COD Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by MAJ Meadows SF, Aug 11, 2014.

1. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

your front yard, staring into your window
    Watch The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Reveal Live - GameSpot

So, the annual CoD game news is ramping up with a big multiplayer reveal. It looks interesting with a lot of custom options. But looking at the game play, all it amounts to IMO is CoD trying to be Halo and Crysis. Nothing revolutionary. I love Halo and Crysis, but don't want it in CoD games. Just my opinion. Also, I don't want people to know my loadouts. Apparently these guys never heard of OPSEC. It's a game, I know, and a step forward, but beyond the campaign not one I'll likely visit much. I'd prefer a Vietnam, Korea, or even a WWII reboot on the new consoles. I guess that's why I liked the newer MOH games, plus having been to Afghanistan there's a unique perspective.

The graphics look slick and smooth, but the game play isn't enticing me like past inceptions did. Guess I'll wait to see what happens with the next Ghost install, and look forward to Halo 5 in the meantime. It's just not quite CoD anymore. What do you guys think of it?

2. MFB

MFB Banned

That's ALL this new Call of Duty is doing: picking and choosing what to rip off from other FPS multiplayers. When they first revealed it, all I could think was, "OK, so it's like the exosuit from Elysium mixed with Ghost Recon-esque power ups. They also move like Titanfall players, so there's that. What's unique to this?"

3. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

Hmmmm....All I see is jetpacks (Tribes), shields (Halo), seeker grenades (tons of future FPS games, including Borderlands), Boost to keep from fall damage (Firefall, Planetside), quick strafing (tons of FPS titles), Destructibility (battlefield), and several other minuscule details that are not worth mentioning that have also probably been taken from previous games.

I'm also willing to bet that the layout and overall feel for Multiplayer will be a clone of every other CoD game since Modern Warfare 2, just like Call of Duty has been for the past 7 years.

I mean, usually people buy the games for the Multiplayer part of it, but god damn, can't you change things up AT ALL?
    Ever since Modern Warfare 2 gave CoD it's first "multi-million dollar" layout for multiplayer, the only things that have been changed in ANY CoD game are perks, killstreaks, and maps. They may add a weapon or two, take out a weapon or two, but THAT'S IT.

I honestly can't fathom how in the mortal fvck people can still play that monotonously bland franchise anymore.

Captain Butterscotch likes this.
  4. Captain Butterscotch

Captain Butterscotch SS.org Regular

:wub:

5. MFB

MFB Banned

I do the same with FPS franchises that I do with sports games, buy one every ten years. That way I can at least SEE the changes made, and hopefully the physics are different too.

Last CoD I played was MW3 and before that it was Black Ops; both of which I got far too heavily into, breaking into top 10% (maybe 5%, I was right around player #10,000 when I left each).

6. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Wait.....didn't I buy this game this past March? Oh yeah, that was Titanfall.

Master Chief Collection for me come November. Cannot friggin' wait to finally play Halo 1 multiplayer again and Halo 2 for that matter.

7. guitaardvark

guitaardvark SS.org Regular

When will they stop? Like seriously, one of these games a year is pretty ridiculous, especially since they went way downhill after MW2 (arguably BO)

8. ferret

ferret Not worthy

As much as I want to say otherwise, I'll probably buy it day one.

Because it's what all my friends will be playing.

9. Cabinet

Cabinet :O

Call of Duty now has a very peculiar fanbase that has altered its business model for their product. The producers put out a new game every year because the game before that gets old in 9 months. The replay value on these games are low and even the dedicated fans will grow bored of them quickly. In order to keep their profits up, they need to put out a new game every year.

Look how Battlefield did when they tried to pump out games that quickly; they were disappointing. Bad Company 2 is still a very popular title, and Battlefield 3 is, from what I have read, more popular than Battlefield 4. They tried to mimic the new Call of Duty business model and as a result their end pieces have suffered (personally I think Battlefield 3 is the bees knees).

I am not expecting much out of this game because every trailer hypes these new CoD games more than what they end up being. To really draw in a larger fanbase, they'll have to create the next gen Modern Warfare and bring something new to the table. That won't be easy since Modern Warfare really did push the industry forward for war simulation (until Bad Company 2 came along ;))

10. fwd0120

fwd0120 Bipedal Hominid

Ugh. Can't wait for CoD to make another historical FPS... this is feeling kinda old.

11. Korbain

Korbain Stay negative!

Yep, either COD or BF needs to make another ww2 game! We're all over the whole modern combat thing, and this well...it's set in the future i guess. But its pretty much titanfall/crysis/cod all mashed into one. It's nothing really fresh.

It's not suprise though, even with 3 separate developers making the COD games now, they're still going to be terrible. They're coming out every god damn year, take a break, focus on something brilliant and ground breaking...

It's very disappointing with how much more powerful the new gen consoles are (and pc's obviously) they're putting out shit that isn't pushing any boundaries.

Would love COD to give less linear levels. Gives us a bigger playground, a good story, and put it in ww2 :p COD is all about the multiplayer now though, which sucks :(

12. ferret

ferret Not worthy

Well the reason we're not getting historical FPS games is because there was a point where we were tired of that too :p

13. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Last COD game I bought was MW2. Ever since then, I've received BO, MW3, and BO2 as gifts. I still play BO2 just because I like playing HCTDM a lot, but that's usually for 3 or 4 matches, then I get bored and wait 2 weeks to get back on. loqtrall pretty much hit the nail on the head for me.

14. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

I played a lot of BO2 because I really liked the pick 10 system that they had for it. However, I haven't liked story mode for these games since the first Modern Warfare. Seriously, they all suck ass and it's painfully obvious that all the developers care about is their multiplayer cash cow. I didn't bother buying Ghosts and I probably won't buy this one either. Even though FPS is my favorite genre of games, I feel like there is a MAJOR over-saturation of fps games at the moment and they all seem to rip each other off.

The only fps game I really dig at the moment is Borderlands 2 and that's because it has RPG elements and a great story to go along with it. Beyond that, games like the CoD franchise seem dull, repetitive, and are pretty much killing off the fps genre. :2c: