Children of Bodom/Bodom after Midnight Megathread (RIP Alexi)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Black Mamba, Sep 23, 2012.

1. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Well maybe that's still it then. Because he said he has something ready to release but he can't announce it just yet. And cool, I always really liked Tommy's vocals. (if someone doesn't know, he's the vocalist of MyGrain)

2. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

That's weird that someone other than Daniel is doing the vocals. His were actually pretty good on both of their albums.

3. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Maybe he just doesn't like to sing, but just never found a separate vocalist? But yeah, I agree, his vocals were pretty good.

4. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

From Facebook. Pretty confirming what everyone has already thought.

[​IMG]

5. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

Sad. Also strange seeing Janne break the silence. I'm eager to hear comments from the band.

Just thinking out loud here, but addiction is a tricky thing.

I discussed the Alexi story with a relative who also had an addiction they were trying to quit (tobacco) and their comments were interesting. Their partner often contributed negatively to the effort, as they also smoked. It takes two to tango, of course, but both of them being addicts, (even if at different levels) tangoing suddenly became A LOT more difficult. For them it was never a conscious decision to lead each other on a downward spiral, but more of a consequence of the addiction. There was never ill intention. Seeking help is a monumental task for a person in that condition, let alone helping someone else that partakes in your own problem when your gut doesn't even understand that it IS, indeed, a problem. It's taken them a tremendous amount of effort and mutual support to quit together, and they've both gotten much better at it these days. They were pretty compassionate with Alexi's story, if anything, more than I thought they'd be.

Now, I have no clue if Alexi's wife is an alcoholic, but that's hard to know without being close to her, as some addicts struggle even recognizing themselves as such. I'm not saying she had no moral obligation to help Alexi quit regardless of her own condition, nor am I attesting to her having genuinely good intentions... or bad ones.

All I'm really saying is that I find it hard to pass judgement when I'm not close to the situation and when 90% of the information I have is from people on social media who, for all I know, could be anybody. The devil really is in the detail when it comes to substance abuse.

NotDonVito and Ataraxia2320 like this.
  6. NotDonVito

NotDonVito molesta la breastas

I don't know how these "interviews" or statements are going to be presented, but I particularly trust Janne's word of mouth on things as he doesn't filter himself much. Like when he and Alexi did that live stream and he answered a question about how much they get paid for a gig while Alexi was trying to shut him up lol.

Alberto7 likes this.
  7. Alberto7

Link to that interview, please! :lol: I love seeing stuff like that from them.

But yeah, the whole drama is evolving quite a bit on FB. Apparently that post up there (now deleted) had a direct response from Alexi's sister asking Janne not to disclose any more on that site, and then random fans getting involved arguing with Alexi's sister, to which she replied.

The whole thing being publicized like this on social media is a bit demented, honestly. When someone dies and they aren't my family, I let their family deal with their shit in peace, unless they specifically want my help. This is nuts.

8. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Agreed. While I don't really give a shit about Alexi's recent whatever (not sure what you'd call her, the one from Australia), his family deserves to be treated better than that. Absolutely whack.

9. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Kinda surprised to hear Janne say that Alexi was the one who wanted to disband Bodom. I always assumed it was something of the other way around where the other guys in the band wanted to step away from touring life or didn't wanna support Alexi's bad habits any further. Wonder what led to him getting back on the sauce the last few years.

10. NotDonVito

NotDonVito molesta la breastas

CHILDREN OF BODOM - Live Fan Q&A Interview with Alexi Laiho & Janne Wirman - YouTube @ 21:00 :lol:

Alberto7 likes this.
  11. Alberto7

Dope, thanks! Will probably watch this to fall asleep to :lol:

In other news, I've made a quick return to YouTube, it seems. It only took me 11 years to catch up to the times!
    No more recording using my cellphone's camera, or anything like that.
    The video editing is pretty wonky though; it's my first time doing it, and I accidentally checked the "stabilize" box while exporting it, and it made it sort of... "vibrate". :ugh:
    Oh well. Too much effort to redo, and I don't care enough. :lol:
    Love the song!

feilong29, narad, p0ke and 3 others like this.
  12. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Addictions can be hard to truly give up. Hell, look at James Hetfield going back to rehab a year or two ago.

Or god forbid Kim was right and his 2nd wife encouraged him to start up bad habits again.

13. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

works0fheart likes this.
  14. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I'm especially digging that Eläkeläiset-sticker on that one :lol: Yeah, if someone wants a strings through body version, then that's probably the best one they'll ever find. Personally, I just think it looks wrong on the guitar. If you want a fixed bridged, the Mick Thomson thing would suit it much better!

That was spot on! Nice work.

Alberto7 and Jarmake like this.
  15. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

Got to have that humppaava poro!

16. Alberto7

Solo uumm Alexi's personal and touring gear is being auctioned off at MusaMaailma now:

https://www.musamaailma.fi/fi/alexi-laiho-gear-auction

As much as I would love to get a piece of it... I can't even justify the starting prices, let alone the kinds of offers they will probably receive.

That, and I still don't know who this money is going to, and there's certain people I am uncomfortable giving my money to that are part of this whole thing.

My mouth waters regardless...

17. Alberto7

Thanks man! I had tons of fun with that. :)

18. ArtDecade

ArtDecade John Bohlinger's Dank Stash

Geez. They are dumping off his stuff pretty quick.

works0fheart likes this.
  19. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Yeah, agreed on all accounts.

20. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

Inb4 that one British asshole buys theme everything and brags about it on Youtube.

Nevertheless, that article made me sad. Not because of the fact the gear is on sale. But there is something sad that the man is gone, but the gear is still there. I had the same feeling when watching footage from Chernobyl or Fukushima and seeing how people left behind their belongings. :(