Chocolate thunder from down under

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My second wife was a phlebotomist. You can make serious money doing that, it's a short cert and it seems like it's pretty easy to get jobs. The Blood Bank is "entry level" phlebotomy job, at least here anyway, which means they don't pay that great and they can't keep anyone worth a shit on staff. Seems like it's an easy career to get into if you're motivated.

Exwife switched to working for the govt in a military hospital, much better pay.
Same with truck driving I will have to go over the road at first and no make great money just on money and be gone a lot for weeks at a time

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Same with truck driving I will have to go over the road at first and no make great money just on money and be gone a lot for weeks at a time

\My good friend drives truck, you're making the right call trying to find a "next job." It's good money but extremely hard on your body sitting for such long periods. He delivers beer and stuff too. It's a young folks' game for sure.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
\My good friend drives truck, you're making the right call trying to find a "next job." It's good money but extremely hard on your body sitting for such long periods. He delivers beer and stuff too. It's a young folks' game for sure.
Lol my first job out of high school was working for them Budweiser warehouses but I just rode with the driver and helped him unload all of the shit… those food vendor jobs don’t pay at all… he needs to do some oilfield stuff or something

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
You have to be careful with those trucking jobs. Sometimes the fine print on the contract will stick you paying for maintenance and/or covering wear and tear on the company's truck. So maybe you make $60k, but get stuck paying repair bills for $30k, meaning you are essentially making $14/hour. It's not always the case, but it happens often enough that there are plenty of documented warnings from people who fell for that ploy.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You have to be careful with those trucking jobs. Sometimes the fine print on the contract will stick you paying for maintenance and/or covering wear and tear on the company's truck. So maybe you make $60k, but get stuck paying repair bills for $30k, meaning you are essentially making $14/hour. It's not always the case, but it happens often enough that there are plenty of documented warnings from people who fell for that ploy.
Well… I don’t have 30k I will have to ask about that when I go back to class though… also got to watch out for company’s trying to get you to haul stuff illegally and how they load the truck all kinds of shady stuff ask you to haul some hazmat even though your not endorsed just wierd stuff like that but I ain’t paying no maintenence though

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lol my first job out of high school was working for them Budweiser warehouses but I just rode with the driver and helped him unload all of the shit… those food vendor jobs don’t pay at all… he needs to do some oilfield stuff or something

Most of them are trash, yeah. He's on a Teamster gig, which is pretty alright compared to the other distributor jobs. If it's not union/teamster, absolutely Do Not.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Most of them are trash, yeah. He's on a Teamster gig, which is pretty alright compared to the other distributor jobs. If it's not union/teamster, absolutely Do Not.
One time it was New Years and we dropped off 500 cases bud light 500 cases Budweiser and we had to stack it in rows outside tuckers beer store so the store could check it in. The moment I dropped the last stack of ten it wobbled and one fell off to the left and then the whole stack fell to the front and did a domino effect and knocked over all a thousand cases. 😂😂😂😂😂 that’s some creepy mcpeepers shit for ya

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
One time it was New Years and we dropped off 500 cases bud light 500 cases Budweiser and we had to stack it in rows outside tuckers beer store so the store could check it in. The moment I dropped the last stack of ten it wobbled and one fell off to the left and then the whole stack fell to the front and did a domino effect and knocked over all a thousand cases. 😂😂😂😂😂 that’s some creepy mcpeepers shit for ya

That's fucking brutal hahaha. Will def tell my buddy when he comes over to jam on Saturday.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man I went on a bender guys. It started when I started experiencing extreme pain in my hand. Numbness of the hands. Extreme pain shooting up the wrist. Pain in the hand. A tingling sensation. I have missed a lot of school. They said I’m allowed to come back. I am disappointed to say I broke down and said fuck it and did drugs. To make the pain bearable. I think I may be getting carpel tunnel syndorome. My hand is doing better after a week or two of inflammation pills. It still feels somewhat numb.
But uhh I feel disappointed in my self for getting high on drugs that were not pot. Most of all I feel dissapointed cause I had some of the highest scores of my class and they are gonna be graduating this week, and I’m going back to restart week 3 with a new class. They know the reason I missed was because of my hand hurting. But then I just kept doing drugs and I’m sitting here like wtf did I do.
See this is why they should just make it were people can smoke pot outside of work.
Because I’m a fucking drug addict and I quit weed
to get a good job. But the pressure of life makes me do other drugs because they get out of my system in a shorter time. But yea
I’m a drug addict, no matter how long I stay clean.
I can’t touch anything except pot. The one thing that mellows me out and keeps me on a even keel. But I can’t even touch that because of the department of transportation. I don’t wana drive a truck. I just need the money and don’t really have skills or people skills either. So I guess that’s why I’m doing it.
I feel like a piece of shit.
So tommorow I’m going back because I overslept today. I tried to go to sleep at 330am last night to wake up at 530 am but instead I woke up at 9am

