Children of Bodom/Bodom after Midnight Megathread (RIP Alexi)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Black Mamba, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Of course she does. She is a nobody.

2. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

3. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

Shit's getting nastier now with all these public accusations... I'll be watching from the sidelines.

In the meantime, excuse me while I go play with this pretty lady that just came through my door:

IMG_20210308_204632_exported_1615263935952.jpg
    MVIMG_20210308_180747.jpg

4. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

I've always loved the white scythe -model... It's the best looking of all of Alexi's esp guitars. How much did that edwards set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

Ataraxia2320 likes this.
  5. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

That looks fast as fuck, congrats man! I personally like the black with white pinstripe color scheme more (I even used to have one), but that one would be my second choice. I'd take almost any of his guitars though, the more recent yellow one is maybe the only one I'd pass on.

setsuna7 likes this.
  6. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Please be Naildown! He would have learned so much from being in Norther and COB that he could write a great follow up to Dreamcrusher.

2 songs and a cover with nothing left over. I was hoping there was something left over they could edit together but at least that’s confirmation there isn’t more music to be released. He says Alexi doesn’t do demos but in another interview Alexi said he makes a demo before showing the other guys their parts.

p0ke likes this.
  7. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I guess people have different opinions about what constitutes a demo? I'm having a very hard time imagining Alexi programming drums etc, so maybe he just recorded riffs into storage and considered that a demo, whereas Daniel would just call those riffs in storage?
    Anyway, it's a shame if there wasn't any more, but at least there won't be any speculation about whether they should record and release them without Alexi and if so, how different from his intentions they would sound without him.

I'd say it's likely, because he posted some studio teaser pics on Facebook before he joined COB that gave the impression that it's all written and mostly recorded too.
    Been waiting for that follow up since... well, since Dreamcrusher :lol:

works0fheart likes this.
  8. NotDonVito

NotDonVito molesta la breastas

I might have read somewhere that Alexi used a 4 track recorder at home. As Mr. Freyberg puts it, he was old school.

setsuna7, works0fheart and p0ke like this.
  9. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I suppose it depends what you see as a demo. Maybe at that stage in his career he was able to just walk in and tell everyone their parts with bpm, bars etc. Daniel might see demos as going into a studio and laying everything down before heading to the studio.

I hope so. Dreamcrusher was an awesome mix of death, power and even grunge elements that should have got way more attention.

10. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I recall reading that too.

That's exactly what I meant. For me for example, demo usually means a finished song but the recording is just a bedroom version. If I'm just recording a riff or section of riffs to remember, it's not a demo, it's more like a note. But someone might think different.

Agreed! Like I've told a few times here, I had the pleasure of booking Naildown for a show on their Dreamcrusher tour and they totally seemed like all they'd need was some luck and they would've been ready to conquer the world. Maybe they were a bit too humble for their own good, if anything.

My main memory from said show is this song from their debut, it sounded a lot better live:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Lorcan Ward and works0fheart like this.
  11. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

^That song has such a killer solo. I actually like that album more than Dreamcrusher personally, but before are very good.

12. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

IMO Dreamcrusher has a bit more personality, but both are definitely quality material :)

13. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

I never listened to Naildown but uhhh now I can see why Alexi picked Daniel to replace Roope. That song right there sounds like it would be a Hatebreeder/HCDR B-side.

14. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

I know it's been a bit and long past the point, but I'm still sad about Roope quitting. I remember when he first joined I was so hyped for the music going forward since I loved them as a duo (Alexi and Roope) in Sinergy.

15. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

Alberto7 likes this.
  16. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

17. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

Even the vocals sound like Alexi. I had to look up if it was actually him. Apparently, it's Daniel. :eek:

18. HeHasTheJazzHands

I'm curious if either that's the actual case, or he just tried to stylize the guitar to go with the aesthetic.

19. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

This is dope!

However, how did we begin speculating that this might be a new signature model? The author is just a graphic designer; I don't know if there's a relationship between him and ESP.

20. HeHasTheJazzHands

Yeeeeah, I'm under the assumption he pulled up an Alexi sig, traced it, and added some flair to the poster.

works0fheart likes this.