Choptones Friedman pack for Overloud TH-U Rig Player! Awesome

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by vejichan, Oct 13, 2019.

1. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

I bought the Friedman pack from choptones from over loud th-u and it's great. I have owned be100, tried all sorts of different Friedman ampsims from axefx, kemper and kazrog and helix. I have tried amp packs from choptones and they were all legit. I believe they got the Friedman sound nailed. I ended up playing the Friedman pack for the last 3 hrs and forgot that I was using an amp sim. Honestly was on the fence of buying anymore amp sims because I have already been disappointed with alot of purchaes...from guitar rig 5 pro, amplitube, bias etc...i still like kazrog/ mercurial. Any other fans of th-u?

Elric and jbacolyte like this.
  2. trem licking

trem licking SS.org Regular

Yup, TH-U is the best overall ampsim I have tried. Holds up to everything in feel and sound, and these rig packs add another option to the already excellent modeling included in the original amps

3. jbacolyte

jbacolyte SS.org Regular

I have been absolutely loving the mkv pack they just put out. Lots of great mesa sounds. I never owned a kemper though so Im learning to use the rig player controls still.

any tips?

4. Dans

Dans Dans_Epitomʎ

Their Friedman and Fortin packs are crazy good. Digging the Rig Player more and more these days, and probably prefer them to the stock amps in TH-U because they just sound great without much matching cabs or tweaking knobs.

5. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

GReat that we have so many fans for this product. I have picked up the friedman, Suhr, Peavey and ADA MP-1 Pack.. like them all. One thing i can say is that it's very organic sounding. You almost forget that you are playing thru a plugin. Very responsive. Very similar to the feel and sound of the kemper. How's the fortin pack? i'm thinking about getting that as well

6. jbacolyte

jbacolyte SS.org Regular

Which one is the fortin pack? The Randal satan?

7. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

Yes, which ones did you get? which do you recommend? for me i would say definitely the peavey one and friedman. Still trying the Suhr and ADA.. THat peavy pack though, i have owned the 5150 and 6505 and it's spot on

8. jbacolyte

jbacolyte SS.org Regular

I havent gone through them all yet but I have the Friedman, Randal, Brit 67, Engl, Peavey and Mesa.

My favorites so far have been the HBE profiles in the Friedman pack and the Mesa Mark profiles. I am still trying to learn how to include the mesa eq with the profiles. just a graphic after the profile you think?

Glad theres users here. I have not had much chance to discuss these products with anyone. Do any of you have a kemper? I think these tones are the best feeling and sounding ive ever experienced in a sim

9. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

Agreed, the feel and sound is there but i notice that tweaking the existing presets usually hurts the overall tone/sound. So i just add eq or tubescreamer to alter the sound the way i like it. I know there are tons of other amp sims manufacturer for Djent/metalcore/downtuning but i'm so glad there are amp sims for us 80's hair metal guys.

10. jbacolyte

jbacolyte SS.org Regular

Yeah i would always go eq before adjusting tone stack.

I actually like the "Kemper" knobs like definition and clarity. they have a pretty nice affect on tone.

11. Elric

Elric SS.org Regular

+1 on THU and the rig player. I am buying these packs like there is no tomorrow, LOL. Loving it.

Just got the new MP1 pack last week and saw a second set Vai Legacy, etc. Just came out. Also looks like they are getting suppliers other than Choptones in the mix which is nice...

The rig player takes THU to the next level for me. Great stuff.

trem licking likes this.
  12. jbacolyte

jbacolyte SS.org Regular

who other than choptones??

13. Elric

Elric SS.org Regular

Marco Fanton has a rig player pack on offer now.

14. jbacolyte

jbacolyte SS.org Regular

would love to see more studios get in on this

Elric likes this.