Cheap shipping companies for big boxes in Europe!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Edika, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Hi guys and gals from Europe. I'd like to ask if you know any shipping companies that would pickup and deliver boxes from and to most destinations in Europe.

I want to find some reasonable shipping costs to send a 4x12 Recto cab from France to Germany. The French post office has a weight restriction at 30 kg and the usual suspects (Fedex, UPS, DHL) give me some astronomical prices with the cheapest being from Fedex with 190 Euros.

That would be interesting I think for all EU residents to learn the existence companies like these so there won't be that much of a restriction for sending heavier and larger stuff. I know shops and companies have special deals but it is strange that you should see the fees being shipping fees being offered from most internet shops around EU if they are so expensive.

2. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

3. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Sending something that heavy is gonna be pretty expensive no matter what company you use man.

4. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Yes I know, but there shipping companies that ship in bulk and you can ship by volume. That is what I am searching for. Because 300 something Euros by DHL seems excessive the least. Thomann and other internet shops giving free or very low shipping means they cut special deals or have found cheap shipping companies :).

5. fabriarockz

fabriarockz Lefty! What the Fur?

6. Neil

Neil SS.org Regular

They get cheap shipping because they send millions of orders.

It doesnt matter how bulky their items are if they are filling the whole truck.