

REG LLAMA OF BRIXTON

76000 BATTERY LLAMAS