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man I went on a bender guys. It started when I started experiencing extreme pain in my hand. Numbness of the hands. Extreme pain shooting up the wrist. Pain in the hand. A tingling sensation. I have missed a lot of school. They said I’m allowed to come back. I am disappointed to say I broke down and said fuck it and did drugs. To make the pain bearable. I think I may be getting carpel tunnel syndorome. My hand is doing better after a week or two of inflammation pills. It still feels somewhat numb.
But uhh I feel disappointed in my self for getting high on drugs that were not pot. Most of all I feel dissapointed cause I had some of the highest scores of my class and they are gonna be graduating this week, and I’m going back to restart week 3 with a new class. They know the reason I missed was because of my hand hurting. But then I just kept doing drugs and I’m sitting here like wtf did I do.
See this is why they should just make it were people can smoke pot outside of work.
Because I’m a fucking drug addict and I quit weed
to get a good job. But the pressure of life makes me do other drugs because they get out of my system in a shorter time. But yea
I’m a drug addict, no matter how long I stay clean.
I can’t touch anything except pot. The one thing that mellows me out and keeps me on a even keel. But I can’t even touch that because of the department of transportation. I don’t wana drive a truck. I just need the money and don’t really have skills or people skills either. So I guess that’s why I’m doing it.
I feel like a piece of shit.
So tommorow I’m going back because I overslept today. I tried to go to sleep at 330am last night to wake up at 530 am but instead I woke up at 9am

Don't be hard on yourself. You're having a hard time, you went on a bender, now you're not doing drugs again. Be proud of that, I'm proud of you and glad you're checking in.

I went on a bender last month when I went to visit family. it got dramatic in a bad way, much as I expected it to, and I decided to just give myself a pass to drink about it the entire time I was there. I came back home and haven't had a drop since.

Also yeah I'm not a doctor but that sounds like carpal tunnel. I am currently dealing with that as well. Be aware that it never "goes away," it's a congenital issue and you will be prone to it for the rest of your life so you have to be careful. Ice on the wrist/lower hand helps a lot with the acute numbness, at least in my case. In general you want to stretch before any physical activity and ice after. You'll also probably need to take some time off guitar. But again I am not a doctor.

Anti-inflammatories are a godsend but remember that if you can't feel pain, you can't feel when you're making something worse. Be careful and listen to your body.

Also if your wrist gets re-injured at a job make sure you're on top of your injury reports. Even if it's "pre-existing," (which they only know if you tell them) you're still very likely to get comp if it gets aggravated by work. I would never have been able to afford physical therapy for my carpal tunnel without workers comp. You have to be persistent with comp claims, assume nobody will help you and act accordingly.

Good luck, I'm rooting for you.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Don't be hard on yourself. You're having a hard time, you went on a bender, now you're not doing drugs again. Be proud of that, I'm proud of you and glad you're checking in.

I went on a bender last month when I went to visit family. it got dramatic in a bad way, much as I expected it to, and I decided to just give myself a pass to drink about it the entire time I was there. I came back home and haven't had a drop since.

Also yeah I'm not a doctor but that sounds like carpal tunnel. I am currently dealing with that as well. Be aware that it never "goes away," it's a congenital issue and you will be prone to it for the rest of your life so you have to be careful. Ice on the wrist/lower hand helps a lot with the acute numbness, at least in my case. In general you want to stretch before any physical activity and ice after. You'll also probably need to take some time off guitar. But again I am not a doctor.

Anti-inflammatories are a godsend but remember that if you can't feel pain, you can't feel when you're making something worse. Be careful and listen to your body.

Also if your wrist gets re-injured at a job make sure you're on top of your injury reports. Even if it's "pre-existing," (which they only know if you tell them) you're still very likely to get comp if it gets aggravated by work. I would never have been able to afford physical therapy for my carpal tunnel without workers comp. You have to be persistent with comp claims, assume nobody will help you and act accordingly.

Good luck, I'm rooting for you.
Yea man I also fell one night I slipped in some mud and the next day is when it was hurting. I did get a X-ray and the hospitals did say bones were bruised. But I wasn’t sure if I hit my hand and it didn’t hurt when it happened. Since then the pain has got way less and the only thing that is left is numbness in my pointer pain ears only sometimes pain usually in the morning. So I’m not sure if it had to do with that. But I have been experiencing numbness of the fingers for a years now. So I’m not sure what it is. But the doctors did tell me that my potassium levels where way to high and I should probably go to the er lol. So I also found another thing that kidney problems can cause numbness and pain in the limbs and my dad had kidney problems. So I have no idea what it is but it’s a lot better now so I’m going back to school tommorow. I played guitar a lot last night. I got blisters all over my fingers. I made up some really kool rffs

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dude that was
Creepy just needs a little Veronica in his life.

fucking inspiring as fuck!!!!
Sometimes when I’m lost in life I watch the scene of the lion king where mufassa tells simba about the stars are there ancestors the great kings of the past. This is gonna be my new inspiring movie scene to life me up for when I have being a piece of shit

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Here is some of my favorite inspirational internet, Skeletor is Love:

1664908290083.jpeg

2.jpg

tumblr_n3o19kHz2y1s46h7vo1_1280.jpg