Colors to Chloe, My Free Full Length Inside!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by IamOthello, Dec 11, 2010.

1. IamOthello

IamOthello SS.org Regular

Hello sevenstring! It's done, this full length is finally done, and I want you all to hear it. Over the past month and a half, my life has changed so much and so has my music both for the better I believe. This album that you are going to hear and download, this isn't just my music, this is me. If you've ever wanted to know me more intimately, even though we are all just nerds, this is the best way. Everything you hear on this album was made up on the spot. When I felt sad, I recorded a sad piece from what I felt, when I was lonely, I recorded how I felt, likewise with happiness, anger, and every emotion I've felt. This album helped me discover myself even more than I already have. I've learned so much over just the past two months. Many times during a rain storm I'd sit and play and just start crying over the beautiful sound that my fingertips were creating and many times I would hit record and just play for hours with the recording button on, only to crash my entire computer and rage with frustration.

This record also challenged me to be better. I wasn't good enough to play what I felt when I started, and I still am not. There are several mistakes I left in this record because I want it to be raw and visceral. Nobody is perfect, and neither is this album. Lastly, if you are going to listen to this album, I genuinely request you listen from start to finish and stick with me through the happy times, the sad times, the uplifting moments, the tragedies, the love, but mainly, the times that show us we are human.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate you listening to it. And please dont hesitate to spread this album to anyone and everyone if you enjoy it. I’m looking forward to hearing your reviews over this album. Thank you again, be safe this winter, and here’s to a good future sevenstring!

http://www.4shared.com/file/Obg2DlWW/ColorsToChloe-ZacharyHuff.html
    CD Details
    Name – Colors to Chloe
    Length – 45:55
    Genre – Easy listening / Minimal / Ambient
    Track Listing

1. New Beginnings
    2. Colors
    3. Hope
    4. Smoke and Ice
    5. Snowflake
    6. Tension
    7. Campfires
    8. Wintersleep
    9. Chloe I
    10. Chloe II
    11. In Closing

Special thanks to, in no particular order, Dan Waldkirch, Scott Harris, Zachary Crowder, Mike McKinley, Mark Huff, Chloe Jennings, Devin Howard, Lucas Roman, Native Instruments, Bobby Marshall, Logan Pollaro, Teamliquid, Yamaha, Beared Barista, my secret love, my family, and my friends I left out.

P.S. If you feel the desire to donate money to this poor artist, contact me for PayPal details, anything counts.

P.P.S. If you are curious what it sounds like before you download here is a link to the first song streaming. HERE

Normal Link
    Direct Link

Tree, prh, Customisbetter and 6 others like this.
  2. BlackMetalVenom

BlackMetalVenom Vallz und Veinaz

Finally, been waiting for this since your last post about it. Thanks! :D

3. IamOthello

I hope you enjoy it! And no, thank you for downloading it!

4. Empryrean

Empryrean Constantly Gassing

Downloading, I can't wait to hear this!!

5. IamOthello

I hope you enjoy it! Thanks!

6. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

I'm downloading this, now. I'm excited to hear it, and I've already linked it on facebook. :yesway:

7. IamOthello

Thanks man! Unfortunately it got placed in recording studio, and that generally gets overlooked unless it has the name djent in the topic. Haha

I hope you enjoy it!

8. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

I'm listening to this, now. And I am really liking it. It's nice and mellow. :yesway:

EDIT: Just finished listening to this. I have to say, wow. I am absolutely amazed, dude. :yesway:

9. IamOthello

Thank you for the kind words, buddy! I am infinitely glad you liked it, please continue to share it!

10. IamOthello

serious shameless bump.

11. Kheros

Kheros Seasons Change

So true.
    I really enjoyed listening to this. I'm a huge fan of good instrumental piano work, and you nailed it. I could really feel what you were feeling at the time you played it, which is a very important part when I listen to music. I need to feel what the artist felt. I especially liked the track 'Tension' and the two 'Chloe' pieces. Keep it up man.

12. IamOthello

Thanks, man! That's exactly what I set out to accomplish, glad you think I did!

Unfortunately, it's not in general music and there are a quite a few people who wanted to hear this release that don't read this area of the forums. Sigh.

13. GATA4

GATA4 Banned

Hey Zachary,

I've recently downloaded your album, and I've been listening to it ever since.

There are some times when you don't know what to say about music you're hearing...it's just too beautiful, and this is one of those times for me haha...it's almost like all I can say is "thank you" for writing this. I really want to tell you that you're a talented guy, but I almost feel like it wouldn't matter to say such a thing. I think this music is WAY past talent...it's at your core, it's you.

The moment i peeked into "New Beginnings," the MOMENT I tell you, I felt chills run up my back...it was just amazing. You've really made an amazing piece of art.

Just as Kheros said, I can sense your feelings through each song...you've fulfilled the greatest objective of music, and art for that matter: to convey a feeling, emotion, or idea.

So, like I said earlier, thank you for writing this and sharing it with us. I hope the messages and emotions you convey in this music reach as many people as possible.

EDIT - I followed your request and listened to the album in one entire sitting :). I love doing that.

14. IamOthello

I can't find the right words to respond to what you said. I appreciate it so much.

I've posted my album on a few corners of the internet, and I'm getting feedback like this everywhere and it's just so surreal... I'm a 19 year old kid living in a town with a population of 4,500 in midwest Indiana. I never even assumed people would care to listen to what I've made all the way through and it makes me feel so good that people like yourself have. Compliments on these just inspire me to continue on making music I love, and hopefully you will continue to enjoy my music.

Thanks man, really.

15. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

Only heard the first track and downloading now. It sounds amazing so far. I'm glad I'm part of a forum that can display the br00talz as well as the most heartfelt and serious tracks. :cheers:

EDIT: Also sent a report to move this thread back to general music.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  16. prh

prh Plini

man this is amazing, huge huge props! ill put it on my ipod and listen to it many times :D

question: why do member's finished EPs/albums get moved to "recording studio", but threads about other artist's releases stay in general music discussion?

17. IamOthello

Thanks man! I agree, this forum is so open to anything.

and another thanks for sending that report.

Thank you so much! I am excited you'll be taking me places! haha.

And I wonder the same thing. This thread wasn't made to talk about the recording quality or anything studio related about my music. It was to discuss the content and give it to you all.

thanks!

18. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Great stuff, listen to it before I sleep (which is a good thing :) )

19. IamOthello

Phenomenal! I hope it helped you sleep and, equally so, I hoped you enjoyed it!

20. loktide

loktide dotlike Contributor

i can't give this a listen at work unfortunately, but i was deeply amused by this part of the thread title:

"My free full length inside"

:lol: