Chris Broderick Pick Clip available to purchase!

Maniacal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not worth it. It totally changes how I pick and I feel like I don't connect with the pick in the same way. I can see the use if you are mainly a tapper and want to have a pick at the ready.

So yeah, this will go in my drawer along with my other hundreds of picks I no longer use.

Alex6534

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got mine through yesterday, have to say I am liking it so far. It does feel weird but I'm getting use to it. It's pretty awesome to not go "Where the fuck is my pick?" an I find I can ascending sweeps with just my thumb now leaving my other fingers free to prepare to tap. An my right hand is a lot more relaxed now. I JUST got the Jazz III max grip to fit but it still needs some adjustments. Thinking of trying the XL version and see if that is any better as just now the attachment for the thumb catches the strings sometimes if my hand is too close to the strings.

4Eyes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got mine today. I had to shape it little bit to fit on my thumb perfectly. it's great, I don't have any problems with pinch harmonics and I found out that my right hand and overall playing is just more relaxed, because I can hold pick very slightly with my index finger and don't have to stress about dropping it :)

304400_4654249804128_1854708081_n.jpg

SnowfaLL

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Finally received my 5, seem pretty cool. Love getting Chris' signature too. Good guy.

I am hoping to enjoy the Red Bear thumbpicks I bought once I get them (cost of ONE was as much as 5 of these pick clips lol) but I can see myself really enjoying this also, get to change up the pick easily to whatever type I want.

Recommended for someone whos looking to experiment

Jzbass25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love the sig pick that came with it, I really don't notice any change in my picking from the clip, but now I can open my hand and not drop my pick. I dont have any problems with it except I keep hitting the backbutton on my mouse with it on!

metallkrieg

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got mine a week or so ago and I still haven't got the time to try it properly... but I love the pick!

I've been using Dunlop Jazz III for a really long time but 5 minutes with this pick and suddenly every note is clearer and tighter!

Can you guys tell me if the Chris Broderick Sig Pick is equivalent to these Dunlop Tortex Sharp 1,35?

Thanks!

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
I got mine a week or so ago and I still haven't got the time to try it properly... but I love the pick!

I've been using Dunlop Jazz III for a really long time but 5 minutes with this pick and suddenly every note is clearer and tighter!

Can you guys tell me if the Chris Broderick Sig Pick is equivalent to these Dunlop Tortex Sharp 1,35?

Thanks!

Yes they're Tortex Sharps, he mentions he uses Sharps himself in a vid. Not sure about the gauge, but I think that's correct.

So yeah, this will go in my drawer along with my other hundreds of picks I no longer use.

Can I have them so I don't have to wait for the store to be up again? I don't wanna wait for the store to open up again. :lol:

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Bump time! :bump:

If you signed up for the mailing list, you should have an e-mail giving you a link and password to get it waiting for you. I just ordered mine, it came out to $16.58 including shipping, but international is more. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

guitarfreak1387

squirrel chaser
Reaction score
I can't see paying that for a single pick. I'll just stick with my modified Dunlop thumb pick that's been reshaped to a jazz3.

79 cent thumb pick. A little sand paper. 5 minutes. Seems like a better deal to me.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
*bump*

Hey guys long time no see, so I just bought one of these and got it the other day and was having mixed (mostly negative) feelings about jazz 3s being too small and it messing up my "technique". I decided to check here and see if people had snatched these up and their opinions and it seems a lot people shared my feelings about it.

Since the thing was gonna end up in a drawer somewhere at this rate and its pretty malleable I decided to take some pliers and a bolt cutter to it, wouldn't be my first time mutilating picks or pick related stuff to tailor it to what works for me.

Results:
312v9fb.jpg
2lt6elf.jpg
2nr2g3.jpg

Pretty much works as I imagined it now, is nice. There's still 2 of the 5 little pointies that were on the bottom, the other 3 really weren't making any contact with the pick and the furthest one forward was straight up sticking out from the side of the pick when I had it at the angle I wanted so I just chopped that whole section away. Between the 2 pointies and that little fold in the back the pick doesn't budge and I have the angle I'm accustomed to with the pick I prefer and I bent the top part to be comfortable yet snug on my thumb.

Good stuff.

Just figured I'd throw this up there for you guys who shared my feelings on it but hadn't thought to mutilate the thing. You may want to give it a shot as I'm enjoying it a lot now and it only took me about 10 minutes of fiddling.

ManOnTheEdge

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mine arrived today - Birthday present to myself, i'll be testing it out when i get home later

I bought it purely because I want to be able to relax my picking hand more and i also play with my fingers on my right hand fanned.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
By the way. I did try this with Jazz III XLs. Works much better than standard Jazz IIIs and the tip is the same. So, that is a winning solution.

However, I'm still not sure if it's something I want to stick with. Every now and then I find myself trying to use it. It feels pretty natural except when sweeping. If you change pick angle for certain techniques then no longer being able to feels pretty alien.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
How many folks that got these use them like a thumb-pick? Can you play finger-style/hybrid using your thumb w/o your index finger holding the pick also?

Ray

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
It can be done. You just have to tighten it enough, is all.

It's a bit fidgety to adjust is all, since you have to bend the metal. It also can easily be squished out of shape.

Ginsu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How many folks that got these use them like a thumb-pick? Can you play finger-style/hybrid using your thumb w/o your index finger holding the pick also?

Ray

I just got mine today, and I'm learning how to do that right now. I use Black Ice picks, which are very small, and I have large thumbs, and adjusting is annoying. I'm trying to start picking with JUST my thumb, since speed is about economy of motion...moving just my thumb to pick would be less movement than my whole hand, no?