Comment Section Gold!

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Curse everyone who normalized laundry rooms in the basement. It is the exact opposite corner of the house where the clean clothes are needed. This is also how I knew I was getting old but I love it.

Yup! Also since the washing machine is in the basement, we 99% always forget there's stuff in there that needs to be hung up to dry and then the next day when something else needs to be washed we notice... And then it needs to be washed again because it smells like shit from sitting in the machine overnight.
The solution would off course be to set an alarm when the laundry is supposed to be done, but we just never do.

But having everything in the same place is ingenious tbh, I gotta seriously consider doing that when I start renovating the house. I wonder if the vibrations from the washing machine will cause damage to the house in the long run if I put it upstairs :scratch:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
But having everything in the same place is ingenious tbh, I gotta seriously consider doing that when I start renovating the house. I wonder if the vibrations from the washing machine will cause damage to the house in the long run if I put it upstairs :scratch:
I seriously doubt it would cause any damage, but you may need to repair your washing machine if it's that bad. :lol:
You can also put it on a little platform to raise it about 30 cm or so off the ground, that's especially nice for front loading washing machines.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I seriously doubt it would cause any damage, but you may need to repair your washing machine if it's that bad. :lol:
You can also put it on a little platform to raise it about 30 cm or so off the ground, that's especially nice for front loading washing machines.

Yeah, a platform would be great even where it is now. It'd be much nicer to fill up if it sat a bit higher, beside reducing vibration. I'm just thinking because our house is built in the early 50's, so it's not exactly designed for mechanical wear, and it's less rigid the higher up you go (the basement is basically all concrete and the rest is wood apart from the chimney and some support structures)

Our current washing machine doesn't really vibrate much even though it's kinda old, unless it's loaded super unevenly... It does weigh more than 100 kg though, it has a huge concrete block in it that greatly reduces vibration. I guess when it's spinning at 1800rpm it needs a fair bit of weight to stay in place. Our previous machine was the kind that would basically meet you at the door if it wasn't loaded precisely right, so I'm kinda happy it broke back in the day :lol:

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
This is goddamn genious. Put the washer and dryer in a big walk in closet. If you have the space that's be great.

Though... I always have leaks and stuff coming out of my washers.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Y'all don't watch enough HGTV. Washer and dryer in a big walk in closet is everybody's wet dream.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like they need a better dryer then!
Screenshot_116.png

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
This is goddamn genious. Put the washer and dryer in a big walk in closet. If you have the space that's be great.

Though... I always have leaks and stuff coming out of my washers.

Yeah, the floor would need to be waterproof and have a drain in it. I'm seriously considering this now, as I have a lot of attic space that I'm planning on converting to walk in closets.

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, the floor would need to be waterproof and have a drain in it. I'm seriously considering this now, as I have a lot of attic space that I'm planning on converting to walk in closets.
As this conversation is evolving it might be an idea to make a home improvement thread to discuss these issues. We've been slowly trying to renovate our house and would be nice to bounce of ideas from other folk here!

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I grew up in and around the woods. My ex wife hated that I would just ignore weird noises.

*weird noise outside or from the house*
her: WTF was that!?
me: IDK *shrug*
her: don't you want to check?!
me: nah *shrug*
her: what if it's a ghost!? or a skinwalker?!?
me: *shrug*

Like, either it is, and if it wants me it's gonna have me, or it's not, and either way I'm best off minding my own fucking business.

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh I agree, I never understood the mentality of "Oh this looks like creepy, poor lit location with weird noises, lets go and investigate!" Whatever happens next it's on you!

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
I grew up in and around the woods. My ex wife hated that I would just ignore weird noises.

*weird noise outside or from the house*
her: WTF was that!?
me: IDK *shrug*
her: don't you want to check?!
me: nah *shrug*
her: what if it's a ghost!? or a skinwalker?!?
me: *shrug*

Like, either it is, and if it wants me it's gonna have me, or it's not, and either way I'm best off minding my own fucking business.
Yeah the only sound that I pay attention to in the woods is a snuffling vague piglike sound, because there's likely a grizzly uncomfortably close to me and I might get murdered.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
If you are hearing strange noises, maybe you need to move out of the woods and into the tonewoods!
moray.jpg

Yeah the only sound that I pay attention to in the woods is a snuffling vague piglike sound, because there's likely a grizzly uncomfortably close to me and I might get murdered.

(If you like dark humour, listen to the end)

Latest posts